2013-14 NFL TSB Street Tecmo, ROM here

buck

Hey, the ROM is at VERY-BOTTOM OF THIS POST -=October 12=-

Note - to play a season, you will have to have a "2nd controller" set up, for away games.  

--->>>I personally use the same controller set up for both 1 Player and the 2nd Player controller.

Know thy emulator.

In the 2013-14 NFL TSB Streets, EVERYONE hears you scream....but nobody cares.

Adam Sandler playing tennis-ball hockey with his funny friends is on a totally different street - so get lost if you're looking for your momma's TSB foosball.

Here, there's no "out of bounds" - only "out of play"...and although you claw and grope the TSB Street Walls, you will not avoid confrontation.

But don't be afraid to FORCE things in these TSB Streets - 'cause son, there is just no way to play it safe.

And when you think you've met your match:  your hair-trigger-itchy-finger will see you through these TSB streets.

Play a Season, you're gonna meet some other NFL friends on the Street - Teams that were not good enough to make the 16-team cut - but they ain't on the sidewalk with a fistful of crack, they ready to roll.

You thinks you can BALL, dog - thinks you can TAP?  That A-button better be synaptically connected to your TSB Soul.

Will you have to eventually "fight yourself" (7-on-7) in the high-speed 2014 Street Bowl?  Unfortunately, NO....But if you did - you'd need: a bat, a knife to throw, and a crate full of meat.

post-5602-0-59150700-1379818538_thumb.pn

buck and rewhawl (TEAM SAMURAI) present:

2014 NFL TSB STREET ROM - for the Nintendo Entertainment System

STREET CRED:

7-ON-7/50 YD FIELD/BASE ROM - jstout

HELMETLESS PLAYER GRAPHICS - xplozv

CONCEPT/GRAPHICS - buck, rewhawl, some "minis" swiped from keithisgood

PHYSICS/ENGINE/ROSTERS/RATINGS - buck

NEW SCREENS/CUTSCREENS/SPECIAL HALFTIME/HALFTIME "SONG" - buck

MISC HACKS - jstout, bruddog, xplozv, buck

stay tuned for -

TEAM UPDATES 

PLAYBOOK UPDATES

OTHER UPDATES

post-5602-0-14870600-1380165646_thumb.pn

Edited by buck

Another small informational update. 

Do you know what it feels like to be a WR in the NFL?  The glory, the hate, the confusion?  Well, in these 2014 TSB Streets you can be the WR (only) on selected plays.  Can you get yourself open?  Do you trust COM to throw it your way?

What about holding...errr, blocking?  Will COM follow your lead?  Choose a "Blocking" play and you will control a blocker (only).  Do you think that COM can run as good as you (I doubt it, too)?  But, in the TSB Streets, you can't be afraid to try anything - unless you's a chikenhead.

Look for this next week.  It will be worth the wait.

post-5602-0-11282300-1380141734_thumb.pn

post-5602-0-95566900-1380165600_thumb.pn

Edited by buck

Love it, Love it, Love it.  I also love the mini logos not being on helmets.  Nice to also see the phish on der.

ETA?

STREET SPEAK OFF:

Depending on my weekend, sometime next week.  Otherwise, 2 weeks.  

It's actually "ready", but I'm just tightening up some graphics, and mostly working on a few new plays for the fun of it.

I had some "newbs" play test it and it's pretty tough.  I played a season with DAL (setting all other teams to COM) and went 8-8 and missed playoffs...I may come out with a "fatcheerleader version" with decreased difficulty.

edit.  I also just finished a season with the sAints.  Went 11-5 and made the playoffs, but then lost in Quadruple-Overtime on a Reverend Jimmy Graham goal-line fumble to Dallas 55-49, in 1st round.

Edited by buck

• 3 weeks later...

How is your progress Buck?  Lookn forward to checkn it out.

well, I suppose it's good enough to go.  I got sidetracked because I started porting the street physics/engine, etc to a regular 32-team highspeed/slot defense rom.

well, I suppose it's good enough to go.  I got sidetracked because I started porting the street physics/engine, etc to a regular 32-team highspeed/slot defense rom.

Ha, can you update those rosters on the 11-12 HS/Slot Defense rom while you're at it? I'd do the work if I had any idea how you did them to begin with.

street rom is on crack! The fact that a 3 score game with 2 minutes left is not over makes for some intense moments. I think I gave up a td, fumbled the kr returned for a score, and then threw a pick on my first play after the next kickoff and lost a huge lead in the process, then hit a long td as time expired to re-steal the lead probably 20 seconds after I lost it. I think I need to turn the damn turbo button off on my controller because I already play so fast and pick so fast I don't even know what routes are being run half the time. Another thing i noticed is that by default on outside run plays I try to turn the corner but stay in bounds, so in this game it took me a few games to break off some decent runs. Turns out that extra couple steps that would normally be out of bounds is sometimes the difference between being stuffed and getting out into the open field. Love the high speed physics so much. At first I felt like there wasn't much of a cut game for the ball carrier, but now I'm thinking you just have to be way more assertive/aggressive with your cuts. Nice change of pace from the much longer cuts in the OG, also much more difficult. 

You got the play hacking/writing down to an art form. Your plays are more complete than most custom plays I've used. It's been that way for a few years now. For me it's about a realistically competitive com and a fresh experience playing the game. Whether it be a totally different thing (Street) or more of an NFL sim I love being able to play a rom that has TONS of custom plays. To me being able to run different plays than the standard OG plays we've all run 829034x each is possibly the biggest plus of all. Thanks for puttin in the time, I appreciate.     Oh ya, new roster for HS slot D? Pretty plz?

