***New and Improved Tecmo Super Bowl PSX*** (coming soon)

I know the PSX version isn't popular. I felt obligated to redo the graphics, ratings and rosters for the version you all don't like to talk about.  :lol:  

Here are some new screen shots.............

post-4777-0-74630500-1365383912_thumb.jp

post-4777-0-26819700-1365383942_thumb.jp

post-4777-0-62855500-1365383956_thumb.jp

This is still a work in progress, about 80% completed.

Things completed.........

Ratings

Rosters

Some graphics (intro, load screens, TM logos removed from field and logos)

Not completed.........

Depth charts

More graphics (still debating)

Possible music replacement across the board

When completed, I will attach a folder, with all the necessary items to play the iso. (Emulator, bios, iso and mem cards.)

This will be the first of it's kind for the PSX and merely to correct the wrongs that they did to the original.  8-)

Nice! Is this a first ever PSX hack? Did you miss with the sprites at all? I remember thinking they were a bit...off?

I can graphically edit just about everything except the players on the field. It can be done, but seems to be a monumental task, I have all the programs to do the sprites, but don't know if I want to invest in the time to do so, seeing that nobody likes this version. I could virtually make the entire game look like the NES version or something totally new. Yes this is the first graphic hack on this version.

This will be the first of it's kind for the PSX and merely to correct the wrongs that they did to the original.  8-)

Wasn't the game's weakness the game play?

I appreciate the effort but you're essentially shining a turd here.

Wasn't the game's weakness the game play?I appreciate the effort but you're essentially shining a turd here.

with the ratings toned down a tad, it plays a little better. Idk how much anyone on the forum has played this version, but I've got 50 + seasons under my belt on this one. I really loved this version in my younger days, but I do agree the game play is horrendous after really analyzing it deeper. I'd just figured to give this some love and learn about psx hacking. I was just getting bored with the others. Hell, I spend more time with graphics on all the versions than I do playing them.

Please do

ok here is the trick. burn the iso using dvd decrypter,burn at the slowest speed you have (i have never burnt coaster with this program), now here is the easy part. Take your ps2 apart, just take top off. now remove the dvd drive cover. take the disc holder out of the drive cover(you'll need it). now turn ps2 on with ps2 still apart,and navigate to your browser(where it shows your memory cards and type of disc in drive). Put a real PSX disc in the drive it will show it's a PSX disc,now with that showing take out the "real" PSX disc and insert your "backup".  Press X button and it will load! This trick also works on ps2 "backup" discs also.  Hope this helped!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I love the PS1 version. It has a ton of flaws but it is still one of my favorites. The key issues I don't like are as follows...

1.) Sound-It sucks! The music sucks the sound effects suck ect....

2.) There are no animations like the previous versions.

3.) Unlimited trade/lack of season trading.

I like what you have adjusted so far but you should definately address the sound issues first and then continue the animations. I miss the classic soundtrack from TSB-1-3. Anyway I support you in your effort and you should continue your work. I enjoy the game and why not keep perfecting it until it becomes the ultimate Tecmo! I literally created my account for this post.

I love the PS1 version. It has a ton of flaws but it is still one of my favorites. The key issues I don't like are as follows...

1.) Sound-It sucks! The music sucks the sound effects suck ect....

2.) There are no animations like the previous versions.

3.) Unlimited trade/lack of season trading.

I like what you have adjusted so far but you should definately address the sound issues first and then continue the animations. I miss the classic soundtrack from TSB-1-3. Anyway I support you in your effort and you should continue your work. I enjoy the game and why not keep perfecting it until it becomes the ultimate Tecmo! I literally created my account for this post.

That's hardcore!! LOL! I'll delve into this in a few months. It plays a whole helluva lot better with my adjusted ratings. I can actually go back to 5 minute quarters and have great games.

• 4 years later...