2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

hurricane55

Can't wait for this Sunday the beta comes out

Soon!!!! DH hates timetables, but we are ironing out some explosive game play changes.AI is defined, just tweaking play routes and blocking AI for bugs mainly. Handscripting playbook is gruesome work.....hence the line in th trailer "don't kniw why I love you so much". Project Mayhem is dedicated to giving a true TSB 4 vision. So patience is necessary, but I am amped to get this to the site soon.

No time tables. Much work still needed. Creating brand new ai is hard. It took scientists 4 Johnnys before they got it right. Showin my age on that one.

Edited by drunken_honkey

A couple weeks. Ive halfway coded defensive AI that reads a qbs speed to determine if they mirror the qb or stay in their zone. We will choose which player (or players depending on formation) will have this code on any given defense. So when youre playing against vick you can call your defense normally and depending on formation a com player will automatically mirror vick. But if he gets hurt and barkley comes in that same defense will stop mirroring the qb. Small detail but I hope people will like it.

This is truly a revolutionary feat in Tecmo history, and especially for the development of TSB III.  

I am curious to see how your vision for IV plays out.  One all important question:  Does HP matter?

Thanks for the hard work fellars.  Can't wait to check this out!

cc

Ratings will matter in this game. Every thing we code reads players ratings. And I mean everything. Hell we even added ratings to guys. Those will be special codes that will impact the game drastically. Screens of the best at each position will be out soon explaining what each controls and how it effects them during gameplay.

Freakin' awesome.  Can't wait to see the list.

How about an homage to the orginial TSB and TSB III developers, and add in mysterious attributes that no one has any idea about what they do?  ;-)

Edited by CheapCatch

No editor yet. But we restructred the ratings and names to be universal. Every name is 16 bytes of space. 1 number 2 first initial 3-16 last name. And ratings as well. Each team has 256 bytes. Off and def have 7 bytes ea now, and k 6, p 5. Also use a 1-10 scale. So editor should be easy once released.

A quick philosiphical (?) statement. We are trying to add some complexity to the ai, but still maintain the tecmo bowl feel. That no matter the skill of the human player, Barry and Tecmo Bo are still lethal.

It will be hard, but that is the challenge my brother and I put upon ourselves. We also have had help in learning the ins and outs of hacking, as well as what the vets love about the tecmo games. A shout out goes to jstout, as he helped us get in the right direction on reading code. We will reveal our official third member of Project Mayhem when we release. He has been huge in helping us get extremely close to our goal. DH is becoming A TECMO 3 legend with his coding. I wish I could say the same for myself. I have contributed where I could. And the 2 outsiders who were told at some point early on that TSB 3 was a waste of time, it was too complex to fix, the base game had less love than its fore fathers, are about to revive what EA tried to destroy with Madden. Thanks to all of tecmobowl.org for allowing us this canvas. We hope we don't....no We will not dissapoint when the first playable beta hits.. .in the word of Sweet James (Pimp C), WHAT YA'LL KNOW 'BOUT DEM TEXAS BOYZ!!!

Edited by hurricane55