Centralia, WA - 6/30/13 - The 2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship (PNWTC-2)

manYo

Sad to say, but a BAD matchup call... Bengals overall talent = too much to deal with.

I don't like the Bengals much with Fulcher in a vulnerable position and James Francis the only other option, tho he is in a good spot. Their speed at the Recieving positions are what frustrate me the most, so I generally go against them if I can. I just didn't contain Brooks early on (like at least try to or pick a running play) and he scored easy. I got a tough 4th down conversion but then fumbled it, and then fumbled it again and Randy just cleaned my clock. GG

My recap of the day. The Kamp perspective.

All of my games, save for my loss to Randy in the "regular season" portion I included a screenshot and short recap thru my twitter here https://twitter.com/Kamphuna8

I had a late night creating the HSTL Preseason rom to turn Season 25 over, up til like 4am. Then I realized that Centralia is an hour away, not 30 min like Olympia. Tried to get some zzzzs but woke up semi refreshed at 8:30 and it took me til about 9:30 to leave the house, when the tourney is pupposed to start at 10.

No worries, things are running late on this unseasonably warm late June day. We here in the PNW are in the midst of a 5 day stretch of 85 - 90 degree weather, something we rarely see before the 4th of July ever. In prep for this tourney I did... nothing. My console and controllers were all still in my backpack from last tourney in April and I guess playing some TTL was the most practice I had (def learned that I want Pit vs my favorite team).

Walk in to OBlarney's (Loved that it was air conditioned PERFECT!), say my hellos and buy TailBackKing a Mack and Jack African Amber like I promised.  Bought myself one too. Chatted with TBKing and his cuz Money V, and Manyo and Randy and Ted and Stu mostly. The other participants were the Professor, a very cool cat from Seattle via Portland, and a couple of other guys locals I think, and I'm not sure they won any games in the tourney.

Regular season or round robin begins and I am loving the choice to already have started drinking and that the reg season doesn't kill your chances and the dice rolls determine matchups.

Game 1 vs the Professor. Dice rolls KC vs Miami. I think I won the toss and picked the Chiefs. Marino had an abysmal day and despite Sammie Smith running for big gains, the Isotoner Turnovers proved too costly as Okoye led the Chiefs to a 28-7 victory.

Other game that was going on was TBKing vs Randy right next to me, Johnny Johnson busted free for some big gains, but PHX settled for a couple of fgs and Lonnie Young dropped an INT that helped the Jets secure the 1 point 14-13 win for Randy.

Game 2

Matched up with Sir Ted, and the dice roll was 6 2, the Tampa Bay  vs Rams matchup. Ted went with the Rams and I got TB and player 1. Haddix posed a problem throughout and Everett had a pretty bad day, 20% for 11 yards and 1 pick. Vinny 88% 215yds to Mark Carrier 3-128yds proved pretty lethal, and Gary Anderson tacked on 74 to boot. Bucs win 24-7.

The other game that was going on next to me was Stu (boogiewith) vs TBKing, in a Seattle New England matchup that was juicy to say the least. Game ended 7-0 i think Stu won with Seattle scoring on a run after a long drive in the 2nd half. Yah it was 0-0 at halftime  I remember that much, and probably talking a little smack at them too for the punchlessness ;-)

Also going on was a grudgematch battle royale for 2 bucks and pride in a Randy vs Manyo Mia vs Detroit game that Ted accidentally turned off thinking it was our game, but the result was already determined. 28-7 Randy's phins.

Game 3

Game vs Randy in a Detroit vs Cincy matchup. I won toss and chose the Lions, which in retrospect I think was a mistake. I also didn't play very well, letting Randy score without needing to pick one pass play, which was really dumb on my part. I lost fumbles on my first couple of possessions and then undertapped a quick route to WR2 on Pass 3 Pro Set and threw it right to fulcher. Fulcher also snatched a deep attempt I made to try and strike back. I got dominated and had some bad luck to boot. Good thing it didn't really count against me much, as I was still able to secure a bye and the 2 seed somehow. 

