Tecmo 2014 beta

Knobbe

Thank you; this is awesome. Only thing I've noticed so far is that Julius Thomas was named starting TE for Broncos and Tamme is backup. Again, thanks for all your hard work.

Sorry, Dreesen is back up, Tamme 3rd string.

Yeah I think it's Thomas/Dreesen with Tamme the odd man out

Also, Cleveland's receivers seem to made quite a bit slow.

Travis Benjamin is listed as "Running Speed: 25" and "Maximum Speed: 19."  He's one of the fastest players in the NFL.  He ran a 4.36  40 yard dash at his Combine, a couple years ago.  Plus, here's a video of one of his run backs, a couple games ago...

LINK

Also, QB Brandon Weeden has one of the most powerful arms in the league, (used to be a minor league fastball pitcher,) and his "passing speed" is only a 31.  Since Jason Campbell's is a 38, Weeden's should be pushing at least 60.

Please, don't get me wrong, though...  Awesome game!

Real life speed doesn't translate well to Tecmo because we can't nerf you somewhere else.

We can bump up someone like Travis a bit but nothing like his real life speed which doesn't necessarily come into play on kick return duties on this game either.

Ultimately Norv Turner might prove us wrong but our overall perception of the Browns is Trent Richardson plus not much else.  

Weeden has poor ratings overall because relatively speaking, that is where he was last year and where he seems to be going.

The offensive line is one of the best in the game.

Fantastic job everyone on the new 2014 beta!  Here's what I noticed, starting a season with the Stillers:

---(Played with 7 min quarters, as I find that setting to be the most "realistc" stat-wise---total yardage, # of runs, etc., weather off, on FCE Ultra 0.98.12)

1.  Tennessee's unis looked a little "off" to me.  The colors were more like the new Miami colors than Tennessee's.  Messed with the color and video settings on FCE Ultra, but didn't make a diff.  

2.  Appreciate the accuracy of Pittsburgh's roster, offensively, as it appears you used the depth chart directly from the Steeler website, but that chart is either not up-to-date or misleading.  Spaeth is listed as #1 (but he's hurt), Johnson #2, Paulson #3 and Palmer #4.  Pretty sure Paulson is the current #1, with Palmer #2, at least, as you folks are using the TEs.  Johnson is already at FB, so he can't be #2 in Tecmo, and Miller is currently injured (for now).  Tough call on this, I know.  (Latest Madden '08 roster I played with had the same situation; I set up Paulson as the starter, with Johnson the second TE.)

3.  Gameplay was pretty good, although I thrashed the Titans 49-3.  I'm sure the AI will have something to say about that later in the season.   ;)  On offense,  gameplay felt very much like the original.  Either I'm better at it now, or I just got lucky in game 1!  D-wise, I did NOT see that crap "juice" play where the RB popcorns the defender, then flies past the rest of the D for 6, and then spends the rest of the game in Superback mode.  That used to piss me off more than anything playing this game!!!  I got burnt a few times in the passing game, but not enough to harm me obviously.

4.  Player rating-wise, a few tweaks, perhaps.  Cortez Allen is a slug in the beta (he has more speed than that!); Troy is prob. too fast (was all over the field!---don't think Father Time will allow him that in real life this year), and the only lineman worth a hoot was Hood (this may be right).  I actually dropped him back in coverage a few times.  On O, Johnson is a Super FB, and really shouldn't be (Bo Jackson?---umm, no), and perhaps Redman is a little too "good" (fast, tackle-breaking???).  

Please don't take any of my comments as criticisms; merely observations!  Do with them what you will.  Otherwise, love the new graphics, endzones and other great tweaks.  It's close, folks;  REALLY close to non-beta form!

1)  Not sure if we can do anything more with the Titans.  We'd take suggestions on them.

2). We'll look into the Steeler TE situation.  If Miller is going to back soon he's probably going to be the starter

3) This is meant to play like the original, so good!

4) We probably need to look at Bell over Redman as that is ultimately what will happen.

Just a couple examples of the reds being more magenta/pink than red...  

Here's what the Falcons     Shouldn't they be more                      Here's the Chiefs,            Should it be

look like, right now...           red, like this?                                     right now...                       more like this?

attachicon.giffalc guy01.png   attachicon.giffalc guy02.png                  attachicon.gifchiefs guy01.png   attachicon.gifchiefs guy02.png

And this is just an opinion, but I think too much emphasis is being put on preventing "color conflicts."  Most of the time, both teams should wear their fully colored uniforms, because who really wants to see their team in the "away whites?"  On the rare instances there is a major conflict, (i.e. Browns and Bengals,) just putting one team in a white jersey should suffice.   

A person playing it will still be able to tell the difference between the two teams on the screen, even if they have somewhat similar helmet and pants colors, because one team will have a white jersey and the other won't... just like in real life.  

Hope this helps.  

As noted above, the original palette sort of limits things and changing this can effect everything in the game.

If someone wants to put together a custom palette, please do. 

