Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

Have a quick question. I'm looking to play in the tournament this year...first time. What's the rule for "lurching" on extra points and field goal tries? Can you just take someone (ie. LT) up the middle and dive...or do you have to popcorn? I saw luruching doesn't apply to LB's. Sorry if it was posted somewhere, I didn't see. Just wanted to confirm.

Looking forward to the theme of the tourney. Vikings fan and also a Cannonball Run fan. Almost entire movie was filmed here in Georgia where I live. :)

Thanks,

Greg

Lurching is basically defined as diving with you DL-man during a defensive play.

Running up the middle with LT on a FG or anything else on a FG is legal.  If you can kill a play by diving with a LB, this is also legal.

My brother (TravG23) and I are signed up!

I know that organizing the pools is a logistical nightmare, but I assume you try your best to try and not put brothers in the same pool or bracket, right?

Yeah, we do our best to avoid placing brothers and those traveling together into the same groups.

looks like Madison is really busy that weekend.  bro and I are going to save some dough and stay at the super 8 on hayes rd on the east side of town.  Anyone else who wants to save a few bucks get a room there and we can get the pre gaming started right.

vogtcd11, bigmv54, ryan11p, myself, and possibly daboy8821 will be staying here as well... book up people.  Rooms are going fast.

vogtcd11, bigmv54, ryan11p, myself, and possibly daboy8821 will be staying here as well... book up people.  Rooms are going fast.

Good deal. Since Ryan and I are riding up together with Kevin C. and Chris H. we'll be moving our reservation from Sheraton to this Super 8 also.

as of right now, I'm bringing my snow gear and a fifth of wild turkey, gonna camp out under the nearest overpass.......

but sounds like Super 8 in the mix!  we'll look into it.....

closer to the airport and half the price.  I'm actually flying in fri night due to a schedule issue so that is a positive.  Plus it seems there will be plenty of rides too and from the hotel once people start arriving on friday.

Edited by mort1237

Won't make it this year, sorry guys. Will see how I do this next year with practice

Sorry to hear that, Sobhi. It always sucks when one of our former champions can't make it. Last year, we played without 2 of them (Peter K and Jimmy B.), but they're both signed up this year thankfully. The only MIA former champion is the buzzsaw.

Hope to see you next year, or maybe at another tune-up at Ed's garage before then!

Edited by sonofpatbeach

Yes, I'll see if I can shake off the cobwebs this year :) -- cant go another year of dominating up until the rd of 32 then getting killed by qb browns!  my best days are way behind me as of right now

Edited by kingsoby1

It is a sad sad day.  A sad day.  I cannot attend Madison Tecmo X: Gannonball Run.  I know nobody really cares except my BFF's from Lincoln/Omaha and North Dakota (and  they only care a little), but I've got work travel the week of February 17 and the week of March 3.  Can't sell my wife on missing 2 more nights in between and right before I'm gone for 4 days.  Unreal.  Come on lady, I wear the pants in this family!!! (don't tell her I said this)  Its bad enough she won't let me skip our anniversary for the Lincoln tournament this Saturday. 

Ugh.  Have fun guys, I'll be following on Twitter and twitch tv eating ho-hos and drowning my sorrows with scotchy scotch scotch.

Signed,

Depressed in Des Moines

It is a sad sad day.  A sad day.  I cannot attend Madison Tecmo X: Gannonball Run.  I know nobody really cares except my BFF's from Lincoln/Omaha and North Dakota (and  they only care a little), but I've got work travel the week of February 17 and the week of March 3.  Can't sell my wife on missing 2 more nights in between and right before I'm gone for 4 days.  Unreal.  Come on lady, I wear the pants in this family!!! (don't tell her I said this)  Its bad enough she won't let me skip our anniversary for the Lincoln tournament this Saturday. 

Ugh.  Have fun guys, I'll be following on Twitter and twitch tv eating ho-hos and drowning my sorrows with scotchy scotch scotch.

Signed,

Depressed in Des Moines

I vow to get at least one Haddix INT this year in your honor.