2013-14 NFL TSB Street Tecmo, ROM here

buck

0. you are ALEX SMITH with pretty low PS of the KC Chiefs, you aren't supposed to be able to pass very well with KC!  I am glad you're finding it difficult with them. 

1. obviously, you can change your plays to get less go routes.  know your plays, know the possible variations of each route.

2. you need to look at who is covering who and sometimes you will have to CC (most linebackers can be CC'd on due to low INT, some DBs suck INT, too).  know your players and the other teams defenders...there's only 7 of them!

3. but anyways, yes. timing, 1st and foremost.

4....the key is that you need to be looking for the signs that you will have a QUICK WINDOW to throw to your WR.  

>sometimes this means hitting WR on the run in this window - quickly while he's open.

>other times it means hitting him on the run where the DEFENDER timing/location is such that he will just miss and JUMP-WHIFF the ball.

Overall, I suggest practicing (in pickup or whatever) FORCING balls at WRs and see what you learn about timing and defensive reactions (jump-whiffing).  And you might want to practice with someone besides Alex Smith and the underachieving KC WR Stable.

Thanks for the feedback.

Right on.  Thanks for the reply.  I figured I just wasn't getting it.  I'll practice that and see what I find out.

Played a whole season consecutively just now with da bears. Finished reg. season 8-8, which won my division. Then in the playoffs i turned off my ability to 4x turbo between plays etc, because it ends up making me play way too fast and not even pay attention to what play i'm picking. I got way more conservative probably somewhat because of this, and ended up winning the super bowl. Bears 45 49ers 33  Bears 45 Falcons 25  Bears 54 Bengals 9. There were 363 INTs thrown in the regular season league wide. HOLY SHIT WHAT? lol Cutler ended up 111/215 1800 yds 38 td 25 int.....Forte 92 carries 427 yds 4.6 avg 14 td  23 rec 241 yds 10.4 avg 8 td  Marshall 22 rush 96 yds 4.3 avg 6 td 33 rec 810 yds 24.5 avg 13 td   Tillman had 11 picks 4 for tds  Jennings 13 picks 1 td  Briggs 4 picks 2 tds. All in all was a fun time, but I might like it better if INTs were tuned down a little, for me it's just a little too crazy/unpredictable, though i suppose this rom is supposed to be that way. I stopped throwing down field as much because it seemed to be 50/50 i'd get JJ int'd eventually. Started to snap switch and throw to forte most of the time.

Played a whole season consecutively just now with da bears. Finished reg. season 8-8, which won my division. Then in the playoffs i turned off my ability to 4x turbo between plays etc, because it ends up making me play way too fast and not even pay attention to what play i'm picking. I got way more conservative probably somewhat because of this, and ended up winning the super bowl. Bears 45 49ers 33  Bears 45 Falcons 25  Bears 54 Bengals 9. There were 363 INTs thrown in the regular season league wide. HOLY SHIT WHAT? lol Cutler ended up 111/215 1800 yds 38 td 25 int.....Forte 92 carries 427 yds 4.6 avg 14 td  23 rec 241 yds 10.4 avg 8 td  Marshall 22 rush 96 yds 4.3 avg 6 td 33 rec 810 yds 24.5 avg 13 td   Tillman had 11 picks 4 for tds  Jennings 13 picks 1 td  Briggs 4 picks 2 tds. All in all was a fun time, but I might like it better if INTs were tuned down a little, for me it's just a little too crazy/unpredictable, though i suppose this rom is supposed to be that way. I stopped throwing down field as much because it seemed to be 50/50 i'd get JJ int'd eventually. Started to snap switch and throw to forte most of the time.

That all sounds about right.  You could have done a little better passing the ball.  You gotta get your DIVA ON with a WR like B. Marshall!  I remember I had over 1400 yards with Marshall in one season that I didn't finish.

363 INTS league wide/16 teams/16 games per team = 1.4 INTs  per team per game. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Again, with passing, you gotta be quick and know your routes to be good.  A lot of my throws are within the first 2 seconds after the snap.  Rarely do I run around killing time like in old school TSB - you really can't do that.

Edited by buck

That all sounds about right.  You could have done a little better passing the ball.  You gotta get your DIVA ON with a WR like B. Marshall!  I remember I had over 1400 yards with Marshall in one season that I didn't finish.

