Sign in to follow this  
TecmoSuperFan

Pro Football Hall of Fame injustices

on 1991 NES TSB: Okoye is 94 HP, Ottis Anderson is 88 HP.  the way I have Campbell set up is that he is basically Okoye in GOOD.  You need 50 HP to popcorn COM drones.  So, a 50 HP RB could popcorn all COM defenders 50 HP and below.

watch this clip below and tell me this SoB doesn't deserve 100 HP

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9y_KZwOq9g

I've seen that clip (who hasn't) and you have a point. 100 is perfect but I can see where you're coming from in reference to Okoye and Anderson and in relation to popcorning COM.

Need to open a thread where wcan Tecmo all the great RB (and other position seasons) like Jim Brown 1963, Dickerson 1984, Sanders 1997 etc. I'd be interested to see how they'd come out.

I can't believe Earnest Byner is not in there. Yeah I know, the fumble game for the Browns, but the guy was unstoppable when the Redskins won that Super Bowl in 1991.

Remember that song by U2, Stuck in a moment where you can't get out???  They made that song for Ernest Byner and Scott Norwood.....that's why they won't get in.....It's hard enough to get to that 'moment', but to fucc up when you get there???...that's what people will remember...It'll cost um'.

Although....if Grogan's worthy, surely that other stellar #14 - hi-res-358184_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=226 - is a 1st-Ballot injustice.

God Vinny was just terrible for many years. He's only had a couple good years. Granted, he played on some bad teams, but I really don't think the Hall will induct someone who only had a QB Rating of 90 or more ONCE in his career. (I'm not counting the 2 seasons where he only played a few games.)

here's what I (I know, I'm not as "long-winded" as thedeadfaulker) gave Earl for his electrifying 1980 season...for those that can't see white on bluegreen white....69 69 56 100 (hp) 56 25.

and there's nothing (stats, etc) that anybody can post that will change this rating of mine, it is perfect.

attachicon.gif80 hou earl.png

Yes.........................................................this is perfect.  He just had a great special on the NFL network (A Football Life)

Thorough!  I get excited by this stuff because I like to be throrough!

I gave Earl 63-56-69 for RP-MS-HP in TSB III, but the ratings operate pretty differently in that game.

Ok, maybe a little long-winded.

So, with no editorial, here are my top 5 unjust HoF omissions and top 5 unjust HoF inclusions:

SHOULD BE THERE BUT AREN'T:

1. Jim Marshall

2. John Hadl

3. Tim Brown

4. Mike Kenn

5. Ken Anderson

SHOULDN'T BE THERE BUT ARE:

1. Joe Namath

2. Ray Guy

3. Charlie Sanders

4. Lynn Swann

5. Jackie Smith

If Byner ain't in, either should Jackie Smith................same fu**!n' thang....................and NO, neither should ever get in.  IMO, biggg moments define GREAT players......both blew their chance accordingly.

In my TB 80 Super Bowls and More ROM (Original Tecmo Bowl)  I gave him a 96 HP. That means that anyone he is 32 HP points higher than he can popcorn.  Hint if you play him against the 81 Cincy (computer controlled) he can popcorn their whole team.  Fun to run out a whole quarter popcorning the whole team over and over. The only one who had better attributes besides the HP was 1984 Eric Dickerson, who I made the best running back attribute wise in the game.  Campbell is a step slower but can popcorn almost anyone in the game who is not an ALL PRO or PRO BOWL player (designated with a red and white star before their name). Check it out.

I love Earl...........................but..........................He's NO WHERE CLOSE to the top out of Eric Dickerson...infact, are your stats a joke???  Seriously.....a step slower.....how but 7 steps.

Looking by the stats of Randall Cunningham in comparison to Namath, Cunningham was the better QB. im disappointed he didnt make the semifinalist list this year

That's why Namath gets grief about being the the HOF....way too many people not in the hall look better stat-wise by comparison 

The fact that Floyd Little is wasting a spot in the Hall is stupid considering all the great players that are always stuck in a logjam waiting to get in.  6300 career yards @ 3.9 ypc.  Who the hell voted him in?  Terrell Davis should have gotten in before him if they were just short on Bronco RBs. 

The Anderson "brothers".  They are 1 and 2 all time in scoring points.  There is a definitive line between what was expected of a kicker before they came into the league and after.  Kicker is as legitimate of a position as any other in football.  It counts as one roster spot just like anything else and they are historically one of the best at a football position.  Let them in. 

I could argue that Jerome Bettis is nothing more than a career compiler and should be demoted to a Hall of Very Good. At no point in his career was he a top 3 or 4 rb in the league.  Never led the league in rushing and like Floyd Little, he retired averaging 3.9 ypc. Some people will like the 13,000 yards and say that longevity counts for something.  At that, I yawn. I'd put Jamal Lewis in the Hall before Bettis on the merits of his 2000 yard season and retiring with a more respectable 4.2 ypc.  He spent his whole career carrying garbage offenses on his back against 8 and 9 man fronts too. 

On 3/10/2016 at 6:15 AM, PockyCandy said:

1 yard on 5 attempts. Looks like your typical Trent Richardson stat-line (minus the 3 touchdowns, of course).

Many a Duce Staley owner knew what it meant to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

steve groan should definitely be in the hot hell they let joe nameth in who is literally the most overrated qb of all time also their is another patriots qb who should be in the hot and thats babe parelli.