Carthage, TX - 12/07/13 - Tecmo Christmas Bowl II

Jimmy1996

Ok I will make sure to tell Chad I play u first at that Tournament then! We are filling up for the 7th!! Looking Good!!

Damn, wish I could make it.....I need to tell Boud to come pick me up. Christmas around the corner didn't help my travel plans either. Was looking like Friday would be travel day and get hotel, WIN tourney on Saturday have tons of drinks after I WIN then spend another night in hotel, then drive home Sunday hung over as Christmas Bowl II Champion. So it would have cost me a little chunk of change to attend. :)

thanks for the response Jimmy.  Unfortunately just found out something has come up for Saturday so we can't make it.  My two teenage sons have been introduced to Tecmo recently which has been awesome because it's the only video game I can whoop their tails in so I was really thinking taking them to Carthage would be cool.  We are in the Dallas area so it would be about a 2 hour drive.  Will there be coverage of the tournament on this site?

Tecmo Christmas Bowl II

1120 W.Panola St Carthage, TX 75633 (home of the "Bernie" movie)

Date: 12/7/2013 9:30am

Console: SNES & NES

Game: TSB NES & TSBII SNES

;

We are having two Tecmo Tournaments at the same time. When u register by paying $20.00 u will automatically be signed up to play Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament on NES AND Tecmo Super Bowl II on SNES. Both tournaments will be double elimination with robin-round seeding for bracket play. Everyone registered will recieve a tournament shirt, drink, popcorn, and a chance at two trophies. Anyone interested will need to preregister via paypal. We will post that info soon. We did this last year and it was great! Any questions? Please post on this thread if u r intersted. BGboud can vouch for how classy and squared away our live tournaments are..

I've never been to this before. So since this takes place at a movie theater, are the games played on movie theater screens?

And everyone is talking about the second meeting of Pookie Pookums and BGBoud on TSB! Who will come out on top in this battle royale?! Pookums guarantees victory over Boud stating Boud is just a paper champion.. not a real Tecmo Champion! Strong Words in such a heated fight!

Paper champion because I beat YOU...

Regretfully I cant make it. Roads still have too much ice and last night I couldnt go faster than 20 in the neighborhood and from what I have heard it is as bad in east Dallas and would take me an hour and a half just to get to Terrell.

Not to mention girl will be pissed off at me if I were to attempt it.

Well the wintery mix and competition scared off several participants including BGBoud of Dallas! But out of the 19 signed up we had 12 make it on this snow and ice day. Ashman seperated himself from the pack early winning the entire NES tournament on an undefeated route! Pookie Pookums came forth and was not left wanting as he won the SNES version. All and all a very awesome day with Tecmo on the big screen! The Fuzz was voted the comeback player of the tournament! Merry Christmas to all!!!? Cya next year guys!

Hey you started the paper stuff with your fake pookie trash talk...

Yes I was terrified to wake up at 6am to drive over 30 mile stretch with overpasses covered in ice. Even today it took me almost 2h to get to work when schools are closed and traffic load was light compared to a normal day.

One more thing, quit calling during Saints games. Your Cowboy playoff hopes will be dashed tonight Chicago.