363 INTS league wide/16 teams/16 games per team = 1.4 INTs  per team per game. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Again, with passing, you gotta be quick and know your routes to be good.  A lot of my throws are within the first 2 seconds after the snap.  Rarely do I run around killing time like in old school TSB - you really can't do that.

Yea i'm def trying to rip it asap. I probably could have done more with marshall as when you have a combo of good-excellent between cutler and marshall he'll catch most balls. But with that for me will come INTs. When I can't afford a pick i kinda have to dink and dunk down the field because you ain't avoiding a pick. One time with the DB about 10 yards behind the wr and lined up with your throw is a pick. Though you're right  363 total isn't terrible. Might be more not enough TDs instead of too many picks. Some of the best QBs will have more picks than TDs

Yea i'm def trying to rip it asap. I probably could have done more with marshall as when you have a combo of good-excellent between cutler and marshall he'll catch most balls. But with that for me will come INTs. When I can't afford a pick i kinda have to dink and dunk down the field because you ain't avoiding a pick. One time with the DB about 10 yards behind the wr and lined up with your throw is a pick. Though you're right  363 total isn't terrible. Might be more not enough TDs instead of too many picks. Some of the best QBs will have more picks than TDs

Did you do the normal SKP games to get those stats or did you watch COM v COM?  Those sound like SKP stats.  If you did SKP, you're gonna have to chill, because SIM stats are very, very hard to control and make things balance out.  

If you want to see "better" (or more realistic) stats for games that you aren't controlling a team, set every team to COM and let them play their games out in real time.  (Just use a higher frame rate to get through them faster).

And this goes for ANY version or hack of TSB.  SIM setting is part science, part art, part luck.

yea i did a few weeks with all com then got tired of buzzing through their games, thought it could have somethin to do with it. Overall my only real beef at this point is the huge number of overthrows i'm seeing. Can't count how many times my wr dives and comes up just short, regardless of qb talent

wow, was just down 34-10 in the 3rd and ended up winning the game. 4 TD passes, 2 onside recoveries, didn't even turn them over like i figured i would need to at least once.

*edit* Forgot I had a safety, guess that is somewhat of a turnover. *edit*

comeback.jpg

Edited by star5328

I'm not sure which of those consecutive posts I am responding to, but it's not my fault or the roms that you are overthrowing everything.  no offense here, but I hope you understand my point of view; because first, I don't agree that everything is overthrown, as you opined.

the game is the way I made it, and I did not make it yesterday.  believe me, we're talking at least year and a half worth of playing and tweaking this engine.  

and it plays how I want it to play.  yes, sometimes there is some garbage, yes, sometimes it's like NBA JAM.  that's part of the point of it.

but if you have "beefs" about this game based on your own individual skills or lack thereof, you're gonna have to tell them to somebody else.  I do enjoy hearing your game recaps, though.  and it's cool seeing the game stats.

just did a regular season with the BEARS, lost 1st playoff game to COWBOYS.  here's what I had in the season:

12-4, IN A SEASON PLAGUED BY INJURIES

marshall missed 2+

cutler missed 5+

forte missed 2+

Passing

CUTLER 78/118, 30/10 TD/INT, 1250 PASS YDS, (14/85 RUSH 1TD)

MCCOWN 30/60, 13/4 TD/INT, 536 PASS YDS, (7/88 RUSH 0TD)

Rushing

FORTE 73/552 RUSH 17TD

BUSH 20/197 RUSH 5 TD 

Receiving

MARSHALL 62/1239 REC 32TD

JEFFERY 16/209 REC 6TD

BENNETT 4/63 REC 2 TD

FORTE 23/242 REC 2TD

BUSH 3/33 REC 1TD

Other Offense

HESTER 64 RETURNS - 461 YDS 2TD

GOULD 83/83 XP, 7/10 FG

Sack Leader

MELTON 10 SACKS

Ints

TILLMAN 10/270 INTS 7TD (ALSO 5 SACKS AND 4 OR 5 BLOCKED FG)

JENNINGS 9/86 INTS 3TD

Other Season Notes

2 of the losses were from total garbage fumbling

used default CHI playbook, except for Diva pass in slot 4

not many offensive possessions the last 3 or 4 games of season, cuz TILLMAN went on rampages - pic-6's, fg blocks and tds, etc

Edited by buck

PLEASE - I would like feedback on which 16 NFL teams should be "playable", and which other 12 teams should be "hidden".  for a future update.

