Catch the New York Tecmo Tournament Live stream

Currently we are at 38 participants, which is larger than last year's field, barring any last minute no-shows.  I can confidently say that we can accommodate at least 48 people based on promised equipment.  As for who is attending, there is a list of participants on northeasttecmo.com: http://www.northeasttecmo.com/new-york-city/participants/

Last year we had the top 24 advance out of a field of 36.  It was single elimination until we got into the round of 8, then it became double elim.  Generally, I like the idea of double elim because it allows you to redeem yourself from a lousy game (fumbles, BS catches, etc.).  Last year was great, but I do feel like it went a bit long (of course, the quadruple OT game factored in).  One thing I like about this year is that everyone advances.  Normally I've never liked it, but it's set up in such a way that the players who perform better in group play will have anywhere from 1-3 BYEs.  This is the first time this is being tried in a tournament, as far as I know.

I am not sure about the other tournaments, but from what I gather, Madison was very different due to the large number of participants.  The first round was groups of 8 in a double elimination bracket, and I believe it was then a huge pool of single elim until the top 8, when it became double elim again.  Midwest was similar to our current format, but only the top 8 or so receiving BYEs (which is how the NYC tournament was last year).  Other tournaments have experimented with a variety of formats.

For those who haven't heard yet-

The NYC Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament is shaping up to have the BEST cocktail experience of any TSB tournament in the country. Check out these specialty drinks available SATURDAY:
-"Tecmo Bo Black & Silver" (Vodka & Chambord)
-"Nigerian Nightmare" (Cranberry juice, vodka, rum)
-"L.T. Iced Tea" (Rum, gin, vodka, tequila, triple sec, lemon juice)
-"Wayne Haddix Creamsicle" (OJ, triple sec, half & half, vanilla vodka)...
-"Marino Libre" (Rum, Coke, lime juice)
-"Jerry Rice Bomb" (Sake & beer)
-"Moon Quake & Shake" (Dark rum, coffee flavored brandy, lemon juice)

We need to come up with a name/prize if anyone dares drink every single one. Suggestions?

maybe a dumb question here....I know its a stream but can we watch that as well, like does it record and post it besides just stream it per say. So on sunday or next week we could watch it too?

It should have been.  I think the games on Northeasttecmo stream are saved and will be available one way or another.  I didn't check my settings and everything was lost.  I had it defaulted to save but that was the last time  i had logged in in july. It must have reseted back by default.  Still In the future I will double record on my cpu and make sure these broadcasts get up to you tube as well as a twitch page.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Tecmo fun this past Saturday.  It was great to see everyone indulging in all things Tecmo. The top finishers were:

1. Matt DeGeorge
2. Shawn Suchy
3. Erik Merliss
4. Kevin Smith

There were a lot of great matchups throughout the day and we definitely had some thrilling contests in the elimination bracket.  Some highlights include:

-Matt and Shawn dueling each other in twin hockey jerseys for the Championship. Matt became the first person to finish the NY tournament without a loss.  Congrats!
-Two tense semi-finals games that were decided in the final minutes of the game.  One had a last minute pass that went through the hands of a jumping receiver and the other had 3 lead changes and a long last-second completion for the go-ahead score.
-Erik finishing in the top 3 for three straight years.  Kudos Erik!
-Last year's finalists Mort and Brian bowing out in the round of 16.
-Derek T making the Elite 8 after winning three straight over his fellow NY players.
-Raffle winners Kevin H, Kevin S, Mike M, Greg L, and Greg H, with Greg H winning the TSB 2014 cart
-Mike M being the third Patriots fan in two years to win a Giants/Jets t-shirt raffle

-Plenty of elimination game OT thrillers (Sean/Mario; Marshall/Ryan; Derek/Scott; Derek/Brian)

Special thanks to Matt Bird for doing all the great work he does with just about everything he touches and all the group captains who helped this tournament run smoothly.

We have all the results on our website and will be getting some more information up on the site over the next few weeks including pictures and video, so be sure to check it out: www.northeasttecmo.com

The next big Northeast tournament will be Cuban Tecmo VI in Southington, CT on December 7th.  Check out the tournament thread here: http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56635-southington-ct-12713-cuban-tecmo-bowl-vi/

Thanks to everybody for coming out.  Semper Tecmo!

Per usual: Thanks Brian for running a great tournament. It takes a lot of effort, dedication and planning. This was my second year attending and I plan to try making it every year from now on. I was a last minute decision going this year. I am glad I went.

I also want to say thank you to Mort and Matt B. Some of my friends were watching at home, they said you guys did a great job with the twitch feeds and it ran very smooth. Takes a lot of work and putting together the point differentials as well on the computer.

Special thanks for the support I received from friends and everyone at the tournament. Great group of guys that I enjoy talking to and hanging out with. Class acts. Seriously.

