Catch the New York Tecmo Tournament Live stream

But that Matchups do not reset after pool play? You can only pick a matchup once all tourney? That's how I read it, just asking my usual question now lol.

From the website, which I intentionally put in beforehand because I knew you would ask the question:

Note about Matchups: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout each stage of the tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Rams-Broncos, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of that round of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in future games.  All matchups reset once bracket play starts.

Since you ask this before every tournament, I declare that this rule will forever be known as "the Teta Rule"

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

You know Anthony and I are in. We have 3 games, two consoles and controllers. I have a perfect tv too if needed.

We got a room already, perfect best man gift from my buddy for the tourney lol.

Tadaos - hope to Battle you again! I'm working on my tapping lol

Oh boy, some OH players might be coming, sounds sweet! Share some beers and have cross country tecmo battles.

sure thing i'm looking forward to the rematch!

Of course, we love it when we get a lot of local NYC people competing in the NYCTSBT, and we already have a number of area residents scheduled to play.  But we know some guys are debating whether to come in from out of town, and we really want to encourage people to make that trip - we're putting together a great event, and it will be worth it.

NYC is not always the easiest city to travel to, so I'm putting together some resources on the NETSBA site to help make your trip easier and more enjoyable.  The first thing I did was to research and write a bit about area hotels - I live right in the area of the tourney, so I used some first-hand knowledge of the neighborhood to put together a brief list of convenient, comfortable, and affordable places to stay.  You can check that out here:

http://www.northeasttecmo.com/new-york-city/hotels-2/

In the next week or two, I'll be putting together information on how to get around, where to eat, and what (non-Tecmo) things you can do in the area.  Astoria, Queens is my personal favorite neighborhood in NYC, so I hope you'll come join us for the tournament and perhaps a fun NYC weekend in a great neighborhood that doesn't often make it into the Lonely Planet guide.

Also, please let me know, either through here or through the contact page on northeasttecmo.com, if there is any other information, advice, or prodding you need to make your trip to this year's event easier.

Edited by deadfaulkner

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! It seems to be pretty well received!  If that doesn't get you excited for Tecmo, I don't what will!  Thanks to Matt B who put tons of work into it.  :cool:

Right now we have 20+ confirmed participants and quite a few people who are still trying to make plans to come that weekend.  If you have questions, please PM me or get at me at [email protected]

One question I received about buy-in for the event: You can still sign up and pay for entry to the tourney the day of the event.  However, if you sign up via paypal before Oct. 1, it is 20% off of your entry.  Last year, there were quite a few people who were unconfirmed until pretty late.  That's completely fine if you have to work something out to attend, but this year we are trying to avoid that as much as possible so we can plan accordingly.

Entrance to the tournament includes a chance at an assortment of raffle prizes.

The first prize is a DVD of the 30 for 30 documentary "You Don't Know Bo" about the career of Bo Jackson.  Of course, Tecmo Super Bowl is in the documentary:

TM0873-c.jpg

The second prize is an original 1991 Nintendo Power magazine that contains an overview of TSB:

super_castlevania_np_cover.PNG

The biggest prize of the day (besides winning a trophy) will be a copy of Tecmo Super Bowl 2014:

tsb14_zpsa346c492.jpg

There will also be a mystery box, which will include approximately $40 worth of 1991 football and Tecmo-centric merchandise.

MysteryBox.jpg

Also (not pictured), we will be raffling off a poster of the Tecmo Super Bowl field from NESmaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, I have you on the real finals list.  ;-)

After seeing you guys play in the Philly tournament, there seem to be more players who have more than an outside shot to win the NYC tournament.  Out of players I know that are signed up, I tried ranking them but that was way too hard.

I have been working on how to divide up the groups for the first round.  The groups are subject to change the day of the tourney, but I try to spread out the previously more successful players as much as I can.  I am looking forward to the new format and how that might impact how players perform.  One good thing about this year is that everyone advances, so even if you get stuck in a stacked group, you have the chance to battle back.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling there might be a dark horse out there this year who rises into the top 3.

Any predictions? I have a feeling the final might be red98sethuthut vs powerade. Not that I'm jinxing you guys or anything... :cool:

what in the name of "ickey woods" is going on here? Its shame joeygats, tsbgod and discdolo won't show up. Although "d.o.l.o" came a few years ago. Edited by red98sethuthut