2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

hurricane55

Me and my bro have always been artistic and gamers. The game is more of a childhood fantasy that we get to make come true. We always found when we played games we would critique it and say things we thought would make it better. So when we found this site we looked at all the tecmo games and we always loved TSB3. It also has the highest ceiling of the 3 on the snes. When we started we kind of made a wishlist. And thats really been our outline. We started with the NCAA because early on we knew we didnt know enough about hacking to be able to get what we wanted out of TSB3. Over the years we started getting better and better at reading hex. I have a job that gives me plenty of free time while working. So as I watched over my work truck I searched and read all that is assembly. (It was easier then I thought it would be, but its mainly due to the understanding of hex I gained over the years). I really appreciate all the support we are receiving, but we have stated over and over that we dont have a timeline. We both work 60+ hours and we work it as much as we can. Cane55 is behind on plays and im still working cutscenes and player faces. It will be done at some point.

You gentlemen take as much time as you need. This will be a grand achievement when it is all said and done. Like Dave's G.H.'s  project. It's best to wait and put out a fully functional, near perfect product, than a rushed unpolished one. TECMO "It's not a job, it's an adventure." Looking forward to future updates!  :-D 

Ive been seriously having a creative block on plays. Thats the main hold up. I want pkays to feel different, and trying to scheme that in is a real pain. I could make 8 plays and run them out of 8 formations, but that would cheat you guys of what the game canreally do. I will try to get at least some form of plays out soon;)

I know you guys will laugh at me for saying this but I am 12 years old and just love tsb 3 I am very advanced with the game and take merit classes at school I'm very smart with a great tecmo knowledge you might laugh at me but this explains why I've getting on you guys kids beg and their not patient but I will try and be patient I've created nes tecmo basketball games but have not released them. I download games from this site even though I play nba 2k and fifa . Again you might laugh at me but i have a YouTube channel and I want to use this game tsb 4 on the channel so that is that and please let me stay on the site

I know you guys will laugh at me for saying this but I am 12 years old and just love tsb 3 I am very advanced with the game and take merit classes at school I'm very smart with a great tecmo knowledge you might laugh at me but this explains why I've getting on you guys kids beg and their not patient but I will try and be patient I've created nes tecmo basketball games but have not released them. I download games from this site even though I play nba 2k and fifa . Again you might laugh at me but i have a YouTube channel and I want to use this game tsb 4 on the channel so that is that and please let me stay on the site

Well keep it up.  If I had access to all this information when I was your age, I might have gone into gaming.  But gaming wasn't the big business as it is today.  I'd love to see what you've done with your games.  You should post them.  People may not like them but that's a great chance to learn.  At some point I will sit down and pass along all that I've learned about Hex and Assembly.  Who knows, this might be your doorway to becoming a game designer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Delay is mainly me. Having "writers block" on plays. Plus life getting in the way:(

start with the formations.  are those defined, yet?  got Pistol (or minigun, whatever) in there?

then make a straight-forward play, make a counter of that play, then make a couple of passes.  stick to meat and potatoes.  practical stuff.

The create player function will not work correctly.  We have plans for that, but that's further down the list of things to do.  The trade player will work the same as TSB3 as of right now.  With the holidays in full effect, we haven't had the time to really work on the game.  I love hacking this game, but we also have other jobs.  Once this game is completed, we know people will love it.  It will not be just a hack of TSB3, but an almost completely different feel. This is why we decided to call it TSB4.  We don't want people to think it's just a small hack of TSB3.   

Here's a list of some notable differences:

1.) Selectable Jerseys 3-Home/3-Away (50% Done - updating the cutscenes to match the on field jerseys) *Dal will wear white at home always and depending on the Home team will wear Dark on the road.