As I haven't mentioned yet that Dave mentioned, the alternate jerseys for all team are their "throwbacks" to 1991.

The Falcon's main jersey is red jersey with black helmet/pants.  The helmet/pants have to be the same color so white pants=white helmet, which the Falcons have never used.

Good enough. I played the Saints 3 times and had yet to see the red jerseys. Is it random? Seems logical that with the Saints wearing black jerseys it would put us in red and not they grey.

Edited by TEKMOWBOL

Good enough. I played the Saints 3 times and had yet to see the red jerseys. Is it random? Seems logical that with the Saints wearing black jerseys it would put us in red. 

It's assigned.

Right now here are the list of teams that get the alternate jersey

Was

GB

Hou

New Orleans

KC

49ers

The rest of the teams you should see Red tops.

Matt, I just wanted to personally thank you again and everyone else who worked on this.  Clearly, you are putting your life on hold to make sure this releases in a timely manner and that the finished rom is as close to perfect as possible.  It's your dedication that has kept this community alive and well throughout the years.  Bravo sir.  Hopefully we can get together again sometime at a nearby tourney.  Drinks on me my friend.

Matt, I just wanted to personally thank you again and everyone else who worked on this.  Clearly, you are putting your life on hold to make sure this releases in a timely manner and that the finished rom is as close to perfect as possible.  It's your dedication that has kept this community alive and well throughout the years.  Bravo sir.  Hopefully we can get together again sometime at a nearby tourney.  Drinks on me my friend.

Thanks though it's a heck of a lot more than me.  There wouldn't be a Tecmo2014 if it was just me.

Couple of other things I noticed; if I'm being too pick I apologize. Noticed 2007 season written on top of box before you pick season or preseason. Also, wasn't able to see halftime stats, maybe this wasn't available in original tsb for nes, not sure. Also, Pro Bowl rosters don't seem to match last years; not that anyone really cares. Anyway, again this games is awesome, appreciate all the hard work.

Couple of other things I noticed; if I'm being too pick I apologize. Noticed 2007 season written on top of box before you pick season or preseason. Also, wasn't able to see halftime stats, maybe this wasn't available in original tsb for nes, not sure. Also, Pro Bowl rosters don't seem to match last years; not that anyone really cares. Anyway, again this games is awesome, appreciate all the hard work.

Noted on the 2007.

There is a hack for having stats after each quarter that we need to apply.  This is not available originally.

ProBowl rosters aren't going to be exactly the same as last year.

Typically i arrange 4-3 teams like so

LE=LE

DT=NT

DT=RE

RE=ROLB

WLB=RILB

MLB=LILB

SLB=LOLB

That as always made the most sense to me.

First of all -

Thanks to everyone involved for their hard work. What an amazing time we live in! It's so cool that stuff like this exists, and it wouldn't exist without the hard work of a few.

I haven't looked too hard into the game but as a Seahawk fan I've played a game or two at this point with Seattle. I tend to agree with Bruddog. I don't know whether or not it applies to ALL teams, but if it were up to me I would switch out some player positions on def.

Here's how the Hawks are lined up:

RE: Clemons

NT: McDaniel

LE: Mebane

ROLB: Wright

RILB: Wagner

LILB: Smith

LOLB: Bryant

Here's how I would switch it up:

RE: McDaniel

NT: Mebane

LE: Bryant

ROLB: Clemons

RILB: Wright

LILB: Wagner

LOLB: Smith

I think this is pretty close to what Bruddog was suggesting, and closer to what the Hawks do at least.

Also - Any reason you went with Brandon Browner as DB1 and Sherman as DB2 ? I know it's not set in stone, but usually the better CB goes up top, right? No big deal, just curious.

Lastly, as far as stats go, I think the Hawks back up RB's could use a bump or two in some areas. I understand how important MS is, so you can't tinker too much but Christine Michael is pretty freaking fast, I don't know if a drop in other areas for a single uptick in speed would make sense but think on it.

But IMO it's Robert Turbin that could use a big boost in HP. Dude is a beast. See below:20120410-robert-turbin.jpg

I obviously could alter the playbook myself, but the Arizona Cardinals PB is the same as their 1991 PB, is that intentional?

Also, I plan to play the entire 2013 season on this game along side the actual season...what do/would you recommend as the default quarter time, 4 mins or 5 mins?

Thank you in advance.

Trevor

Kaepernick is spelled like that...in the game it's listed as Kaepernik (QB for 49ers), though I'm not sure if you did that on purpose because of space limitations.  I know guys with long last names generally just have a first initial...i.e. M. Merriweather LB on the original TSB for the Vikings.

I want to first premise this with I think the ratings are pretty much spot on.

It seems that everyone is rated very accurately and if anything conservatively.

A few things I noticed were:

1.) Dolphins RB Lamar Miller - Raise MS from 31 to 44.  Lower HP from 81 to 31.

He averaged nearly 5.0 yards per carry last year with only a handful of attempts.

Looks real quick and shifty this year so far.

