Omaha, NE - 9/1/13 Ben’s Game Zone – Inaugural Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2013

post-6987-0-16960800-1376280620_thumb.jp

Date: Sunday 9/1/13

Time: Noon

7930 Harrison Street

Omaha, NE

Register by filling out contact information at www.bensgamezone.com/home or visit the Facebook page.

(Limited to first 32 Players to register. Immediate Questions? Call 402-505-7644)

As the largest city between Chicago and Denver, why doesn’t Omaha have a TSB tourney? The time has come, friends, to gorge ourselves in an endless pool of 8-bit DELIGHT in our (maybe not your, and that’s cool) hometown!

Cost: $20.00

What you get for playing – Top 3 finishers receive cash prizes:

1st - $150 Ben’s Game Zone gift card or $100 cash

2nd- $75 Ben’s Game Zone gift card or $50 cash

3rd- $40 Ben’s Game Zone gift card or $20 cash

In-store drawings for seven $5 gift cards, two NBA or NFL jerseys and two hats. (People who are just “hanging out” supporting a friend in the store during tourney are also eligible to win.)

Rules (Thanks Tecmo Madison!)

Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.

“One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.

Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.

No WR/TE in a running play: The Jerry Rice-Drew Hill rule. The rule doesn't apply to WR reverses

Ties: Although ties are permitted in the tournament’s “group play” portion, such are not permitted in the single-elimination portion of the tournament. If a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game
will begin, and the first player to score in the new game is the winner.

Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. You cannot simply go around your blocker and dive. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.

Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.

Edited by MarkCarrier20

I believe I'm signed up, Luke told me he signed me up anyway. (Travis R.) Sorry, but I don't facebook.  

I'm glad someone finally decided to have one in Omaha.  Let's make some Iowans finally drive over here for once.  :)

Looking forward to it!

PS- What's the alcohol policy? Asking for a friend...

LOL Mr. Moulds, tell your "friend" he can bring some beers, no prob. Unless your friend is former Bills QB Rob Johnson.

I could never understand why we didn't have any TSB related functions in Omaha either because there seems to be a good number of interested dudes. But, venue is always an issue. So when Ben opened the store we were like, "Duuude- TSB Tourney."

We'd like to do them every couple of months if we can get enough interested people.

LOL Mr. Moulds, tell your "friend" he can bring some beers, no prob. Unless your friend is former Bills QB Rob Johnson.

I could never understand why we didn't have any TSB related functions in Omaha either because there seems to be a good number of interested dudes. But, venue is always an issue. So when Ben opened the store we were like, "Duuude- TSB Tourney."

We'd like to do them every couple of months if we can get enough interested people.

Sounds good man, should be a good time!

And there's only 1 QB of the Bills in my book and that is of course QB Bills.

Edited by moulds33

Sounds good man, should be a good time!

And there's only 1 QB of the Bills in my book and that is of course QB Bills.

It will be a great time, lots of chill TSB heads. I don't think there will be a guy like at the Lincoln tourny  who kept picking the Raids, getting stomped and swearing lol.

QB Bills is always welcome!

ok sounds good sign up me and my brother..  double would be cool but understand if just single, does everyone from pool play make tourney?

is there a list of participants I can see?

do you guys need help with systems? I can bring one if need be.  oh can we bring beer into your store while playing?

thanks.

Edited by hawkeye98

Mr. Hawkeye

Yes, everyone makes tourney.

I don't have the list but we are at 21 people right now, not including you and your bro.

Follow this link and enter your info and you will be registered:

http://bensgamezone.com/

Thank you for offering to bring a system, but Ben has 30+ in the store right now.

Yep, beer is cool. TSB without beer is like TSB without BO!

Update On Beer: We can't have beer in the store during the tournament as we are technically in sarpy county and do not have a liquor license. But, there is a bar literally next door, in the next bay over.

Thank You

what about chugging warm Hamm in the car in the parking lot?

BUCK!! how the hell are ya? What you do in your car is your own business!

I'm doing just fine, Paul.  I am getting the feeling I need to come to this tournament; only a 5 hour drive. What are you guys doing Saturday night?  How many spots left?

I'm doing just fine, Paul.  I am getting the feeling I need to come to this tournament; only a 5 hour drive. What are you guys doing Saturday night?  How many spots left?

It would be great to see you! I think 3 right now. If you need a place to stay you can crash at my place. No plans for that Saturday night yet, there is always something. Hope to see you!

It would be great to see you! I think 3 right now. If you need a place to stay you can crash at my place. No plans for that Saturday night yet, there is always something. Hope to see you!

ok - I went to bensgamezone "contact" page and put in my name, #, email, and a comment that I want to be signed up for the Tournament.  Is that right?

Sorry guys, I'm out.  I really wanted to make this happen but summer is rough for me

I have a wedding I'm getting back from that morning and an in-person fantasy football draft around 5 in wahoo.

If I can swing dropping by for an hour or so, I will do that.

Sorry guys, I'm out.  I really wanted to make this happen but summer is rough for me

I have a wedding I'm getting back from that morning and an in-person fantasy football draft around 5 in wahoo.

If I can swing dropping by for an hour or so, I will do that.

Cool Matt, I understand.

We've got 1 spot left fellas.