Two shout outs is to my one opponent Dave. He played with a lot of excitement and was a tough player. He deserves a lot of credit, I was down 14-0 versus him at one point, but was able to squeak out a win.

Other shout out is to Stalltalk aka my friend Shawn. We have known each other since High School, so it was definitely a memorable moment playing versus him in the final. (The car ride was okay going home, we didn't kill one another) He played a great game.

Other than that, the trophy for the NYC tourney is pretty awesome! I have played a variety of sports in my life and this one is by far the coolest looking. I still have my Ray Childress card from the group play last year I have next to it.

Thanks to all who attended. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Thanks guys!  That really means a lot that you enjoyed it, both live at the tournament and on streaming.  A lot of work goes into these things that goes unseen.

We hope to have some video from the tournament up in the future.  And that Eagles/Raiders clash was likely footage of my not-so-graceful exit from the tournament.  :cool:

In the meantime, I posted some photos taken at the tournament here, courtesy of Tony Le Photography: http://www.northeasttecmo.com/new-york-city/photos/

untitled-75-28.jpg

I was quickly looking over the matchups people chose yesterday on the site.  One thing I noticed was that in group play, the Vikings went 2-8 overall.  Redskins vs. Vikings was called 5 times and the Redskins beat them 4 out of the 5 times.

Also, Minnesota was chosen 5 times in the bracket and lost all 5 games, making them 2-13 on the day.  For whatever reason, picking the Vikings almost guaranteed a loss.

I was quickly looking over the matchups people chose yesterday on the site.  One thing I noticed was that in group play, the Vikings went 2-8 overall.  Redskins vs. Vikings was called 5 times and the Redskins beat them 4 out of the 5 times.

Also, Minnesota was chosen 5 times in the bracket and lost all 5 games, making them 2-13 on the day.  For whatever reason, picking the Vikings almost guaranteed a loss.

Yeah the game "Kevin S" played before he played me. he fought off a plucky minnseota efforft...with everything going against in the garbage department his redkinss prevailed by 5 or 6pts.  he took a saftey to start then...wilson was completing cc's and jj's to hassan jones over mayehm and green several times. the guy didnt put anothy carter in his lineup. Minn also scored on a "fumble-rooskie" td earlier the game" . then hail mary jj was off (a. carter wasnt in the game). then l had to play the winner of that game (kevin).

After i won my group going 4-0...a couple games were close. I won every single coin toss..and refused to defer the matchup (just a pet peve...if win the coin toss u should pick the teams and not defer). So facing kevin i knew tecmo gods may even things out since he got screwed left and right in his prior game. I called cowboys/cards..he took boys after a long pause. In all of my games i won coin toss to pick the matchup but lost the coin toss to kick or recive...just amazing luck. I got ball 1st...4th 1 from my 20 and get my nose picked and miss the checkdown. he gets the ball and scores (down 0-7)....next possesion johnny fumbles on my 20 he gets the ball back and scores another td (down 0-14). I get the ball back get to midfield with 50 secs...and johnyy houses a run as time expires. 7-14 at half...he gets ball at half and kevin gets a fg after long emmitt give. 7-17...i chip away get the ball down to boys 8 and on 3rd down tom tupa throws a pass to wide open wr in corner of the endzone but pass goes off the screen. i settle 4 the fg...down 10-17...ensuing possesion get in 3rd and long from his own 1. this time i "pick his nose" and get a "pick pick". I quickly score a td to johnny to tie the game with 2mins left. 17-17. but kevin would go on a nice drive and gets down to zona ten and kick the game winning fg. no lb1 miracles 4 me this time...it was a good played game kevin. as he avenged his last years loss at my hands lol (perhaps i should called bills/giants) ...ty for the shots afterwards brotha (as i bought him a couple after our games last year). Once again i fell asleep on the ride back to the hotel (happens to me every tourney...ty god mort found his way back to the hotel)

ty to matt b. and brian for running a great tournanment.

Edited by red98sethuthut

Had a great time guys!  I was Paul S. and was with the crew from NC.  Good times meeting the great personalities (Mort, Pete, Danny, etc).  I probably played with a fire a bit too much (IE I picked a Tier One Team in all but one of my games) but it was interesting to see how my style differed from everyone else's.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a late follow-up, but things are now fully into the system on northeasttecmo.com.  Under "NETSBA Standings" are the current standings (at the moment reflecting only this event).  Names are clicakble to show player profiles, including individual game results and links to videos for featured matchups. 

Email me at [email protected] or simply go to "Contact NETSBA" through the site if you would like your profile page updated with additional accomplishments or titles, or if you see any errors. 

Thanks again, everyone, for a great event.  I'll look forward to seeing you all in Connecticut for Cuban Tecmo VI!