Centralia, WA - 6/30/13 - The 2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship (PNWTC-2)

manYo

TB / PIT and IND / SEA are just ridiculous matchups.

Hey Randy..........I'm tired of everyone jockin' yo sacc.........at the Chehalis Tourney, I'ma watch all your games with presision, and figure out your steeeeeeeeeeze..............and when I do, Lonnie Young's gonna stick his boot so far up yo recievers a$$, he's gonna need new nike pro combat gloves, and 2 of your starting linebackers, to get enough grip ta yank Lonnie's ankle and foot outta the unremovable lodged cleat!!!.......Ha hA Ha!!! 

Here's an idea: We do the 3 game "regular season" like we did in Seattle. Determines the playoffs the same, but every time you win a game you have to take a shot. This means whoever wins the tournament would have had to take at least 7 shots.

I guarantee you'd see some unorthidox gameplay..............that would definitly spice it up a lil'!!! 

{p.s.   I could do seven shots in my sleep, with both hands tied behind my back}

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Can it be a beer instead of a shot?

Damn Kamp.....you'd have ta down a whole beer, instead of takin' just a shot..........but you a big man, I'm sure you could handle it.  Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyat......buy the end of this thang, I'll probably be takin' the shots, and chasin' um' down with beer!!!!!!!

This would put me at a distinct disadvantage as I've never had a beer or taken a shot in my entire life.  Good thing I'm 15-0 in live tournament play.

WOW...................why???  I bet you think about havn' one after someone hands you a loss.  That's gonna be my goal.......It's the only thing I want...It's all I care about!!!   

Does anyone know if that O'Blarney's place has Mac & Jacks on tap? Or just Irish swill?

What's a Mac and Jack???  Is it when you take a pint of Mactarnahans' and drop a shot of Jack Daniels in it and chug it???  Sound like one of those drinks you light on fire.....like a Flamin' Moe (Simpson's specialty)

What's a Mac and Jack???  Is it when you take a pint of Mactarnahans' and drop a shot of Jack Daniels in it and chug it???  Sound like one of those drinks you light on fire.....like a Flamin' Moe (Simpson's specialty)

Kinda sounds like a shot, but it's only the most delicious beer in Washington (and the United States, as far as I've tried). http://www.macandjacks.com/

The African Amber is the beer I'm referring to.

Kinda sounds like a shot, but it's only the most delicious beer in Washington (and the United States, as far as I've tried). http://www.macandjacks.com/

The African Amber is the beer I'm referring to.

Hmmmmm.........that's interesting that I never tried it.  Maybe after I beat you, you can buy me one!!! 

Okay, well tournament format as presented looks like how we'll roll this year.  I think we'll push forward with the dice roll matchups as described, no vetos or PHX/DAL tokens and the like.  But if the majority (or just a lot) of people express to me a desire for a veto rule of some sort (perhaps both players have to veto), then I won't be a dick about it, that'll be fine.  I would prefer not though, personally, just because I'd like to see how it all plays out.  The Regionals / Finals format will probably be about the same, but might change in someway once numbers start to look more solid in a few weeks.

I do regret to inform everyone that gonickmontana will not be attending this year's event, so looking like 14 players at this time.  Fewer players, to be sure, but talent level will not be diluted, also to be sure.  I have had no chance to advertise in physical locations, but maybe some last ditch efforts in that department will scoop up a few more, we'll see.  I'll do what I can, but I've got a heavy work load next 2 weeks.  Fancy free after that though.

Those who have signed up but not paid yet, please consider doing so within the next few weeks.  Info on the website.  Mahalo.

I'd like to see a veto rule on matchups...

Also, what happens if doubles roll?

---

Finally, if I ran the world and there are truly just 14 people coming, I would suggest trying get 7 TVs going and running a Swiss-system tournament:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

Doubles roll?  There are matchups aligned to double rolls, for the initial roll.  See the matchup matrix.  The 2nd roll, which determines who gets choice of team/controller, a double roll = a re-roll.  Rolling thunder.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No Johnson token??????????????????????

If I had to play Johnny and the Cards, I'd be scared too!!!  His mythical, magical world tour and quest to prove he's the best Tecmo legend of all time is not over YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No Johnson token??????????????????????

If I had to play Johnny and the Cards, I'd be scared too!!!  His mythical, magical world tour and quest to prove he's the best Tecmo legend of all time is not over YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Johnny and the Cards just effed me in the Barry Sanders tourney AGAINST MY COWBOYS! 3 fumbles lost man. Boo Johnny!

Johnny and the Cards just effed me in the Barry Sanders tourney AGAINST MY COWBOYS! 3 fumbles lost man. Boo Johnny!

That's what happens when you mess with the powers of THE LEGEND!!!!!  He has powers most people can't explain!!!

{p.s.     We are getting our Cardinals Cowboys epic traditional battle in somehow!!!}

Edited by ~Tailback King~