Waterloo, IA - 12/14/13 - Tomczak Bowl VI

Beef Juice

I hate to say this, but I have to regretfully drop out of the tournament. I had a work event come up that I just cannot miss. I've been working diligently with the client to push the date back or forward, but they are just being completely inflexible. 

Jake, I already emailed you, but I thought I would let everyone else know too.

I am so bummed out right now.

So where have people booked hotels?  Just curious as I've received questions about where to go.

I posted a map with hotel suggestions a while ago.  Here's the link again.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8F59_pnPNlockFHaUJXejNYRUk/edit?usp=sharing

So where have people booked hotels?  Just curious as I've received questions about where to go.

I posted a map with hotel suggestions a while ago.  Here's the link again.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8F59_pnPNlockFHaUJXejNYRUk/edit?usp=sharing

Motel 6 on Logan Avenue is where TecmoPsycho, BigMV54, Ryan11p and myself will be staying. It was great for our budget and only a 15 minute cab ride if we need it. Unfortunately we will not be getting into Waterloo until roughly midnight or so late Friday. But we will probably stay up and play a good amount of Tecmo when we get it at the hotel (or possibly meet up with some late nighters) to scrimmy and drink considering the tournament doesn't start until noon or so.

Just reserved at the motel 6 on logan. Were leaving buffalo early fri morn. Hopefully we'll be there by friday afternoon. Were both up for some pre-game tecmo action . Also were bringing one tv and nes sytem for the tourney between me and mort.

Edited by red98sethuthut

i'll be bringing screen capture equipment if you want to use it to broadcast live.  I have my own internet connection so it won't interfere with anything you already plan on.  it should be an ease to set up.  now that i used the conn tourney to get all the kinks out of the set up process. 

Just reserved at the motel 6 on logan. Were leaving buffalo early fri morn. Hopefully we'll be there by friday afternoon. Were both up for some pre-game tecmo action . Also were bringing one tv and nes sytem for the tourney between me and mort.

Hey Louis. Me, Matty, Ruble and Ryan Stewart are there as well. Won't be getting in until late Friday/early Saturday. But regardless, we will have to get together, considering the tourney doesn't start until noon or so. We will have well more than enough time to sleep before the tourney.

Edited by vogtcd11

http://lb.511ia.org/ialb/winterdriving/routeselect.jsf?view=state&text=m&textOnly=false

Here's the link to Iowa winter road conditions.  It doesn't look like anything bad is forecast for Friday and Saturday but this is a nice tool to see just how shitty the roads might be.

I really wish I could make this, but it's just a busy time of the year - especially with 2 sides of the family (one out-of-state) to visit for Xmas. I'd love to face off against Hawkeye and Peters in person for a change.

I hope it's a huge success! Good luck guys.

Spun out on the freeway but recovered, kept going then saw a jackknifed trailer and two other cars in the ditch.  At that point i don't think the tecmo gods would of let be fumble out of bounds again with the black ice on the freeway.  now back at home.  

Sorry wont be able to make it today.  :cry: