TSB III Play Diagrams w/ Labels

deadfaulkner

We're just about to start a new season at the TLL, so we're setting our team lineups and playbooks.  One thing we thought would be useful was play diagrams that label which player gets the ball (for running plays) and how the receiver progression works (for passing plays).  I thought I'd put the results up here.

One thing I learned from this is that there are some passing plays that are wrongly diagrammed in the game's play selection screens.  For one, all the fake dive passes show the back as an eligible receiver in the diagram (i.e. yellow route arrow), but he is not (obviously, since he dived).  I've grayed those routes out in these diagrams.

Interestingly, there are two other passing plays that do not, in the diagrams, show all the receivers that are actually in the passing routes.  The first is the 1Motion PA Pass in the Pass1 slot: the tight end is diagrammed as having a blocking assignment, but he's actually an eligible receiver who runs a short in.  The second is the T Motion Short in the Pass4 slot: the QB fakes to the FB, who is diagrammed as rolling to the bottom to block, but he, too, is actually a receiver in the pattern.  Both of these routes I've shown in light green in my diagrams.

Thanks to slimjimmy for getting the original play diagrams from the game.  He's a true TSB III guru.

Runs Up:

Runs1.png

Runs Left:

Runs2.png

Runs Right:

Runs3.png

Runs Down:

Runs4.png

Passes Up:

Passes1.png

Passes Left:

Passes2.png

Passes Right:

Passes3.png

Passes Down:

Passes4.png

Edited by deadfaulkner

T Motion Short is my favorite play to defend as far as getting interceptions.  The receiver most thrown to by COM is the guy crossing over the middle diagonally... very hard to hit in stride for the crappy QBs.  Overthrows result in wide open chances at INTs with usually no grapple making for some interesting INT returns.

Thanks so much for this!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sucks that TSB III moved the TE to the bottom of the formation on the Pro T plays- screws up the spacing and ruins multiple pass plays.

A lot of the "new" plays are great, but some are terrible by bunching 3 receivers together, effectively letting 1 defender guard all 3.

Edited by ron08