Centralia, WA - 6/30/13 - The 2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship (PNWTC-2)

manYo

... and I clearly articulated why it does matter quite a bit in a way that no one has really disputed.  In the case of a DET/CIN match up, I believe I would probably take 9 out of 10 against Manyo if I got CIN and that he would probably taken 8 out of 10 against me when he had CIN.  Should that much really be left to chance?  Should his odds of beating me really be nearly tripled because he rolled a higher number than me?  Of course not.  The SF/IND example is ridiculous... but isn't this as well?

As I stated, I felt I played better in this tournament than I have in the previous two I've won.  I also had much more adversity to overcome having only gotten first pick of the two teams just once in eleven games... and that adversity proved too much for me to overcome.  But after I won the first two tournaments, I totally get the idea of switching up the format to leave more to chance so that someone else would have a better chance of winning.  

All I'm asking for in future tournaments is a fair fight.  I understand that we were are playing by the same rules, but I also would have gotten much less satisfaction out of winning this tournament had the dice rolls all gone my way.  Winning a game of chess is far more rewarding than winning a game of Candy Land.

In regards to the outcome of matches between you and Manyo, and / or the match-up of Cin / Det. I don't think Manyo would mind me saying that, in the words of The Dude,

"Well, that's just like your opinion, man".

You and I got that match-up and you handled me pretty well, but I personally think that's because I played poorly, (and you playing well, of course) not the match up of the two teams. If I had executed a better strategy, or more accurately - stuck with the what I think is the proper strategy, I could have won.

But after I won the first two tournaments, I totally get the idea of switching up the format to leave more to chance so that someone else would have a better chance of winning.

And let me get this straight...you think the format was switched so that it was more likely that you wouldn't repeat? That's laughable, and insulting to every other player there - both the players that you are clearly better than, and those that you are not. Who, out of either group would want to win anything that was intentionally skewed to somehow favor them? You're even more self obsessed than I thought.

later.

Oh yeah, before I convieniently forget.........Ted, you did leave with Johnny Johnson's head on a stick, and the ONLY person to hold him to under 100 yards rushing in a game in MY tournament history.........That WON'T happen again.  Just like me and Kamp have a Dallas vs Phoenix rivalry...we now have a Phoenix vs Pittsburg one!!! 

(p.s.  On the format subject, even though I got to use the Cards twice, I still do like the freedom of being able to use the team I'm the best with whenever I want.........I think I woulda' snagged a couple more wins if that were the case.  No looks forward to playin' Tailback King when he's the Cardinals, and thats a FACT)

(p.s. p.s    Ted, you said the next one's gonna be in April???  Why wait so long for such a fun event???) 

Oh yeah, before I convieniently forget.........Ted, you did leave with Johnny Johnson's head on a stick, and the ONLY person to hold him to under 100 yards rushing in a game in MY tournament history.........That WON'T happen again.  Just like me and Kamp have a Dallas vs Phoenix rivalry...we now have a Phoenix vs Pittsburg one!!! 

(p.s.  On the format subject, even though I got to use the Cards twice, I still do like the freedom of being able to use the team I'm the best with whenever I want.........I think I woulda' snagged a couple more wins if that were the case.  No looks forward to playin' Tailback King when he's the Cardinals, and thats a FACT)

(p.s. p.s    Ted, you said the next one's gonna be in April???  Why wait so long for such a fun event???) 

I'm ready to shut Johnny down every day of the week. Better get that fool some deer antler spray, or something. Maybe you can look up some neat thumb strengthening exercises on youtube to help him out? He needs all the help he can get.

April is when Pac-Rim II will be held. As far as I know, that's the next tourney on the sched. but there's plenty of time for another in between maybe The Tailback King can rile up some of his royal subjects down in Rip City for something in the mean time?

Randy: Dolphins vs. Lions...... you've got to be kidding me.  Let me articulate this: I beat your loaded Marino HSTL team 4/6 times with Robert Massey as my sole defender....... ROBERT MASSEY!  And you think I can't fare as well with Wee Willie White and Cofer?  Delusional.  Miami's defensive edge is pretty similar to the edge of Peete+Sanders+Gray+(dare I say it...) ROBERT CLARK!

Here's another truth: Madison uses the system you desire, and they should.  That is the world championship of Tecmo, and if you want to win, you need to know your game inside and out.  For now, though, our community here is not at that level yet......... primary evidence being that you are one of our better tecmo players!  Maybe in a few years.

