Conditions Writer Beta Release

bruddog

I had a chance to run through this....very cool.

First, you either need to have a league like the WTF where generating conditions is part of the league or you need to manually generate your own set of conditions....this is the 2015_allcond.zip file included above.

The program isn't going to write conditions for all the teams on the rom....it's going to write the conditions for whichever teams are going to play and knows to do so because of the coin toss.

The flow of the ConditionWriter (CW) is thus

• You choose the rom you're going to use for your game

• In Brutopia you then navigate to the Bills player page and save a state

• This is the state that you load up in the CW

• You then load up your conditions.csv

• If you're playing multiplayer, when you start your game the conditions will be magically loaded at the coin toss (don't skip the coin toss)

Potential Gotchas

• Won't work if the state is compressed

• Don't close the black DOS box...this needs to stay open until you're done with your game

The program comes with the Bruddog condition checker and as verified the conditions were indeed present during the first quarter.

2U2pQ.png

Not sure what condition an injured player ends up in.  This doesn't write injuries so having a guy injured for half the season isn't possible

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so the gist of this, is that by being very anal with keeping track, you could accurately reflext conditions from week to week in a multiplayer online league? (possibly including injuries carrying over from week to week)

crazy wicked

ok, so the gist of this, is that by being very anal with keeping track, you could accurately reflext conditions from week to week in a multiplayer online league? (possibly including injuries carrying over from week to week)

crazy wicked

correct

crazy wicked

This won't account for injuries as it loads after Tecmo determines if a player is coming back.

My question is...why not?

In a season you can either handle this by random determining whether or not a player is coming back and then writing him to the rom with poor attributes.  I'm not sure what would happen if you wrote an injured starter to a game.

Otherwise you could just let him come back in bad condition.

the only potential benefit i see from writing the injury into the rom vs dropping his atts to all 6's is if the ROM itself detects the injury and reduces the chance for a 2nd player of that position getting injured.  i.e. if rb1 is injured rb2 has 15% less chance of injury.  but from what i understand the ROM does not do this, so your chance of having 3 injured RBs after 3 games is just as likely on the console as it is in any online league that tracks injuries.  QBs may be a different matter.

The one thing the game does DO is that if  one of your QB's is injured it's not possible for the other one to get injured. Whereas if the injured players attributes are just 6's the starter can get injured. 

I could easily have it write the injuries in too but phile would be the thing that determines if they are coming back for the game.

• 8 months later...

I downloaded and when I tried to run the setup i get:

Severe Error

This trial installation has expired

What am I doing wrong?

nothing.  the compiler used for the beta version of this distributed a "trial" version of the program.  however this program is essentially obsolete since bruddog has since created a hack to apply directly to the rom that loads conditions/injuries/starters/pb into the game when it starts.

here's the link to the hack: http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56044-hack-to-load-in-starters-playbook-conditions-at-game-start/

• DFM unpinned this topic