Other big matchup was Sir Ted vs Stu. ANOTHER TB vs Rams matchup from the 6-2 roll. This one was epic. I came across it with the score 10-7 and Ted as the Rams with the ball. I thought Ted was down, but he actually was winning. So when he went for it on 4th down the 1st time or two, I was like, I'd probably kick the  FG to tie, but with a 3 point lead late, I'd probably do the same.

Anyway, that dramatic stretch had Ted go for it several times in the redzone on 4th and goal and Stu stopped him like 3 times with Haddix all over the place. Unfortunately, Stu fumbled 3 times in a row and kept giving the ball right back and Ted finally punched it in for the 17-7 win. This was probably the most entertaining game I can remember watching yesterday.

Game 4

Game vs Manyo and the old 6-2 comes up, Tampa Bay vs Rams again. Manyo picked the Rams and I got Tampa and Controller 1, feeling pretty good about the matchup after Haddix did so well in my first try vs Ted. Unfortunately, Everett had a much better day, but even worse was the Rams running attack. Buford McGee got some big runs and Manyo steadily moved the chains througout. I think an early TO was evened up by me running out of time at the half, and I got the ball to start half 2 all tied. Either way, it came down to one drive. I was up 21-14 and Manyo was killing me with the runs as time was running out. He picked pass 1 RnS at the goal line, and I had picked run 2 Proset dive I'm sure, and I came in to cover the quick passes with Haddix and I think Manyo threw on impulse on the quick hitter to RB 2. Haddix swooped in for the game saving INT.

Other big games in the 4th round included Randy replicating his 31-14 victory over me with a same score same teams victory over Ted. Stu and the Professor also had a battle, with Stu pulling out the 17-14 victory and also at 3-1 in the "round robin" part.

I ended up with a 3-1 record and the 2 seed overall, with a bye and a nice buzz from 4 Mack n Jack's (I barely been drinking anything lately). I don't know how I won the tiebreaker over Stu, it could have been past seeding, or could have been that I beat the one guy he lost to and the only guy I lost to didn't lose a game. Either way for the 2nd straight tourney, I go into the Tourney Rounds with a 2 seed behind Randy.

Randy and I got a bye (kind of) while the double elim action commenced. the 7 thru 10 seeds played essentially play in games. Professor won to face Randy and Money V won to face me. The other 1st round games were absolute battles. Sir Ted battled with TB King and Manyo and Stu had to face each other. Ted and TB King had a PHX vs Pit battle. I think PIT is highly underrated here and they bullied their way to the W, 7-0. Ted wins as Pitt. The other game was also PHX PIT and it was Manyo STU, Manyo pulling out the late score to win 7-3 as the Steelers.

In my game vs Money V, the pick was Denver Washington. Money V chose and he wanted Denver. I rolled with the Skins and player 1 and Money V had some bad Elway play plague his chances. 3 picks later and a big day from Stan Humphries led to a 31-7 win.

The other game at that time was the shocker of the tournament. I don't know much of what happened except that at one point, tied 7-7 Randy went for it and failed on 4th and goal I think, and then got a safety to go up 9-7, but then lost a fumble returned for a TD and the final was 14-9, DA PROFESSOR! Randy had to win out to retain his title.

My next matchup was vs Manyo. We roll a Cowboys Steelers matchup. Manyo said, you want to take your Boys? I was like, not so fast.

True to my word here I took the Steelers after insisting on the dice roll, and winning the roll. The Steelers D was the MVP. First play Manyo tried a quick pass that Rod Woodson insisted on intercepting. Aikman had a miserable day that I was only all too familiar with when trying to play vs the Steelers. I don't remember how I got my first score, but the D came through in the endzone once or twice and then late in the game after punting it, a picked play resulted in one of those tecmo abnormalities wehre Carnell Lake or Thomas Everatt came flying over and picked off the outlet out of bounds. He not only didn't catch it out of bounds, he stayed inbounds and HOUSED IT! Steel Curtain FTW. 14-3 I only managed 85 yards of offense or so, but aikman looked like acheman and threw 4 picks on the day and Emmitt was held to 30 yards rushing.