2.) Each teams stadium will have their midfield logos and colors (Done)

3.) Now both Home and Away will have players on the sidelines (Done)

4.) Depending on who's in the game, will determine the formations.   IE if you have 3 WRs, 1TE and a RB in the game the players will line up in a 3WR formation.  But put in another TE in the WR3 spot and that same play will line up in a 2 TE formation.  The 2nd TE might even run a different route.  So now you can keep your favorite plays, but use it with different packages. (Done)

5.) Every play is being coded to read players ratings to dictate their actions.  No more "All players" have the same random % to do alternate things. (50% Done - Coding Done, just working on the plays now)

6.) Special Teams Ratings have been added to players.  This will allow us to have D. Hester rated as a below average WR, but a beast at Returns. (Done)

7.) Player faces for all.  We haven't started coding this, but I do have one written.  I've figured out how the game assigns the faces, and I know how to make it so that everyone now can be assigned a face. (50% Done)

8.) New animations (10% Done.  I have all the info already, just need to go in and start animating it)

9.) There are some AI things that I will not go into just yet, but they have been added to help the Com play smarter. (and by smarter I mean if they are rated smart.  Dumber players will not have these advanced AI adjustments)

Edited by drunken_honkey

Out of all the projects out there on the web for retro gaming this one has got me the most excited out of any of them. Hell even more excited then new games that are out... I love the college games you guys have done and seeing what you guys are striving to make happen on this one I know we will all be blown away!! I've been following this thread for a while and finally decided to chime in and in following it for soo long I know the simple answer to when it is done and ready is WHEN ITS READY!! So without being too much of a pain in the ass,.... is a release in time for the Super Bowl realistic? It would be awesome but I know the pride you guys must take in this so please "serve no fries before their time". lol. Now back to a great day of college ball on TV and all the rest of you tecmo brothers enjoy your FOOTBALL WEEKEND!!  ...............................OUT!

Looking forward to this....um, that is all

Edit:

The create player function will not work correctly.  We have plans for that, but that's further down the list of things to do.  The trade player will work the same as TSB3 as of right now.  With the holidays in full effect, we haven't had the time to really work on the game.  I love hacking this game, but we also have other jobs.  Once this game is completed, we know people will love it.  It will not be just a hack of TSB3, but an almost completely different feel. This is why we decided to call it TSB4.  We don't want people to think it's just a small hack of TSB3.   

Here's a list of some notable differences:

1.) Selectable Jerseys 3-Home/3-Away (50% Done - updating the cutscenes to match the on field jerseys) *Dal will wear white at home always and depending on the Home team will wear Dark on the road.

2.) Each teams stadium will have their midfield logos and colors (Done)

3.) Now both Home and Away will have players on the sidelines (Done)

4.) Depending on who's in the game, will determine the formations.   IE if you have 3 WRs, 1TE and a RB in the game the players will line up in a 3WR formation.  But put in another TE in the WR3 spot and that same play will line up in a 2 TE formation.  The 2nd TE might even run a different route.  So now you can keep your favorite plays, but use it with different packages. (Done)

5.) Every play is being coded to read players ratings to dictate their actions.  No more "All players" have the same random % to do alternate things. (50% Done - Coding Done, just working on the plays now)

6.) Special Teams Ratings have been added to players.  This will allow us to have D. Hester rated as a below average WR, but a beast at Returns. (Done)

7.) Player faces for all.  We haven't started coding this, but I do have one written.  I've figured out how the game assigns the faces, and I know how to make it so that everyone now can be assigned a face. (50% Done)

8.) New animations (10% Done.  I have all the info already, just need to go in and start animating it)

9.) There are some AI things that I will not go into just yet, but they have been added to help the Com play smarter. (and by smarter I mean if they are rated smart.  Dumber players will not have these advanced AI adjustments)

4 looks especially cool!  Some questions about that:

Does something like this happen for defense as well?  (e.g. you put in 4 lb and 3 linemen and get a 3-4 formation?)  I haven't played TSB III for a while.  I think that you select your formation at play selection but I don't quite remember. 

