Bodom's NE Patriots COA Challenge

COA Elway

Jets COA season WEEK 6...(I was really feelin' the Evan Williams now :)

It's a rematch vs the Eagles, and they caught an a$$ whippin'!!!  Philly's highly heralded 'D' was NO match for J.J..........same stratagy, same result.  To say I'm gettin' the HANG of this is an UNDERSTATEMENT.

Johnny-23 for 153, and 3 TD's...

............................LOOK OUT EMMITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!

FINAL SCORE: Jets 21 vs Eagles 3

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Jets COA season WEEK 4...

Johnny's back!!!!!!!  (thank God)  He's starting to find his rhythem, and the Pats didn't have a chance...a massacre if you will.  (Sorry Bodom...Ha hA Ha!!!)

FINAL SCORE: Jets 24 vs Patriots 0

Sounds about right, Tailback.

It's nice to relive those miserable years every once in a while!

Sounds about right, Tailback.

It's nice to relive those miserable years every once in a while!

You'd think Leonard Russell & John Vaughn could really make that offense go...That's a pretty kick a$$ tandem...I'll bet the line sucks...??? 

(p.s.  and another thing...Where's Bledsoe???)

I was considering doing a COA seasons challenge sometime in the future, probably 1 season with each team in a calendar year, and this thread is reinforcing the fact that I should try/do this.  I've only coached a TSB game once or twice, but it seems like a credible challenge, especially with the no subs and stock playbooks, which are standards that I hold myself to currently...though after playing 45 seasons between TSB SNES and TSB NES and now the 267 total games to play the entire season on TSB 2014, I think I'm gonna be rather burned out on Tecmo for a while...by the end of 2013, I will have played 1847 MvG games of Tecmo since 2011, and that includes 0 in 2012...so probably gonna shelf it for a bit lol.

Got in 2 games this weekend................................

Jets COA season WEEK 8...

This game was seriously HARD.  A battle of the trenches if you will...lots of stops...but in the end Johnny Johnson was again MUCH 2 MUCH for that Buffalo 'D'.  Somewhere at the begining of the 4th Quarter, Johnsons' EXCELLENT switch flipped on, and that was all she wrote for the AFC Champion Bills.

Johnson-23 for 169 yrds rushing, and 3 TD's.........(a 45 yard burst up the gut to win in OT!!!)

Final score: Jets 20 vs Buffalo 14

Jets COA season WEEK 9...

One word describes this game...Defensive SLUGGFEST.  (well that's 2 or 3 words depending on how literally anal you wanna be)

There was NO SCORING in the whole first half...just biggg hits that caused fumbles, and a s#!t load of picc's...at least 5 or 6 turnovers. and they seemed to not stop happening until the clock stopped for Halftime.....In the second half, it was the Giants' D that turned it up and held Johnny to only one TD, taking big shots at him whenever they could.....(There was some drives where they picked Johnny's # 3 times in a row...that's FRUSTERATING).....and again Boomer contributed jack squat, and threw like 3 or 4 picc's :(

Johnson-20 for 119 yrds, one TD

Final Score: NY Giants 10 vs NY Jets 7

Jets COA Season WEEK 10...

The play that flipped the script on the whole game was a 1st quarter, long drive killin' picc, by Ronnie Lott...It KILLED Marino's momentum and they never recovered.  The Jets 'D' stepped up in a major way, unlike they had all year...They held the explosive Miami 'O' to '0' points in the whole first half!!!!!  Not only that, Marino was held to only 69 yards passing ALL DAY!!!  The Jets 'D' deserves the game ball, but Johnny handled buesiness...and GASHED the Dolphins for 3 Touchdowns.................. 

Johnny Johnson- 22 for 132 yrds rushing, and 3 TD's

FINAL SCORE: Jets 20 vs Dolphins 7    {New York Jets record to this date: 5 wins and 3 losses}

*On a side note, Johnson has passed 1,000 yrds rushing (1,075) and 16 touchdowns in week 8, on COA mode (without me controlling him) which establishes him as one of the ELITE backs, if not THE ELITE back in the game...and this is the first time I'v EVER coached a season........This only proves on thing, that I'm the GREATEST ROOKIE 'COA' MODE PLAYER in the history of Tecmobowl, or the mythical, magical Johnny Johnson is just that damn good, no matter what his stats say, or what version of the game he's in...It's probably both.

~The second half of Johnny & the Jets mythical, magical, mystery tour will be back Monday............On that note, have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Jets COA season WEEK 11...

Well, It was a battle of the Johnson's!!!  And was it a battle!  Big run after big run...like two boxers in a heavyweight fight...BUT...Anthony Johnson came out on top of this one...The game went to overtime, the Colts won the toss, and the first time Anthony got the ball in OT, it was the same story...he got them into field goal range, and the Colts kicked a b!Tc# a$$ 40 yrd field goal to win :(

Johnny Johnson-22 carries for 174 yrds, and 2 TD's

Anthony Johnson-12 carries for 107 yrds, and 2 TD's

FINAL SCORE:  Colts 17 vs Jets 14

.........................more to come today...got in a buncha games this weekend and yesterday.