In the other Semi Semifinal, Sir Ted eked one out vs the Professor 10-3. I don't recall what happened here at all.

But I did have to play Ted and the winner was guaranteed top 2 spot. I didn't realize this fact til after, I was in a nice state of Mac n Jacks imbibulation. The matchup is Buffalo Philly. Ted won the choice and picked Philly. He stoned Thurman a couple times, Jerome Brown was effective in holding Thurman in check. I had to rally to tie it late as Sir Ted had the advantage for most of the contest. I got a key stop to allow me to tie it then with him driving and time running out, he is faced with a decision. He's at my 40. It's I think 4th down, but more importantly it's only 8 seconds left in regulation. Ted goes for the win with FG attempt and its hit low and missed. I have one shot. QB Bills is in excellent. Thurman is in good. I put Thurman at WR 2 with Andre Reed at WR1. I'm pretty sure I went pass 2 pro set and the play was not picked. I heaved it in true classic tecmo style and the Prayer was answered. 94pc to 69ms 56REC FTW! This would have made me sick to my stomach if it had happened to me, but Ted was a class act as always. It was for sure a tough loss, and a big win for me, and even more so when I realized that I would be waiting to see who I would play for the TITLE!

Well, the rest of it played out like this. Randy mowed through and eliminated Nick. Money V rolled his opponent.

Randy  played TBKIng again, this time it was Randy (WAS) vs TBKING (MIN). I don't remember much about this game other than it was tight for most of the way, but I remember talking a lot saying how Hershel Walker was taking off his jersey and showing that IT REALLY WAS JOHNNY JOHNSON!!! Well, late in the game like 3rd qtr, down 14-10, TBKING tries for the FG instead of taking the lead. He hits it but Randy is able to score. 21-13. After getting the ball into FG range, he quick kicks the FG and tries for the onsides, but it wasn't to be. Randy won 21-16.

Stu ended up handling Money V pretty easily, 35-14.

Next wave, Manyo vs Randy in a Cincy vs Detroit battle. This was a tough game and all I recall is Manyo lamenting the Robert Clark CC in quad coverage. The game ended 14-7 for Randy and his Lions, eliminating Manyo and behooving Manyo to force throws into coverage vs me later that night just to witness another Robert Clark CC!

Other game at this step was stu vs the Professor. I think this was Chicago KC. Stu had Chicago, and pulled out a tight one 10-6.

The way it stands now for the final 4. Stu and Randy play. Then the winner plays Ted. Then that winner plays me and has to beat me twice.

Stu and Randy were a NYJ vs Dallas game. Stu got the Cowboys and I was kinda drunk, but what I know is Stu had a 12-0 lead at the half apparently on 4 FGs and Randy must have turned the ball over on downs a couple times. Well right after the half, the game froze and Randy took advantage of the change in momentum. He took the kickoff and long drived into a score. Stu was held and Randy did a long drive again. Basically clock control and multiple 4th down conversions worked for Randy to take back this game and the game stoppage seemed to affect Stu's flow.

Now it's Randy vs Ted for the right to play me in the finals. Randy had the Packers and Ted had the Saints. Randy kept his distance and won 17-7 while Ted rushed Ironhead for a nice chunk of popcorning deliciousness, but the Saints had no passing yards.

Finally I get to play Randy again and the matchup is ATL GB. I win the dice roll and take the Falcons with Rison and Deion and a better run game, seems a no brainer. First play of the game, I had Hugh Millen's 38PS in and I go pass and get one on one coverage with Rison covered by man LB Tim Harris. JJ TD 7-0. I then got a stop where Randy eschews the punt and gets sacked by a drone, and I get points out of it 10-0 right off the bat. Randy fights back. My offense seemed to go in the tank, as he picked my Rison plays, but both Chris Miller and Don Majkowski go into good, and Majik man i think hit into excellent later on.

