Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

How many players are in the tournament now?  Can we see a list?

Also just out of curiosity is there anyone who will playing that is younger than me?  I am 24 now and my friend who is 23 might show up.  That would put us at 2 and 1 when the game was released.  Has anyone entered who has not born when the game was released Dec 13, 1991.  (Sorry if I make anyone feel old) 

I'm also 24, if Joey V is going I'm fairly certain he's younger than me

kweh should win

Not with the way I've been playing lately

I'm also 24, if Joey V is going I'm fairly certain he's younger than me

Joey is 21, and he is going. Youngest in the tournament? Maybe! And he did a little damage in #MWTecmoVI by beating TecmoODell to reach Sweet 16 before losing to O'Toole.

I will be flying in from california Thursday and would love to play some tecmo Friday somewhere. I stil can't believe there is a community of people who share the same enthusiasm for tecmo as me! Plus someone posted the video of the finger poke of doom... Then I knew this tournament is perfect for me!

I will be flying in from california Thursday and would love to play some tecmo Friday somewhere. I stil can't believe there is a community of people who share the same enthusiasm for tecmo as me! Plus someone posted the video of the finger poke of doom... Then I knew this tournament is perfect for me!

We are again doing early registration at the venue on Friday evening this year, so there will be plenty of Nintendos set up for guys looking to get practice games in and/or get buzzed.

When are the brackets going up?

We're probably 1-2 weeks away from publishing the groups along with a sample bracket. Registrations continue to trickle in and there's no real rush. 

Reminder: If you can no longer attend the tourney, please access the site and withdraw. Please do not "no show" on tournament day or advise that you cannot attend after we've already published the groups. Evenly distributing the talent for a 240+ participant field is hard enough without having to go back and readjust on the fly. Thanks guys. 

I made an addendum to the original post: Registration will take place between 9:00 and 9:30 am on Saturday morning.

In addition, we will offer "Early Bird" registration on Friday night starting at 6pm at the same venue. It's a good opportunity for you to register early, get your t-shirt, and play some practice games.

For those bringing equipment: if at all possible, we would appreciate it greatly if you could bring that equipment to the early bird registration, so that we can get as many systems set up on Friday night as we can.

Update: A Sioux Falls, SD man recently secured the 256th spot in #TecmoX. That shouldn’t deter anyone from signing up though, as some guys will drop out before March 8. In the event you remain on the waiting list on tournament day, we’ll refund your entry fee. In short, there’s no downside to getting yourself on the waiting list. 

Exciting that the field is full. Hopefully the groups are announced soon so C.Vogt & the media can begin their previews and prognostications. I see on the list of entrants there are two for "Badger Bowl P." Are these satellite entries reserved for Badger Bowl that people win through mini-tournaments at the venue in the build-up to Tecmo X???

Edit:

Just saw the tweet. Very cool- https://twitter.com/BadgerBowl/status/435961997814136832

Edited by hoigaard

Exciting that the field is full. Hopefully the groups are announced soon so C.Vogt & the media can begin their previews and prognostications. I see on the list of entrants there are two for "Badger Bowl P." Are these satellite entries reserved for Badger Bowl that people win through mini-tournaments at the venue in the build-up to Tecmo X???

Edit:

Just saw the tweet. Very cool- https://twitter.com/BadgerBowl/status/435961997814136832

I've started my feature already. Looking to grab some email interviews to add to the mix. Also, anxiously waiting on the group play announcement.

Super dissappointed. Spend three weeks in the hospital and the fourth thing I do is check this forum. I guess Ill be on the waiting list :-(

What are the odds of people backing out/not showing up?

Edit: checks already in mail you guys should have it sat at latest. Thanks

Edited by CCase798

Super dissappointed. Spend three weeks in the hospital and the fourth thing I do is check this forum. I guess Ill be on the waiting list :-(

I would place a bet that you get in. I was waaayyyyy down the list last year and I played. :D

Remember that joeygats is on the list as a donated spot and it seems that he is unlikely to show up.