Lincoln, NE - 01/11/14 - 4th Annual Lincoln, NE Tecmobowl.org Tournament

Knobbe

as of today, Jan-1 => full Nintendo Entertainment System immersion and tactile contact from here on; no more emulation/PS2 controller....

made it to the 2nd Bald Bull tonight on my very first Tyson Punch Out run.  made it to the 2nd level of Jackal.  blew some shit up on 1943.

Edited by buck

I might have road tripped it if jimmy1996/ashman were going

It's still not out of the realm of possibilities that we will do double elim for the last 4-8.  Need to go over with the venue about any sort of time we need to be out if there is one.

At this point I have no plans to live stream this event as I need to concentrate on making sure the event itself goes as planned.

I do have the equipment for this should someone want to run this aspect.

• WR or TE at RB: A WR is at RB only if, upon accessing the starting lineup/change screen, the WR appears in a RB slot (as opposed to a WR slot). This is prohibited. WRs that remain in a WR slot may, however, carry the football. This comes into play with teams having only 1 RB slot, such as the Lions, Chargers, Cardinals, Oilers, Falcons, and Redskins. When selecting matchups, therefore, be aware that Ricky Sanders and Earnest Givins can carry the football on plays in which they remain in a WR slot (i.e. offset I and toss up).

so it is LEGAL for Ricky Sanders and Ernest Givins to use RB2 run plays?  what about Rison?

I guess the "This is prohibited." sentence is confusing me.

Edited by buck

I just talked with Knobbe and just to clarify, those WR rules are old.  We will be using the Madison rules this year, so no WR runs except for reverses.  We just hadn't updated since they changed them last year.  I'll post a list of guys signed up soon, we have 33 right now.  I'm hoping for at least 40.  Good to see the wave of Iowans signed up, just need a few more local regulars and some Wiscy guys and we'll have ourselves a tourney.  

It's not too late to sign up, come get some!!!

Edited by moulds33

Signup list: (so far)

1. Godfather - NE
  2. Chris E. - KS
  3. Brian R. - NY
  4. Travis R. - NE
  5. John K. - NE
  6. Travis B. - NE
  7. Nick  - NE
  8. Paul E. - NE
  9. Greg C. - NE
  10. Ben C.  - NE
  11. Stephen D. - NE
  12. Justin B. - NE
  13. Luke C. - NE
  14. Ryan D.  - NE
  15. Mike W. - NE
  16. Chad L. - NE
  17. Nick L. - NE
  18. Jason R. - NE
  19. Nick R. - NE
  20. Trent E. - NE
  21. David S. - IA
  22. Josh H - WI
  23. Josh D. - NE
  24. Rod M. - NE
  25. Cody M. - NE
  26. Jon F. - NE
  27. Jeremy S. - IA
  28. Mike N. - IA
  29. Kevin D. - IA
  30. Cory S. - IA
  31. Craig P. -NE
  32. Matt B. - NE
  33. Chet H. - WI
  34. Tony O. - WI
  35. Nick H. - IA
  36. Andrew H. - IA
  37. Kyle N. - IA
  38. Ryan L. - NE
  39. Josh D. - NE
  40. Kenny L. - IA
  41. Tom P. - NE
  42. John H. - NE
  43. Chris G. - NE
  44. Brendan B. - NE
  45. Mike W. - NE
Edited by moulds33

There were a few different reasons for the move.  Lucky's has good food and has been good to us in the past, but this place has a lot more space and is right downtown.  It's very easy to find (take downtown exit off of I-80 and you can't miss it) and there's a parking garage right across the street.  I actually asked the parking attendant today and she said it'd be around $5 for 6 hours of parking.  Knobbe and I went down there today for lunch to check it out further and the way the place is setup should work really well.  We will have our own bartender and waitress for the entire tourney, they will let us set up the night before, and clean up the day after.  They will also have a couple of big screens showing the NFL playoff game that day.  They have a few projector screens, so maybe we can shoot the final few games on that so it's easier for everyone to see the action.

Some of the proceeds are going to the Boomer Esiason Foundation this year which runs the Rimington Trophy (nation's best center) and we have been and still are attempting to maybe get an appearance by a former player from the Tecmo era to show up.  Since this place is only a few blocks away from the awards ceremony that same night we thought it was worth a try.  So far, it's not going very well as I just received a rejection email from Anthony Munoz who is one of the speaker's that night. This is the first year that we are trying to help them raise money though, so really we are just trying to establish a good relationship with them and get our foot in the door.

There may be other reasons I'm forgetting, but the space factor and the willingness of them to work with us on setup/clean up were key.  If we can get a former NFL guy to walk over and say "hi" also, it's just gravy.

It's good to see we are getting closer to 40 guys, I think Knobbe is gonna make a late push to try and get it over 50.  Looking forward to seeing you all next week!

There's 2 hotels within walking distance for around $100/night that are nice.  The Holiday Inn isn't as new as the Hilton, but it's very clean.  There's also a lot of new bars/restaurants right down in the Haymarket area there for you guys who are staying the night and want to explore the "star city". 

If you want prime rib, go to Misty's.  It's within walking distance of the tourney venue.

So if this is like Madison at what point does it become double elimination? I would hate to get to the final round and have two fumbles that cost me the game! Thats whats great about reaching the double elimination round u have a buffer against that fumble game when.it happens

Also, unless we get way more people than we expect to show up, we WILL do double elimination starting at the Final 4.  So pool play, single elim til Final 4, then double elim to determine who wins the belt.

There's 2 hotels within walking distance for around $100/night that are nice.  The Holiday Inn isn't as new as the Hilton, but it's very clean.  There's also a lot of new bars/restaurants right down in the Haymarket area there for you guys who are staying the night and want to explore the "star city". 

If you want prime rib, go to Misty's.  It's within walking distance of the tourney venue.

Any downtown hotels will be nice.

If you want something not as high end you can either try near the airport, which is about a 5-10 minute drive from downtown.

I don't stay in a lot of Lincoln hotels so I'm not really for sure on that.