But, he's certainly not 81hp.  He's a little guy.  One of the faster backs in the NFL.

Predicted to have a good season, only time will tell.

2.) Bears WR Brandon Marshall - We all know he has a beast mode.  He's a big physical WR.

Only 13HP.  I would imagine at least 31 IMO.

3.) RGIII has 38MS (815YDS 7TDS) and Colin Kaepernik has 50MS (415YDS 5TDS).  Shouldn't RGIII have a faster MS than Kaepernik?

I could see them being rated similarly.  But, I wouldn't expect Kaep to be that much higher than RGIII.

I'm sure you guys talked about this at length.  Just wondering what the discussion looked like.

As noted above, the original palette sort of limits things and changing this can effect everything in the game.

If someone wants to put together a custom palette, please do. 

After seeing the palette you guys are handcuffed with, I understand, now.  Thanks for the response.  

Can't stop playing the game!  Woot!

I want to first premise this with I think the ratings are pretty much spot on.

It seems that everyone is rated very accurately and if anything conservatively.

A few things I noticed were:

1.) Dolphins RB Lamar Miller - Raise MS from 31 to 44.  Lower HP from 81 to 31.

He averaged nearly 5.0 yards per carry last year with only a handful of attempts.

Looks real quick and shifty this year so far.

But, he's certainly not 81hp.  He's a little guy.  One of the faster backs in the NFL.

Predicted to have a good season, only time will tell.

2.) Bears WR Brandon Marshall - We all know he has a beast mode.  He's a big physical WR.

Only 13HP.  I would imagine at least 31 IMO.

3.) RGIII has 38MS (815YDS 7TDS) and Colin Kaepernik has 50MS (415YDS 5TDS).  Shouldn't RGIII have a faster MS than Kaepernik?

I could see them being rated similarly.  But, I wouldn't expect Kaep to be that much higher than RGIII.

I'm sure you guys talked about this at length.  Just wondering what the discussion looked like.

1st of all, anything over 38 is freaking FAST for a QB.  

2nd, kaepernick got all his yards in 1/2 of a season and kaepernick took the 49ers to the superbowl (and set a playoff rushing record for a QB) on his legs, rg3 didn't and ended up with a broken knee.  or did you not see any of that last season?

1st of all, anything over 38 is freaking FAST for a QB.  

2nd, kaepernick got all his yards in 1/2 of a season and kaepernick took the 49ers to the superbowl (and set a playoff rushing record for a QB) on his legs, rg3 didn't and ended up with a broken knee.  or did you not see any of that last season?

That's why I said I'm sure you guys talked about this at length and was wondering how you came up with the numbers that you did.  Kaep did have a great season rushing.  I know it was in the second half of the season.  But taking that into account, RGIII still out gained him in yards per rush.  (6.8 vs 6.6).  IN the game where Kaep broke the rushing record for a QB, the Packers were gassed and couldn't stop the read option.  It had less to do with his ability and more to do with the fact that they were not prepared and he got them beat bad.  All I'm saying is that I was expecting them both to be at 50.  I'm not complaining.  Just curious why Kaep is so much faster.  RGIII's blowing out his knee shouldn't effect his ratings since he also took it easy for a while on a bad knee.  I  have no problem with the rating as the way it is, but I was expecting RGIII to be rated more like QB Eagles and instead he's more like QB Browns.

That's why I said I'm sure you guys talked about this at length and was wondering how you came up with the numbers that you did.  Kaep did have a great season rushing.  I know it was in the second half of the season.  But taking that into account, RGIII still out gained him in yards per rush.  (6.8 vs 6.6).  IN the game where Kaep broke the rushing record for a QB, the Packers were gassed and couldn't stop the read option.  It had less to do with his ability and more to do with the fact that they were not prepared and he got them beat bad.  All I'm saying is that I was expecting them both to be at 50.  I'm not complaining.  Just curious why Kaep is so much faster.  RGIII's blowing out his knee shouldn't effect his ratings since he also took it easy for a while on a bad knee.  I  have no problem with the rating as the way it is, but I was expecting RGIII to be rated more like QB Eagles and instead he's more like QB Browns.

did you notic that: rg3 is Vinnie with a extra notch of MS and QB Eagles arm; and kaep is QB Eagles minus a notch of MS and Vinnie's arm (with a PA bump)?  

ha!

Edited by buck

did you notic that: rg3 is Vinnie with a extra notch of MS and QB Eagles arm; and kaep is QB Eagles minus a notch of MS and Vinnie's arm (with a PC bump)?  

ha!

LOL.  I guess that makes sense.  BTW, this is so much fun.  I love this freaking game.  This years rom has been fantastic so far.

Where are the chalkboard play selection screens and yellow goal post, or the little refs holding the first down markers?  I hope they dont get left out of the final release.

Did you guys add the open receiver hack so the cpu QBs arent retarded and throwing to the one covered guy?

Lets not get caught up with jeresy colors or rosters because anybody and change those...i just dont want to lose good graphic changes form past versions.