Jets COA season WEEK 12...

Talk about a REBOUND game...besides Carl pickens and his ability to jump as high as a 5 story building to catch balls, the Bengals were beat into the corner and knocced out over the ropes...I was wondering when one of THESE GAMES was comin'...Johnson basically destroyed Cinncinati by himself, and stacked up 4 more rushing touchdowns to his total.  Cincinnati better re think their game plan...OUCH.

Johnny Johnson-23 rushes for 164 yrds, and 4 TD's!!!

Carl Pickens-3 receptions for 109 yrds, and 0 TD's

FINAL SCORE:  Jets 28 vs Bengals 3

Jets COA season WEEK 13...

This was a HARD game...the kind that seemed to wear years off your life, and anyone playin' in it...Boomer came up with his one good play a game he's good for and struck on a bomb at the end of the first half for a touchdown...

The game went into OVERTIME, but somewhere in the last quarter of this knife fight, Johnson struck the Pats with a 'vital' gash to the gut.....their death was slow and painful.....Johnson ended up with over 150 yrds rushing in the 4th quarter & overtime ALONE!!!  The Pats 'D' that was holding it's own almost all game collapsed.

Johnny Johnson-30 carries for 223 yrds, and 2 TD's!!!

FINAL SCORE:  Jets 20 vs Patriots 14

...........Sorry again Bodom, they were close, but NO CIGAR...Ha hA Ha!!!

Jets COA season WEEK 14...

It was a SNOW GAME...It seemed everyone was wearin' spats on a slick dance floor, and Johnny was the only one who could dance, and then proceded to throw everyone off the dance floor after he won the competition...Ha hA Ha!!!....Like a Royal RUMBLE!!!...........................Yes, yes, I know...These game analysis are probably the best anyone's ever heard...I'm thinking of switching careers and going into Sports Writing for the Oregonian :)  The game was not as close as the score would indicate.

Johnny Johnson-15 carries for 180 yrds, 1 TD

FINAL SCORE:     Jets 14 vs Colts 6        

Jets COA season WEEK 15...

1st half, Jets over the Skins 14 to 0!!!  Great job by the Jets offensive line all game........Again, the theme in this season hasn't changed...Johnson was AGAIN to much, ripping off at least 4 huge runs of over 30 yrds...It was an old fashion a$$ whoop!n.

Johnson-19 carries for 171 yrds, and 3 TD's

FINAL SCORE:  Jets 21 vs Redskins 10

@ Elway.........Didn't you say in a thread somewhere that you threw for 3,000 yrds plus with Boomer Esiason???  I don't know how the hell you did that.........You musta' mastered passing timing or somthin'.......or picct a playbook with only DEEP route options........I'd like to know how many picks Boomer threw for you also.

I WILL finish up the season this weekend.............then, the dreaded PLAYOFFS......

3 games to go Elway, and Johnny's reaching for a spot on your top 3 rushers in his rookie year!!! 

When this is all said and done, I'ma make a thread with all the statistics DOCUMENTED.......then you can tell me how good or bad you think I did my first cracc at COA.

• 1 year later...

Just finished a crazy Pats coach season following the previous rules (1) No substitutions - except when players get injured (2) No checking player conditions, ever (3) Original playbook!

Finished 13-3 losing to only Pittsburgh - in OT, Buffalo, and Cincy - all by 7 points or less. 

post-5893-0-28407100-1434123837_thumb.pn

First in defense, last in offense.  Ground and pound, slow the game down!

post-5893-0-80174700-1434123887_thumb.pn

post-5893-0-39261000-1434123893_thumb.pn

The playoffs lined up perfectly and I was able to avenge each loss.

post-5893-0-94887100-1434123845_thumb.pn

And one of the craziest Super Bowl box scores I have ever seen.

post-5893-0-44626200-1434123936_thumb.pn

• 1 year later...

Just documenting my best ever NE COA season.  To reiterate the rules:

- No playbook changes - original Pats playbook only.

- No roster moves of any kind (unless someone gets injured). 

- If someone gets injured, you must sub in the next in line as Tecmo would. 

- No checking player conditions.  Ever.

15-1 + Super Bowl.  My 1 loss was to the Vikings.

(I actually had a 16-0 season a few weeks ago, but lost in the AFC Championship to Buffalo)

15-1.thumb.png.c4d9fc307eda6f23b490020e992d778b.png

Tecmo_Super_Bowl-9.thumb.png.eaf83a5b15bb6b3f98bef817eca058f1.png

Edited by Bodom

On 10/17/2013 at 2:24 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Jets COA season WEEK 15...

1st half, Jets over the Skins 14 to 0!!!  Great job by the Jets offensive line all game........Again, the theme in this season hasn't changed...Johnson was AGAIN to much, ripping off at least 4 huge runs of over 30 yrds...It was an old fashion a$$ whoop!n.

Johnson-19 carries for 171 yrds, and 3 TD's

FINAL SCORE:  Jets 21 vs Redskins 10

HOLY $#!T...........I remember doing this Jets season on COA with J.J............what the hell happened to the rest of it???????????????