Down 10-0, Randy got the score in the 2nd quarter on a 3rd and goal picked play, where Majkowski still ran it in on the blitz. Nice play.

I ran out of time getting sacked darn near for a safety. 2nd half I immediately get a 4th and 9 on Randy with a couple of nice drone support plays. He passed it to RB1 but was tackled before getting the 1st, my ball at his 25 or so. Randy got a nice stop right back, as I foolishly ran backwards hoping to get some space, then got outtapped on the draw iso, and two tries to Rison were unsuccessful, the last a picked play. Randy got it to midfield pretty quickly but then stalled, took a long time to deliberate, then kicked a FG to tie it from about 60.

I got a 3rd down burner to Rison to get into striking distance. then I outgrappled Bob Lurch Nelson and found a road to paydirt for the go ahead score, 17-10.

Randy drove it down methodically. In watching the replay, yeah he went to the player change screen a lot, but it cost him as on 3rd down, he threw it up top to what he thought was Sharpe but it was woodside as he had just moved Sharpe down to WR2. 4th down was picked and the prayer to Sharpe was blocked away.

Great fun overall. Thank goodness for A/C!.

Fun tournament... especially glad to get eleven games in... but the format was frustrating.  I got to choose my team first a grand total of once in eleven games and never had control over the dice rolls.  

I lost a NO/ATL game against BoogieWithStu by one score after I lost two fumbles and had a called Pass 1 INT returned for a 90 YD TD after his possessed DL popcorned my man-controlled QB.  I felt I played the game just about as perfectly as I could, but part of that included taking more risks than I normally would want to with some in-bounds hits.  It's either risk fumbles or risk 4th downs with NO offense against Deion.  I played the hand that I was dealt well, but it wasn't in the cards for me in this one.

In the last game against Kamp, we roll GB/ATL and he gets to pick.  Deion can shut down GB's 44ms run game and Majik's 38ps n00dle without much difficulty.  Rison can score at will against Harris and Nelson.  Awesome.  First play of the game was a 85 YD bomb to Rison.  Cool.  The rest of the way the game was fairly even and I had tough chances to even the score to be sure, but it sucks playing from behind to start the game because of an uneven matchup.  Other than a few times I allowed drone sacks early on in the downs for a pair of two yard losses, I am very comfortable with the way I played the game.

So basically, Deion vs the crummy offenses I had to run with killed me in the tourney.

At the very least, the weakness of the tournament format was exposed in both of my games against Manyo, whose ears were deaf concerning changing the format.  In my first game against him, we rolled MIA/DET and I got to pick MIA.  As would be expected with the matchup, Marino decimated a weak secondary and Williams/Oliver/Offerdahl/Cross were enough to contain Barry.  28-7 and I giGGle to win the game and a $2 side pot.  In the next game, we roll CIN/DET and Manyo gets to pick and of course chooses CIN.  I'm angry and sullen about it right from the beginning and the Tecmo Gods are too as they help me overcome an incredibly unfair matchup.  

No question that Kamp was the rightful winner of the tournament and played well enough to win, but the change in format made it somewhat less likely that the cream would have a chance to rise to the top.  Given the format, I'll gladly settle with second and do not plan to attend again if the format remains the same.  

Randy,

First of all -  I want to make it clear that I'm speaking for myself here.

I want to start off by saying that I think you are an excellent Tecmo player. You and Kamp are easily the 2 best I've ever played. Also, in person I've found you to be a genuine, nice guy, really. And I really appreciate the way you explained a lot of the ins and outs of the Tecmo odds to me.

That being said - I'm really fucking bothered by this sour grapes post (passive aggressive as it is). IMO - You gotta check that "If I don't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home" - bullshit. You lost, man. It happens, deal with it.