I'm ready to shut Johnny down every day of the week. Better get that fool some deer antler spray, or something. Maybe you can look up some neat thumb strengthening exercises on youtube to help him out? He needs all the help he can get.

April is when Pac-Rim II will be held. As far as I know, that's the next tourney on the sched. but there's plenty of time for another in between maybe The Tailback King can rile up some of his royal subjects down in Rip City for something in the mean time?

Ted.......that game was a lucky one and you had Johnsons' number, plus you're probably the fastest tapper I ever played against.......I can only out tap you about half the time, as opposed to my usual 100% vs other opponents..........Maybe me Chalky & the Professor could muster up somthin in Portland before April, but if we did, could you and Manyo provide the same TV's and hook em up if I got a spot to play???  I'm not a technition by any stretch of the imagination........... 

Hey Manyo............................You know I'v never played you yet.  That also NEEDS to happen!  (I get PHX)

Yeah brother, you know I got a Steel Curtain I'd like to see Johny try to run thru..... but he aint gonna do it!!!!!!!!

Ted, haven't played you yet either..... wtf, such loose ends must be resolved at the next tourney, so that I can make my loose claim to 3rd best in PNW!!!! :(

Yeah brother, you know I got a Steel Curtain I'd like to see Johny try to run thru..... but he aint gonna do it!!!!!!!!

Ted, haven't played you yet either..... wtf, such loose ends must be resolved at the next tourney, so that I can make my loose claim to 3rd best in PNW!!!! :(

You mean reclaim, right?

Proud / ashamed to say I've finished in 3rd in the past two tourney's :( You'll have to pry the bronze from my cold, arthritic hand...(get it...arthritis from tapping...*cricket).

Ted.......that game was a lucky one and you had Johnsons' number, plus you're probably the fastest tapper I ever played against.......I can only out tap you about half the time, as opposed to my usual 100% vs other opponents

Damn! 50% ?!?!?

That must have been the craziest computer game ever! You mean I held Johnny under 20 yards (!) and did so by only out tapping you half the time?

Naw, man. You're crazy. You're almost as crazy as Randy, over here. ;-)

In reality, I'm in another tapping universe!

Many, cold lonely nights as a acne riddled teenage boy were spent...training those tapping muscles. I can't be beat!

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Regular Season (R1): Tailback King (PHX) vs. Randalous (NYJ)

Okay, I'm going to edit and release these vids one per day......... so feel free to watch and leave some feedback for each one.  The first one, unfortunately, only started recording late in the 1st quarter, matching up Tailback King's Cardinals vs. Randy's Jets........... this was Round Robin action (Round 1)..... watch and enjoy:

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2518892

Edited by manYo

I really dont understand why CIN is so superior to DET when you can direct all runs at fulcher and stick a guy down there to prevent fulcher auto popcorn.

If they are superior I feel its marginal overall. The difference you are suggesting randy is vast.

Watch my game vs Randy, Brudogg......................It shouldn't be hard to find, it's 1st!!!  BTW, that comment you made doesn't affect me a bit........This name stay's with me, because I am the absolute best running player to ever touch a controller with a directional pad and two buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You can bet on that.

What does PHX vs NYJ have to do with CIN vs DET.

NOTHING.  I'm refering to a comment you made during the Tournament suggesting I should be stripped of my name because of one bad rushing game vs Pittsburg...................(even the best are allowed one)....................................BTW, I just watched our FRUSTERATING 0~7 game Ted.........do you realize you used the WHOLE FUKKIN' quarter on most of your drives!!!  and I'v never seen such help than what Pittsburgs' defensive drones gave you.............................I'm not makin' excuses, but that WON'T happen again!!!!!!!!!!  (I'm going on vacation now, and will talk ta you guys on Monday.......The Tailback King is leaving the building.....Peace) 

According to the  67 CIN DET matchups in the first 30000 TPC games in the TPC database the average CIN DET result was 

CIN  17

DET 21 

DET WIN % 64

I removed the games with suber scrubs or guys with not many games leaving 43 games. This made the average score

CIN  17.5

DET 22.5

Win % 67

But the average player for CIN had a 0.05 pt differential. Whereas the average player for DET had a 2.2 differential. Adding that to the above we get an expected score between two average players

CIN 19.7

DET 22.5

Trying to restrict the sample further to only player matchups where their average margin differential was 3 or less didn't change anything.  The one thing I did not factor in was the home away bias if you think there is one. Maybe that would reduce the difference further. 

Granted this is small sample size theatre but I would BET  the average margin would be not be 10 pts even between two skilled players only.