Are there 'odd' formations?  (e.g. 3 rb, 2 te) 

5 is also intriguing.  Is this connected with 9?  Does this mean that some 'smart' linebackers will cover a TE if it is clear that it is a passing play, for example rather than just sit in the gaps?  Will some players be more 'fooled' by a playaction?  Will some QBs (and/or RBs)be better at 'selling it?' 

6:  Does this affect all special teams members or just returners? 

Very, very interested in 9.  Any more details you'd like to share? :D

EDIT 2:  This is probably way too late in the process to but it would be interesting to have an 'aggression' rating that predicted how likely a defensive player would be to cover a wr vs. 'go for the guy with the ball'.  An Linebacker, for example, in the above scenareo might cover a TE or try to sack the qb depending on his aggression level(this might or might not affect how gullible the player is (e.g. more aggressive players getting more sack opportunities and behind the line stops but be more fooled by play actions vs. more aggressive players just get more sack opportunities and less interception opportunities but are neither more nor less fooled by fakes--the second of these suggestions would be especially interesting).  Just throwing a hail mary!

Edited by grammarsalad

Looking forward to this....um, that is all

Edit:

4 looks especially cool! Some questions about that:

Does something like this happen for defense as well? (e.g. you put in 4 lb and 3 linemen and get a 3-4 formation?) I haven't played TSB III for a while. I think that you select your formation at play selection but I don't quite remember.

Are there 'odd' formations? (e.g. 3 rb, 2 te)

5 is also intriguing. Is this connected with 9? Does this mean that some 'smart' linebackers will cover a TE if it is clear that it is a passing play, for example rather than just sit in the gaps? Will some players be more 'fooled' by a playaction? Will some QBs (and/or RBs)be better at 'selling it?'

6: Does this affect all special teams members or just returners?

Very, very interested in 9. Any more details you'd like to share? :D

EDIT 2: This is probably way too late in the process to but it would be interesting to have an 'aggression' rating that predicted how likely a defensive player would be to cover a wr vs. 'go for the guy with the ball'. An Linebacker, for example, in the above scenareo might cover a TE or try to sack the qb depending on his aggression level(this might or might not affect how gullible the player is (e.g. more aggressive players getting more sack opportunities and behind the line stops but be more fooled by play actions vs. more aggressive players just get more sack opportunities and less interception opportunities but are neither more nor less fooled by fakes--the second of these suggestions would be especially interesting). Just throwing a hail mary!

Ill post some pics of the top players at each position and explain a lil further about how the ratings will effect the gameplay sometime this week.

We've added up to 5 additional ratings to players.

These ratings are:

1.) Off - Run AI / Def - Versus Run AI (except QBs, Punters, Kickers)

2.) Off - Pass AI / Def - Versus Pass AI (same as 1)

3.) Impact (All players get this)

4.) Special Teams AI (all but QBs)

5.) PR/KR AI (Only eligible returners will have this. (RB, WR, TE, CB and S only))

As for formations I believe its only the FB/WR3/TE2 slot that will alter the formation. This also means you cant put WR1 in the RB1 slot and get good results. There is a position check prior to coding that sees that you dont have a RB in the game and will treat that player as a low level player. This means no chance at a boost and you wont get control right away of the player on run plays. See with low rated RB youll rarely get control of them after handoffs/pitches. Youll have to wait until they get to a certain point before you can take control of them. Same goes for QBs. Bad QBs will force you to hold the ball longer than say Brady. With QBs like Brady youll get control as soon as you get the snap.

Special Teams AI will be the AI that determines how quickly guys will attack the returner, keep their lanes allow HUM players to control them as lead blockers etc. KR/PR AI will dictate how often the returner gets a boost, quickness (Lower rated guys will pause once they catch the ball, higher rated guys will automatically turn it up field). The pause once catch works with HUM controlled players. You wont be able to control the returner until the pause is over.

One thing im still missing is going to try and add an option to control whos on the return/cover teams. I havent really looked into it as of yet.

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...