GUIDE: Live Streaming 2.0

Neerrm

I'm currently using a $10 knock-off easycap off of amazon. Took some driver fu but works just fine now. Probably the best route to go starting out.

Whatever you do, don't get a Dazzle.

This. Can you post the driver you found? I've been searching for a bit since lunch with no real luck.

Uhhh...it's been a while, but I -think- this is the right one. 

Are you running Windows 7 with this?

What do you think of the performance? Seems like it would work without needing much processing power.

Windows 8 at the moment. It's not the best capture card out there, but it's cheap and for what anyone here needs it to do it'll work just fine.

Cool. I can swing $9 to try it out. There is a 50% chance it gets here before Madison

Windows 8 at the moment. It's not the best capture card out there, but it's cheap and for what anyone here needs it to do it'll work just fine.

Cool. I can swing $9 to try it out. There is a 50% chance it gets here before Madison

Neerm, I have my top loader getting rgb modded right now. Does this stick capture clearly? Does it have much overhead usb bandwidth or cpu-wise? If I can use this, I can pare my setup wayyyyyyy down.

Neerm, I have my top loader getting rgb modded right now. Does this stick capture clearly? Does it have much overhead usb bandwidth or cpu-wise? If I can use this, I can pare my setup wayyyyyyy down.

This won't do RGB. You'll need a different capture card and more equipment for that.

• 1 year later...

Just messed with this to minimize CPU impact.. FOR LOCAL RECORDINGS ONLY since there isn't really a lot of detail in a tecmo game a good encoder should have a field day with it. 

For an 18 min game this results in about a 75MB file. 

Settings:

Encoding

Uncheck CBR

Quality balance 3

Max bitrate 1000

MP3 96,mono

Video

Resolution downscale (640x512).... I mean this a tecmo game there isn't a lot of detail.

Filter Blinear (fastest)

FPS 60 (If there is one area not to skimp this would be it. The game does run at 60FPS so undersampling makes it look kinda choppy)

Advanced

Process priority class : Above normal

x264 Preset: ultrafast

• 2 years later...

I'm updating the OBS link from soundforge to it's current website. If for some reason the old stuff was linked, let me know and I'll revert.

Actually this guide is pretty outdated. If someone is interested in updating hit me up.

A fresh "Streaming in 2018-20xx" might be just the ticket.  The game has changed some.  With services like restream, OBS Studio now being the preferred free application, the use of mixers, composite splitters, RGB and HDMI solutions, overlay artists, etc, this could be a good resource for those wanting to start fresh, or up their game.

• Knobbe featured this topic