Tecmo team preview newspapers

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

The original Tecmo Bowl is loosely based off the mid/late 80's.  Based on certain player movement around the NFL coinciding with Tecmo rosters(and when it was released), August 1988 seems to me like a good date for these "pre-season" looks at each team.    

Each paper showcases a team slogan of sorts, some star player mentions, overall team make up, along with some deficiencies they have, and other random thoughts.

c859a575-91f6-417e-8e33-08fcddf79543_zps

7e46b185-cedc-4e55-8648-5fb524323662_zps

3ff07959-3258-46e9-9d31-7fb3fef3649c_zps

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

You can't use that pic of Rice because it is from 1994 :cool:

Ha, yes that Pic is from 94 if i'm not mistaken.  Their uniforms by then were a bit different than the Tecmo era.  

Loved that pic though with Rice scoring a TD and 2 Raiders sitting on their asses in the back ground.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bradtheimpaler/media/943d9d82-e5d8-476f-b192-effea99bb907_zpsfd31bcf9.png.html]]

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

I've got figure out how to install the Mike Tyson punch out font into MS Paint.  Would make things a lot faster than building every word manually.

That's a time consuming deal.  Get that figured out and could probably finish up the rest in an afternoon. 

Try this http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/152/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Those are awesome! Love that one of Rice!!!

I was hoping one day someone would do a 1994 rom and actually use those uniforms the Niners wore that season with the white pants and black stripe. They looked so cool with the white jeresys and white pants. Have no clue why they don't bring those back for throwbacks.

• 4 weeks later...

What we need to do is create something to allow you to create these online :)

P.S. I've been getting a few more people on-boarded for editing TB32.  I'm baaaaack, baby!

It is my aim to have a TB32 ROM for 2015, and I should have it setup so that yearly releases are easily created.

Hey man can you make one for the Saints with Rickey Jackson or Sam Mills on the page for the old Dome Patrol?

I LOVED their defense back in the day.  Also had Vaughan Johnson and Pat freaking Swilling was the other LB.  All 4 went to the pro bowl one year.    

I might have to jack around and create on...that might be fun to make.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Colts are next.

5229787c-669c-4147-95b8-cb8d5d5a65b4_zps

Tried to incorporate something about Jack Trudeau's weak passing ability with an injury question.  

Colt's also have the best playbook in Tecmo, as long as they have a dominant RB....and it's not even close.  Duane Bickett is Lawrence Taylor lite, so the kick blocking is relevant as well.

Colt's offense is hard to stop from getting a 1st down or two, and Stark has a powerful leg. They are a field position machine in Tecmo.  

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

c436a5a6-a291-41de-8073-9ac9ea4303b7_zps

Shanahan leaving Broncos for rival Raiders HC position was kind of a big deal back then in Denver.  

I like the idea of talking about some off the field changes like coaches moving on, player trades, and free agent signings.

670df4ed-369e-490b-8896-73f39de80493_zps

Wilber Marshall was basically the 1st free agent signing in like 11 years.  Im not really sure how the hell contracts were handled before this move early in 1988, but it was a big deal.

Couldn't help myself to not add in the "black QB?" comment.  As a kid who started watching the NFL in 1985, and seeing Warren Moon as a crazy successful QB, and then Williams winning a SB 2 years later...I thought the media's infatuation with the topic was odd.  So F-you, mid 80's media.  Considering the WR run play sinks that offense, and yet they were always a good running team behind "the hogs"...i thought "hog wash" was fitting.   

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Dolphins done.

f91dc75e-b2ca-4484-8efb-fa76a95772c1_zps

Dan really makes this team(obviously), and Roby is huge with field position.  Not much else going on.  Duper and Clayton are slow, which always puzzled me, but I assume it's because the programmers didn't want Miami to be unstoppable.  

Colts are next.

d42e77cb-c470-4cf8-ba0b-9338ee826f50_zps

Tried to incorporate something about Jack Trudeau's weak passing ability with an injury question.  

Colt's also have the best playbook in Tecmo, as long as they have a dominant RB....and it's not even close.  Duane Bickett is Lawrence Taylor lite, so the kick blocking is relevant as well.

Colt's offense is hard to stop from getting a 1st down or two, and Stark has a powerful leg. They are a field position machine in Tecmo.  

This may be the GREATEST thing I'v ever seen!!!  I have to find a way to blow this picc up and print it, so I can frame it & hang it on the wall of my man cave!!!  You get much props for this one Brad. 

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I think I can make it like twice as big and possibly not lose any resolution, so it would look good when enlarged. I'LL PM you later tonight.

The one you quoted was my original. See the 1st post in the thread for the updated version, which I think is a little better.