I know you gave Kamp some half hearted props there but you can do better than that. But it's not just that. Why do you have to throw in the little digs at the format regarding your match-ups with Manyo - in game you WON. I'm not sure how the format didn't allow for "the creme to rise to the top" - you made it to the finals. You lost to a good player. Everything seemed right in the world to me.

As far as I could tell, every player there seemed to get a kick out of the format. You know Manyo worked hard to put that thing on, right? Show a little respect and appreciation, man.

The truth is I'll bet that both Kamp and Manyo would both shrug their shoulders to this type of post and / or behavior - so I'm probably making more of a bigger deal about it than it needs to be but  PUBLIC poor sportsmanship, and lack of gratitude really bother me, coming from any and all players but I really don't think it has a place with THE BEST players.

I think everyone would agree that we want you at every tournament possible. Obviously, because you're one of, if not the best player around these parts. But if you weren't? If I didn't want the absolute best players around? I'd tell your ass to take a hike with those passive aggressive threats.

Edited by SirTed

Copy_of_100_0257.JPG

32459439.jpg

Get over yourself Randy.  Your post has nothing to do with HSTL (which you brought up for some stupid reason) and everything to do with trying to flame Manyo about the tournament that he put together and the lack of respect that Kamph deserves for making you his bitch.  Maybe he took a play from The Rock's playbook and wanted you to "Know your damn role and shut your damn mouth."  Since you've got the summer off, here are the steps you need to take:

1.  Go to store

2.  Buy vagisil

3.  Go home

4.  Apply vagisil

5.  Wait 3-5 days to wait for the bitchy & whiny to go away

6.  Start practicing some more so you don't get owned like you did Sunday

Look forward to HSTL buddy.....   giGGles  

Fun tournament... especially glad to get eleven games in... but the format was frustrating.  I got to choose my team first a grand total of once in eleven games and never had control over the dice rolls.  

I lost a NO/ATL game against BoogieWithStu by one score after I lost two fumbles and had a called Pass 1 INT returned for a 90 YD TD after his possessed DL popcorned my man-controlled QB.  I felt I played the game just about as perfectly as I could, but part of that included taking more risks than I normally would want to with some in-bounds hits.  It's either risk fumbles or risk 4th downs with NO offense against Deion.  I played the hand that I was dealt well, but it wasn't in the cards for me in this one.

In the last game against Kamp, we roll GB/ATL and he gets to pick.  Deion can shut down GB's 44ms run game and Majik's 38ps n00dle without much difficulty.  Rison can score at will against Harris and Nelson.  Awesome.  First play of the game was a 85 YD bomb to Rison.  Cool.  The rest of the way the game was fairly even and I had tough chances to even the score to be sure, but it sucks playing from behind to start the game because of an uneven matchup.  Other than a few times I allowed drone sacks early on in the downs for a pair of two yard losses, I am very comfortable with the way I played the game.

So basically, Deion vs the crummy offenses I had to run with killed me in the tourney.

At the very least, the weakness of the tournament format was exposed in both of my games against Manyo, whose ears were deaf concerning changing the format.  In my first game against him, we rolled MIA/DET and I got to pick MIA.  As would be expected with the matchup, Marino decimated a weak secondary and Williams/Oliver/Offerdahl/Cross were enough to contain Barry.  28-7 and I giGGle to win the game and a $2 side pot.  In the next game, we roll CIN/DET and Manyo gets to pick and of course chooses CIN.  I'm angry and sullen about it right from the beginning and the Tecmo Gods are too as they help me overcome an incredibly unfair matchup.  

No question that Kamp was the rightful winner of the tournament and played well enough to win, but the change in format made it somewhat less likely that the cream would have a chance to rise to the top.  Given the format, I'll gladly settle with second and do not plan to attend again if the format remains the same.  

Just for the record: I beat Randy with the Falc. And BoogieWithStu beat me twice.

