Tecmo Bowl 1989 ROM

TheFes75

Hi all,

Just uploaded my new ROM Tecmo Bowl 1989 to the download section under NES- Tecmo Bowl. Below are the features of the new ROM.  Also available for download is a spread sheet with the player ratings (useful) and a document with a synopsis of each team (not so much).

Tecmo Bowl 1989 features:

• All Players are from the 1989 season.
  • Teams are the 10 that made the playoffs and 2 with the best records of the teams that didn't in 1989
  • Buffalo has replaced Indianapolis
  • Houston (Oilers) has replaced Miami
  • LA NFC has replaced Cleveland
  • Kansas City has replaced Seattle
  • Pittsburgh has replaced Los Angeles
  • Philly has replaced Dallas
  • Cleveland has replaced Chicago
  • TE is now covered on Buffalo Pass 1 (Indianapolis Pass 1 in the original)
  • Houston runs it offense exclusively from the shotgun (Even the run play) "Run & Shoot"
  • TOLB is now blocked on Pittsburgh Run 1 (Bo Jackson's run in the original)
  • Washington Run 2 (Reverse) has been replaced with Cleveland Run 2 from the original.
  • Cleveland now runs a 4-3 defense (In place of Chicago).
  • Minnesota Run 2 (Reverse) has been replaced with Seattle Run 2 but from the I-set
  • Minnesota now runs a 4-3 defense.
  • Players that earned All Pro honors have a Red Star in front of their names.
  • Players that earned Pro Bowl honors have a white star in front of their names

Please download and enjoy!

Feel free to contact me with any feedback or suggestions.

Why the hell did you get rid of the Colts and the Seahawks???  I'd rather have Dickerson on the Colts than Thomas on the Bills

Lol...we all know your affinity for Eric Dickerson, but I chose the 10 teams that made the playoffs, and the other two teams were the teams in the AFC and NFC that had the best record of teams that did not make the playoffs (Kansas City 8-7-1 & Washington 10-6). I could have had Green Bay who was also 10-6, but decided not to. Look at it this way, you will always have the original Tecmo Bowl to use Dickerson and Warner, but now you have a version with two other running backs in Thuman Thomas and Christian Okoye.

My Tecmo Bowl 1984 ROM has Eric Dickerson on LA NFC in his 2105 yard season. He has player attributes better than Bo Jackson in that version.

Lol...we all know your affinity for Eric Dickerson, but I chose the 10 teams that made the playoffs, and the other two teams were the teams in the AFC and NFC that had the best record of teams that did not make the playoffs (Kansas City 8-7-1 & Washington 10-6). I could have had Green Bay who was also 10-6, but decided not to. Look at it this way, you will always have the original Tecmo Bowl to use Dickerson and Warner, but now you have a version with two other running backs in Thuman Thomas and Christian Okoye.

My Tecmo Bowl 1984 ROM has Eric Dickerson on LA NFC in his 2105 yard season. He has player attributes better than Bo Jackson in that version.

In your 89' rom, is Okoye a Kevin Mack clone with speed???

In your 89' rom, is Okoye a Kevin Mack clone with speed???

Yes. I tried not to reinvent the Player ratings.  I tried to stay within the parameters of the original to a point so that the game did not become way inbalanced.  I think I boosted some of the ratings in some areas, but it was more because these teams were either all playoff teams or right on the cusp or the player set records ('84 Dickerson, '84 Marino).  The other reason to boost player ratings were due to earning ALL PRO or PRO BOWL honors. There is no "Dallas" type team in either ther 84 ROM or the 89 ROM.

• 2 months later...

1989 rom.  Man the Bills offense is stupid good.  

Browns endzone is orange but says CHI.  

1984 rom.  I would love to face off with Nate and see how hard it is to defend the Dolphins.  That run play out of shotgun is awesome, but does look weird with the automatic pitch from Marino.  Still, its an awesome concept...I love it.

Kick returns seem to be really strong on these 2 roms.  

1989 rom.  Man the Bills offense is stupid good.  

Browns endzone is orange but says CHI.  

1984 rom.  I would love to face off with Nate and see how hard it is to defend the Dolphins.  That run play out of shotgun is awesome, but does look weird with the automatic pitch from Marino.  Still, its an awesome concept...I love it.

Kick returns seem to be really strong on these 2 roms.  

I have no Idea how to change the end zones.  I would love for someone to show me how then I would go back and fix both the 84 and 89 ROMS.

Who in the hell is the bottom DT on the 84 Cowboys???  Randy White I assume.  He's was up Dickerson's butt right at the snap all game game long.  Its like having LT with a free path to the backfield. You had to work with E.D. to get passed him.

Lol...it is Randy White, who was all pro that year, by the way.

The issue you are seeing there is my fault. I recently discovered why against 4-3 teams both of the run plays that replaced the reverses get blown up. On both run 2's for LA NFC and Washington I changed the blitz bytes against 3-4 defenses but not against 4-3 defenses. It was not on purpose, at the time I did not know how (it was my first attempt at a ROM). I have an updated version I'm going to download to this site that has that fix. It is fixed on my 1989 ROM.

Errors oh yes tecmo mad brad will find them.I just hope he rotates these roms into there season play.With game footage

Who in the hell is the bottom DT on the 84 Cowboys???  Randy White I assume.  He's was up Dickerson's butt right at the snap all game game long.  Its like having LT with a free path to the backfield. You had to work with E.D. to get passed him.

It was only a matter of time