Waterloo, IA - 12/14/13 - Tomczak Bowl VI

Beef Juice

Amazing game! Duper and Clayton went into bad, but Jim Freaking Jensen goes into excellent and saves the day for the dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

going back to check jim jensons condition a second time was a classic moment

that was probably the best single moment of any tecmo tourney I've been too.  I'm still laughing just thinking about it.

I've read this a few times now... how Josh went back in to check Jensen's condition a second time.  Did he run through conditions quickly, and obviously saw him in excellent, then went back into game, then back into conditions, and check him again?  I imagine this is what happened, but no one really quite explained it.  feel like further explanation is necessary.  

he checked conditions on his drive to take the lead before it started in the 4th quarter and knew jensen was in excellent.  Later it was either 3rd or 4th down when he got a cc with three guys in coverage to jensen.  That was when he went to the conditions screen, went to jensen pulled up the excellent part and did his roar of triumph or whatever you want to call it he does.  he wasn't checking it again.  he was celebrating the cc and it was a fucking awesome moment you could only get away with playing a bro or a longtime friend.

I've read this a few times now... how Josh went back in to check Jensen's condition a second time.  Did he run through conditions quickly, and obviously saw him in excellent, then went back into game, then back into conditions, and check him again?  I imagine this is what happened, but no one really quite explained it.  feel like further explanation is necessary.  

It was an intimidation-based condition check. Josh knew Jensen was in excellent. Dan knew Jensen was in excellent. And they both knew that I knew Jensen was in excellent. It worked. The Chiefs defense shit itself with fear. 

It was an intimidation-based condition check. Josh knew Jensen was in excellent. Dan knew Jensen was in excellent. And they both knew that I knew Jensen was in excellent. It worked. The Chiefs defense shit itself with fear. 

i got nightmares of that matchup from last year in conn tourney and it was the same thing.  Marino just throwing anything he wants in coverage no matter how many guys go in coverage.

Edited by mort1237

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0xffl1mQbnPGEVkn-X5XQ 

uploading the games I recorded via VCR.

md2020vision vs teambuttcakes in the battle for best nickname at the iowa tourney

a good game between Jake (beefjuice) and steven m. (meestmode) in one of many giants bills matchups.

then james t. living up to his nickname as the skunker versus josh f. (Midwest sling)

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, Green Majik said:

Are there any vids of the championship game available (I've only found the final four Mort vs Beach on youtube)? Sounds like a match for the ages, and I'd love to see that last play unfold. 

Honestly I don't know. Mort was recording a few matches on one TV. I believe Midwest Tecmo was recording too. Check with Chris Vogt.

EDIT: Checking the screencap Dave Murray posted on this thread it appears that Midwest Tecmo did live stream the match but I don't know if there's a recording anywhere.

Edited by Beef Juice

17 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

Honestly I don't know. Mort was recording a few matches on one TV. I believe Midwest Tecmo was recording too. Check with Chris Vogt.

EDIT: Checking the screencap Dave Murray posted on this thread it appears that Midwest Tecmo did live stream the match but I don't know if there's a recording anywhere.

Thanks -- I'll poke around a bit more and report back if I find anything.