hurricane55

2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

329 posts in this topic

Man, we need to setup a donation account.  This is a rewrite of a game, i know it's not much, but i'd happily chip in 50 bucks

On 6/4/2017 at 2:08 PM, crick78 said:

Man, we need to setup a donation account.  This is a rewrite of a game, i know it's not much, but i'd happily chip in 50 bucks

Agreed, def need a crowdfund/donation page up, it is well deserved guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By yellowno7
      Hi, anyone seen a good place with a comprehensive catalog of TSB ROM versions (different years, etc)?

Might have someone mod a NES Classic Mini and want to pimp it with a good selection of TSB versions.

---------------------------------
      I've seen:
      1) This url (TecmoBowl.org "ROMs by year") has a few options...
      2) ... and TecmoSB.com (clicky) has a link for "TSB Roms Collection <=== last update: 11/16/2014."  I haven't been able to open this one, but it appears to have so many ROMs, that some years have 5-10+ versions.  
      ---------------------------------

Figured by now, someone may have already edited a good catalog list somewhere.  nbd if not.
    • By buck
      This is a virgin 28-team NES TSB ROM with one big change - 

all DEFENSIVE PLAYS have been changed to the respective "BLITZ" for every play.  So, when you play it, no matter what, the defense comes at you like they picked your play.  In addition, the OFFENSIVE PLAYS were changed to use the actual play that it would run when the defense picks the offenses play, like Pass 1 Pro T Screen for instance.

I went in and copied/pasted the "blitz" play for every play, so that every pick is a successful play-pick.  At the bottom of this post is a screenshot of the defensive bytes that were changed to the common blitz byte for every play variation.  

In this picture, you can see that the RUNS use a Blitz Byte of 5B, 53, 57, 5F, 8F, or 99.    Pass play Blitz Bytes are 5F, BB, DA, and 22...that's right, there are ONLY 4 variations to a Pass-Play blitz! 
      Also, in this picture, The top-left starts with the 8 variations of Run Slot 1, Play 1.  It continues (left to right, top to bottom), 8 plays for each slot, 8 variations of each play, down to the very last Pass Slot 4, Play 8.
      Now, changing the defense is NOT ENOUGH - because the offense has 8 possible variations for any given play - so I had to go in and change all of the offensive plays to run the variation that it uses when the defense picks the offenses respective play (sorry, no picture for this).

This ROM is made for the sole purpose of practicing responses to getting your play called!  (Note - this is mostly useful for practicing getting your Pass Play called.  
      Work on those timed taps!

Tecmo Super Bowl AllBlitzes.nes

Have fun.  

• By TheRaja
      Hey all. Im working on my yearly TFO Rom and last season I started to give away the prize of placing text on the Tecmo Blimp that appears at halftime. So since I have my notes and couldn't find this on the boards I wanted to post it for others... and so I won't lose it next season when I do this all again

So I like to think of the Tecmo Blimp as having 2 Lines of 10 "Spots". These spots are filled in with 8x8 pixel images. There are 16 available characters to use in these spots (not counting spaces). You would need to go in and EDIT these with your own images/letters/characters to appear on the blimp and one could have MORE spots by doing some edits on their own but I stick with the 16 as I haven't had an issue with it.

I know there is more "real estate" on the blimp that could be used but since it shares a pallet with the background clouds I just stick with the two 10 character lines.

CHARACTER GRAPHIC SPOTS (17 total counting Space/Blank)
      03 = Space/Blank (DO NOT OVERWRITE)
      0B = Left Part of Helmet Icon
      0F = Right Part of Helmet Icon
      1D = E (blue)
      37 = C (blue)
      39 = T (blue)
      3D = M (blue)
      3E = O (blue)
      3F = S (pink)
      41 = U (pink)
      42 = P (pink)
      43 = E (pink)
      44 = R (pink)
      45 = B (pink)
      46 = O (pink)
      47 = W (pink)
      48 = L (pink)

SPOTS AVAILABLE ON THE BLIMP (2 Lines of 10)
      1ST: LINE: 0x1446c   0x1446d   0x1447b   0x1447c   0x1447d   0x1447e   0x1448c   0x1448d   0x1448e   0x1448f
      2ND LINE: 0x14470   0x14471   0x1447f   0x14480   0x14481   0x14482   0x14490   0x14491   0x14492   0x14493

PALLET LOCATION (3 colors)
      BLUE: 0x1a02d
      PINK:  0x1a02e
      WHITE:  0x1a02f (DO NOT CHANGE)
      [Recommended not to mess with the white as the rest of the blimp's white spots share the same pallet as the clouds in the background]

Attached is TFO 2016's Blimp Have fun!!!!

• By buck
      Ok, I have been up and down with SIM/SKP and have got SKP (teams that play season in the background) stats working almost perfect - the only problem is that the teams don't score enough touchdowns!

For example, I have RBs running for the right amount of carries and picking up the right amount of yards BUT, they are scoring TDs about 1/2 of what I would like them to.  Same as QBs.

*Question is:  Is there an (as of yet "undocumented") location in the ROM that essentially sets the SKP scoring ?  I want to DOUBLE the scoring, but keep the yards the same.

Note - I have tried many, many combinations of setting the values below to get what I want - and while in some scenarios I AM able to get the TDs and Points where I want them - but then the Yards are way off!!!

# Sim Points/Yardage Modifiers
      0x1703C-0x1703D # First Quarter/OT
      0x17F0D-0x17F0E # Second-Fourth Quarter
      # Sim Rushing/Punt Returning Modifiers
      0x180B3-0x180C3
      # Sim Passing/Receiving Modifiers
      0x180C3-0x180D3
      # Sim Defense Modifiers
      0x180D3-0x180E3
      # Sim Offense Modifiers
      0x180E3-0x180F3
      # Sim Kicking Modifiers
      0x180F3-0x18103
      # Sim Punting Modifiers
      0x18103-0x18113
      # Sim Pocket Modifiers
      0x18113-0x18117
      # Sim Kick Returning Modifiers
      0x18117-0x18127
    • By buck
      I was looking at the code that sits between the "team names/1st2nd3rd4th" and the "offensedefenseeastnorth, etc - the 0x1FC10 area...

I have never really known exactly what this chunk of code is, even though I have edited the heck out of team names, I have always just copied and pasted to make stuff work....

anyways, I just noticed that some code is different between the two roms, and I am wondering why.

on the CXROM 32-team rom, the code is:
      (at location 0x1FF90)
      D6D7B8D4D5D7D4D5D6DBDCDD

on the ORIGINAL 28-team rom, the code is:
      (at location 0x1FF4D, in this case)
      D6D7B8D4D5D7D8D9DADBDCDD

you can see where I bolded the code that is different.  can anyone explain?