You got the play hacking/writing down to an art form. Your plays are more complete than most custom plays I've used. It's been that way for a few years now. For me it's about a realistically competitive com and a fresh experience playing the game. Whether it be a totally different thing (Street) or more of an NFL sim I love being able to play a rom that has TONS of custom plays. To me being able to run different plays than the standard OG plays we've all run 829034x each is possibly the biggest plus of all. Thanks for puttin in the time, I appreciate.     

Jstout designed most of those plays and sets for his CIFL rom, which this street rom is based on.  I just customized them to work with the new physics (well, I did tweak a bit more than that) and overwrote a few with new ones.  But over half of them are jstouts and the common theme (which I think is pretty smoooth) of the play sets is his.  

Also, check out a guy called "xplozv" on this site - his roms are all custom plays.  you may like them.

Street Rom : Did you see these yet?  Look in slot Pass SLot 3 and 4 - there is a play in 3 where the WR2 symbol looks like an "M", same in slot 4, except WR1.  on these, you control the WR, not the QB.  Also, in Run Slot 3, there is a play that is a screen to WR1, on this on you control the RB blocking for him.

Edited by buck

Street Rom : Did you see these yet?  Look in slot Pass SLot 3 and 4 - there is a play in 3 where the WR2 symbol looks like an "M", same in slot 4, except WR1.  on these, you control the WR, not the QB.  Also, in Run Slot 3, there is a play that is a screen to WR1, on this on you control the RB blocking for him.

BWi28IrCEAIGWls.png

haha, yea i saw those plays. I like wr screens, or any kind if screen in tecmo really. I ran one of the blocker ones probably 8-10 times before realizing i wasn't controlling the ball carrier. You know, the fact that those wr screens work to well in most versions of tsb i've played is essentially negated by not being able to control the wr and only blocking for him. Was a really good idea.

Also, check out a guy called "xplozv" on this site - his roms are all custom plays.  you may like them.

Yea, i've played a few of his too, and i do like them, especially the JBI format. I've been around here lurking forever and following the progress y'all make on this game. I think I go back to about 2005 or 2006 when I had played ~20 games on tpc.  

I think imma start wingin a HS roster update tonight, anything I need to know or anything that would help would be greatly appreciated. Also I promise not to post it in an effort to hijack one of your roms and call it mine.

Yea, i've played a few of his too, and i do like them, especially the JBI format. I've been around here lurking forever and following the progress y'all make on this game. I think I go back to about 2005 or 2006 when I had played ~20 games on tpc.  

I think imma start wingin a HS roster update tonight, anything I need to know or anything that would help would be greatly appreciated. Also I promise not to post it in an effort to hijack one of your roms and call it mine.

chief, the big difference in that 11-12 highspeed player ratings and the ratings of the "original" or the 2014 tb.org is the lowered/wildly varied RS and RP of the highpseed.  

a quick/easy fix would be to go in and proportionally lower the RS and RP scales (inside the highspeed rom itself) so that you can leave the ratings as-is!  

of course this is not a perfect solution, because the highspeed ratings actually vary RS and RP significantly between players (especially on offense, instead of all 69RP, for example).  

edit - I think it plays fine with the '14.org rosters! 

Edited by buck

varying RS and RP are key for sure. I think that's why I'm bored with OG roms. Is it RP that enables WRs to "beat" DBs for a bit on go routes? Or is that a delayed coverage thing?

I'm of the mind that guys like Welker Sproles Woodhead would benefit and perform more like themselves with higher RS but not enough MS to break away on the regular

Edited by star5328

I'm the Cheifs.  9-2 so far.  Really cool things about this game.  I'm struggling to understand passing though.  Most of the routes are go routes and the people are covered 99% of the time.  Is there something I'm missing?  Is there timing to throwing the go routes that I'm just not seeing?  Or is it intended that we huck the ball into coverage on go routes and hope for a CC?

I'm the Cheifs.  9-2 so far.  Really cool things about this game.  I'm struggling to understand passing though.  Most of the routes are go routes and the people are covered 99% of the time.  Is there something I'm missing?  Is there timing to throwing the go routes that I'm just not seeing?  Or is it intended that we huck the ball into coverage on go routes and hope for a CC?

0. you are ALEX SMITH with pretty low PS of the KC Chiefs, you aren't supposed to be able to pass very well with KC!  I am glad you're finding it difficult with them. 

1. obviously, you can change your plays to get less go routes.  know your plays, know the possible variations of each route.

2. you need to look at who is covering who and sometimes you will have to CC (most linebackers can be CC'd on due to low INT, some DBs suck INT, too).  know your players and the other teams defenders...there's only 7 of them!

3. but anyways, yes. timing, 1st and foremost.

4....the key is that you need to be looking for the signs that you will have a QUICK WINDOW to throw to your WR.  

>sometimes this means hitting WR on the run in this window - quickly while he's open.

>other times it means hitting him on the run where the DEFENDER timing/location is such that he will just miss and JUMP-WHIFF the ball.

Overall, I suggest practicing (in pickup or whatever) FORCING balls at WRs and see what you learn about timing and defensive reactions (jump-whiffing).  And you might want to practice with someone besides Alex Smith and the underachieving KC WR Stable.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by buck