NOTE - must have 2 teams per division "playable"; there is leeway with the hidden teams, but I'd like to have the same number of hidden NFC/AFC teams if possible.

also, I added basic credits to 1st post.

Somehow I played through a season without realizing i was playing teams that weren't in the game. 

NFC East

• Dallas
  • Washington
(Philadelphia)

(New York)

NFC Norris

• Green Bay
  • Detroit
(Chicago)

(Minnesota)

NFC South

• New Orleans
  • Carolina
(Atlanta)

NFC West

• Seattle
  • San Francisco
(Arizona)

AFC East

• New England
  • Miami Dolphins
(New York)

AFC Norris

• Cincinnati
  • Baltimore
(Pittsburgh)

(Cleveland)

AFC South

• Indianapolis
  • Tennessee
(Houston)

AFC West

• Denver
  • Kansas City
(San Diego)

(Oakland)

Yes I'm a dolphins fan, however I would make zero arguments in their favor after the manner in which they gave away their last 2 games, at home no less. I mean...who the hell wants to play as the Dolphins? Anyway I think this is what I would do. I think it makes sense to use popular teams, or teams with large fan bases once you run out of good teams. This also works toward balancing the league and maybe helping to differ the experience on a game to game basis. 

Simming com season, WHOA!

comsimints.jpg

packers: SimData=0xca3 (that means 12/15 offense and 10/15 defense and heavy pass)

eagles: SimData=0x352 (that means 3/15 offense and 5/15 defense and medium pass)

nothing new here, from my point of view, and I couldn't care less.

sorry NOOB, but that's Tecmo.  SIM it again and you'll get a totally different outcome, I bet.

OH - that is with SENECA WALL-ACE at the Helm....LOL

Edited by buck

you know, I've often considered this game too hard vs COM in the later season (if you've got a winning record). but sometimes, you just have to reset the game and try it again (and again), until you can win.  

I  prefer it this way, because if it's flat out too easy, there's nothing you can do about it - but if it's too hard, you can try and try and finally win that tough game.  if feels good.

I just did a season with the CHIEEEFS, going 13-3 in the regular season.  The first round of the playoffs, I was up against DENVER.  I am serious when I say that it took me 10 tries to win this game.  Some of the games, DEN would take the game in the 4th quarter, some of them they would be killing me before halftime.  Finally, I was able to squeak by with a last second FG, winning 26-25 (there were safeties).  

I went from being so frustrated and pissed off and thinking that I would "never" beat them, to being pretty pumped after winning.  (Now I'm stuck in the Super Bowl trying to beat CHI...already 2 failed tries at that one).

So anyways, my advice is if you get your butt kicked by a team (it will happen if you have a nice winning record) just reset the game and try it again.  Go ahead, it's just a video game.  Though it's brutal at times, you can eventually find a way to win a game.

Got to the AFC championship and lost.  Good game, lots of fun.  Was definitely worth playing a season, and if I had more time I'd play a few more seasons.  I was the Chiefs too, went 12-4, and never really figured out the passing.  My top passing game was 170 yards and 4 tds, but for the most part my stats looked more like, 45% passing, 55 yards, 1 td and 1 pick.  I relied on tough D, Jamaal Charles, Jamaal Charles, and Jamaal Charles.  It was pretty tough to stop Charles 4 straight plays, but in the AFC championship the computer finally started shutting down my run, and the pass wasn't enough to overcome.  

• 11 months later...

Dude. Seattle is tits to play with. Almost broken.

I got to the AFC Championship and stomped with my Colts. Hike + Pass is the best way to hang in this jam.

BEST ROM OF 2015

wrong thread!  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/60661-nfl-street-tecmo-14-15-rom-nes-tsb-download-101214/

:!: also, could you move the thread I linked into the upload/download section (instead of rom editing discussion section)?

wrong thread!  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/60661-nfl-street-tecmo-14-15-rom-nes-tsb-download-101214/

:!: also, could you move the thread I linked into the upload/download section (instead of rom editing discussion section)?

I've been playing the wrong ROM like an asshole.

Topic moved.

edit: Nevermind. Correct ROM. Still epic.