Edited by The Professor

from an outsider looking in, callmefairf (I have no idea who it is in real life) is just expressing his opinion.  he seems to make clear points, and I can understand exactly what he's saying: "tournament format is wack".

the main thing I'm seeing is - ya'll be hatin!

if there was one thing that I have against callmefairf, it's that goddamm sickening animated gif of michael jackson.  not even cool.

from an outsider looking in, callmefairf (I have no idea who it is in real life) is just expressing his opinion.  he seems to make clear points, and I can understand exactly what he's saying: "tournament format is wack".

the main thing I'm seeing is - ya'll be hatin!

if there was one thing that I have against callmefairf, it's that goddamm sickening animated gif of michael jackson.  not even cool.

I don't hate the way the guy plays - that's for sure. He's dope.

I do hate the way Randy made passive aggressive digs at a format / tournament that someone else put on. If it was such an awful chore, why bother?

I also found his threats of not playing in a tournament if the rules / format weren't to his liking childish. Maybe he was just telling it like it is, but he threw the same threats out at me when I was putting mine on and I didn't like it then either. Like I said, it's annoying when ANYONE pulls bullshit like this when competing in anything, but I expect one of the best (which he is, in at least the PNW) to be even more flexible when the rules, and the breaks of the game don't go their way.

I think he was talking about a tournament that he thinks the rules favor luck more than tecmo skill.

I have to say, ATL vs GB is RETARDED matchup.

no way I'm driving 8 hours to get to play that matchup, either.

Edited by buck

Well - to take the heat off of Sir Randell of Fairfield - I'll veer the subject to the idea of match-up cards in tournament play. I would like to seriously consider using this format for Pac-Rim II when the time comes in April. If there's some Tecmo controversy around the subject now, (at least in the Tecmo hotbed of the PNW) what could we possibly do to improve the format?

I was thinking that you could offer the "sister" match-up as some kind of veto or alternative. What do you guys think?

For instance:

If the professor and I were playing and we rolled a 6/4 match-up which corresponds to a match-up that I found unbalanced or potentially unfavorable to me, we could switch to whatever corresponds to 4/6 if both players agree.

What do you think of that?

Ted, not sure how much help yr gonna get, as I posted a few times for some advice on the matchups (no responses), PM'd a few knowledgeable people requesting some feedback (no response), and invited Randy to breakdown some of the matchups well before the tourney (IND/SEA, and SF/HOU is all I recall him bitching about, and the SF/HOU one I broke down on him pretty well)...... and it's kinda funny how some of them show up now to give their 2 bits.

We're not of their ilk, we are men of action, so I wouldn't put much stock into the negative opinions expressed on here so far, the format worked well, I wouldn't even change ATL/GB at all, close enough.  There is no controversy, really, just the Fiasco from Pasco.  Having said that, have fun with it, experiment with the format if you wish, and don't worry one iota if Randy tucks his tail between his legs and stays home because of it, truth!

Tecmo Super Bowl is a mixture of skill, luck, and managed probabilities.  Which of those comes most into play largely depends on the teams that are being used in any one given game.  

I beat Manyo 28-7 as MIA vs DET and he really didn't play all that poorly.  I would estimate that I would win that game 8-9 times out of 10. whereas with a dead even match up I would estimate that I would win 6-7 out of 10 against Manyo. Basically his chances of winning went down by half simply because of the matchup created by the tournament format. That sucked for him.

Though I beat Manyo as DET vs CIN, I would estimate he wins that matchup 7-8 or maybe even 8-9 times out of 10 against me, even though I'd normally win 6-7 times out of 10 against him with even teams.  It's just a really bad match up for DET and Manyo is a good player.  So basically, before the game even started, I think that Manyo increased his chances of beating me by nearly threefold.  Fortunately, I played well and the Tecmo Gods helped me out.

