Centralia, WA - 6/30/13 - The 2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship (PNWTC-2)

manYo

I just realized that THIS Tournament has more replies than any other Tourney in the HISTORY of Tourney's.............besides Madison.  That's pretty good company popularity wise......I'll take 2nd place proudly!!!  If Madison's the Superbowl, THE SECOND ANNUAL PACIFIC NW TECMO CHAMPIONSHIP is the Divisional Playoffs. 

IT'S GONNA BE BIGGER THAN WRESTLEMANIA 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  3 DAYZ B!TCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And I'm Alive!!!!

I can't wait to dominate Tailback in this tourney!!!!! Manyo, I hope you bring a bunch of extra controllers cuz I think folks are going to be breakin' plenty after I confound, confuse and amaze with my tapping skills. I'm leaving Centrailia with Johnny Johnson's head on a stick. Mark - it -  down.

Okay, none of that is going to happen, but I had to get some shit talking in since I've been out of it for so long.

Can't wait, guys. Bus and train tix bought. I'm ready to rock. I'm rustier on the sticks but a bit more experienced strategy-wise. We'll see how this plays out. 

And I'm too impatient to read up on the novella Manyo posted about the rules - hopefully they'll be a quick update on game day. Also - I won't be organizing so I can drink more!!! Yeah! 

PARTICIPANTS: A few dropouts have lowered the numbers of participants, we currently have 12 signed up,  BUT… that’s a good thing, to my mind.  With these 12, the talent is concentrated…. every game will be a battle, no cakewalk here.  Having a ton of people is great for other tournaments, like we had recently in Seattle (and hopefully next year's Seattle tourney, and Portland's soon-to-be?)..... but here at the Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship, in a little rinky dink town halfway between Seattle and Portland called Centralia, we aint on no nostalgia trip.  Hell no, this is serious business, oh my brothers..... truly, war daddies ONLY need apply, right?  Hahah, time to get it on!!!  Tailback King, let’s rolll!!!!!!  Anyway, here’s who we got signed up as of now, in the order of their initial seeding for the morning's round-robin play (swiss-format):

1. Randy F. (mr.giGGles)
  2. Craig B. (kamphuna)
  3. Kyle R. (invaderstar)
  4. Matt G. (gripsmoke)
  5. Joe M. (manyo)
  6. Teddy B. (sirted)
  7. Stuart R. (boogiewithstu)
  8. Rudy M. (tailbackking)
  9. Chalky W. (chalkywhite)
  10. Jake H. (bigverne)
  11. Ezekiel F. (theprofessor)
  12. Angelo P. (meatball)
Edited by manYo

Make that 11, something came up and I will not be able to attend :(

WELL...............................This is gonna now be like one big playoff Tourney with not a lot of margin for error....best of the best.  Manyo, you should try to get some of your friends from around the area.....(sacrificial lambs!!!).....but if you can't, this is gonna be a WAR!!!  Maybe some people need to play twice??!  Maybe you could get some fools who are already at the bar to fill in some spots???  Isn't that what they did in Seattle???  Just some suggestions.......................................I really don't care what you do, because I'm gonna WIN!!!  I'm comin' for ya TED!!!!!!!  We'rent you wearin' a Dolphins Jersey last time........If you use um', Marino's gonna get SCALPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ~Tailback King~

The time is now here...........................I'm leaving work so I won't be on this board till after the CHAMPIONSHIP.  It's gonna be a real test of skill with no pushovers.  I won't be back to work till Wednesday, so I'll have plenty of time to celebrate my HUGE accomplishment, and claim the Heavyweight Title..............or cry alone in the drivers seat of one of my Chevys.  This Tournament really will let the world and the illustrious Tecmobowl community know "WHO IS THE BEST IN THE NORTHWEST"..........................tune in this Sunday, 10:00am. 

Too bad grip, I was just about to report I'm at o'blarneys right now sipping on a mack n jacks African amber....... glrw.

My strategy this year will be quite different. I think I'm gonna start the day with drinking then play.

yes, that mack and jacks was quite tasty, I must say......... I must also say that I apologize for allowing you all to fill yourselves with such hope and energy for victory as you ride into my hometown Sintralia tomorrow morning..... for this is where i stomp, and if you wonder why there aren't droves of native Lewis County folk rushing to sign up for this thing, well I'll tell ya now: cuz they fear the force of MANyO!!!....... these are my grounds yo, and my grounds it will stay!!!  (Having said that, if anyone wants to scrim it up tonite, I'm down for it.)

tumblr_m6y5u9N1pe1raog92o1_500.gif

Game 8: DET (rdleifriaf) vs CIN (manyo), 21-14.

The dice determine the matchup and Manyo gets the heavily favored match-up reminding me of why I almost didn't come.  Manyo says I'm praying to the right God as I would have turned the ball over on downs, but recover the fumble in the endzone for a TD... then later get a CC from Peete to Clayton on Fulcher in triple coverage as the force is with me.  

Clark!!!  Robert mudda fuggin Clark FTW?!?!?!?!

I'm not bitter.

Game 11, GB (rdleifriaf) vs ATL (kamp) 

10-17.  Kamp wins the dice toss, takes ATL, and bombs it deep for 7 to Rison on the first play of the game.   It was close, but I got slightly outplayed the rest of the way.  

GG man, congrats!

GG guys!

You PNW guys must not use the "only check conditions screen once per quarter rule".  :)

First of all -

Great tourney. Super fun. Only my second tourney overall, and the first that I didn't host, so it was a blast getting to show up, play, drink and talk shit to TBK. ;)

Manyo did a great job. No surprise there. Can't wait for next year! Let's keep talk alive of a possible PDX tourney before Pac-Rim II in April. Although, formal planning for Pac-Rim II begins in Sept! I'm a big fan of the match-up card. Takes the pressure out of selecting. Pretty fun. I can't imagine that somehow a bad match-up or two would somehow keep someone from coming to the tourney...ridiculous. Anyways - maybe to next time people could suggest match-ups they didn't see on the card, or something.

Re: my loss to Randy. I'm still learning. I liked Heyward because I wanted to control the ball more. My one advantage against Randy is the tap, so I was trying run the ball a bit. I don't know the stats but Hilliard always seems to cough it up for me. Probably should have gone to him early. What I REALLY feel like I should have done is feature both a bit more.

2 straight 3rd place finishes. Guess I gotta hit the books a bit and learn the stats game. Great, great tourney, fellas.

Re: my loss to Randy. I'm still learning. I liked Heyward because I wanted to control the ball more. My one advantage against Randy is the tap, so I was trying run the ball a bit. I don't know the stats but Hilliard always seems to cough it up for me. Probably should have gone to him early. What I REALLY feel like I should have done is feature both a bit more.

When you're going against a man defender, the HP is irrelevant.  

Steve Walsh or Ironhead will take the same number of button pushes.  

You do want that HP on kickoffs though.  Ironhead is the best kick returner in the game due to his RT having 44ms and his hp allowing you to run over some guys you don't run around.