Overall, I think I played much better in this tournament than I did in either of the previous two, but I was incredibly lucky to get to the final with the match up adversity I had to overcome.  By leaving so much up to a pre-game dice roll, the tournament format was ultimately not designed to determine who the best player in the room was. I don't have a problem with that, but it was what it was. I don't mean that as a knock on Kamp either because he really is a great player, but with even match ups I would estimate that I would take 6 games out of 10 against him.  I'm not God's gift to Tecmo either.  I would estimate that against Madison's best I probably take 2-3 games out of 10 with even match ups, if that...

In regards to the lack of appreciation and consideration for setting up the tournament... I put in far more time and effort into running the HSTL than Manyo put into setting up this tournament.  In response, Manyo abruptly bounced in and out of the league... once mid-season and another two times after drafting a team and making trades, then quitting before the season started.  Perhaps my grapes are still a bit sour.

Bottom line is that I'm not going to drive 8-9 hours in my pickup to a tournament again to lose to coin tosses.  I know that most people are just coming for the fun of it and that the tournament format really doesn't make much of a difference to probably anybody to me.  I can totally respect that most of you are coming to just chill out and kick a few back... but that's just not me.  When I come I am coming to compete.  If not coming to the next because of the format makes me a poor sport, so be it...

I actually don't believe you're a better player than me, I've broken that down in another thread before pretty well..... so you recovered more fumbles than me in all 3 live tourney games so far, GGs.  And lol that you're better than kamphuna, gtfoh!

As for putting more time in to do HSTL than me doing this tourney?  I don't know.  Where did that comment come from anyway?  Putting on a live tourney takes many, many hours to put together all this shit.  But what I really want to say is: HSTL-24 draft?  Your presence was pathetic, I put that thing on my back and did it all myself.  You can't even hold my jock strap when it comes to doing a draft correctly, which is far more important than the other stuff you supposedly did for the league.  It was supremely telling when a controversy started up in that draft, and you were like, don't look at me it's your draft.... yr a might good leader there, fairfield.  HSTL definitely deserves better, and now they got it.  Curious why this was even brought up tho.

And not sure why my quitting HSTL had any effect on you or the league..... it affected gats slightly (his OL), when I quit right before the season started..... and the mid-season quitting, shit who cares when you got so many dudes lined up in the farm league, right?  You know the real reason you have rankles against me is cuz I tore you up on the HSTL forums the one time I decided to call you out for your bitchery.......

But hey, GGs, you beat me twice last weekend, hope to see you next year, but sounds like we won't since I'm not convinced there are any flaws with the format at this time.

PS---You're welcome for all the TSB player football cards I sent you a few years ago, you never even thanked me for that...... asshole.

You're welcome!

And the constructive criticism was accepted gladly before the tournament, and THOROUGHLY CHALLENGED, mostly via very long emails I sent you to help you understand, which you never challenged in reply. If you don't like it, fine, don't come next year, your choice. Months ago, I asked you for specific criticism about the matchups, and you did not provide it. CIN/DET, or whatever else you think isn't straight..... first time I heard it from you was Sunday, with little snipes, and then here on the boards. As I said months ago, a single fumble will have a greater effect on the outcome of a game than these supposedly unbalanced matchups, and that surely seemed to be the case in reality. Whereas you seem to be setting up a reality where you'll always have a convenient excuse for losing. End of story, the moral being: play tecmo, and take your good rolls, and the bad, like a man. GG, and move on. You knew the rules coming in.

So, thank you for your criticisms. And now that they have been thoroughly challenged and dismissed by myself (long ago), I suppose there's nothing left to do here but vent, right? Carry on, my wayward tecmo brother...... carry on.

What?!? Are you f'n kidding me? No, I didn't have anything like those thoughts.... is this your narcissism acting up again?!? Re-donk-u-lous.

And now I honestly doubt you even read my explanatory e-mail, because the rationale goes much deeper than helping noobs. The sound and the fury: carry on tecmo brother..... carry on.