O.J. Anderson

OJ will always have a place in my heart. He carried the New York Football Giants to victory in Superbowl XXV. Forget about the missed FG. The key to the Giants' record possession total of 40:33 was OJ Anderson in Superbowl XXV. The powerful veteran running back carried 21 times for 102 yards. His 1-yard touchdown capped off a 14-play drive that ate up a record 9:29 of the third quarter in the Super Bowl.

He is the TRU warhorse of the game..........that lived thru many battles to get what he deserved.....a Superbowl ring. 

There different types of backs..............but I will say that O.J. wouldn't be as effective if he was on the Cards, then Johnny if he were on the Giants.

Do you feel that the 1 bump in receptions makes JJ that much better? Ottis has 31 receptions to Johnsons 38.

Ottis crushes Johnson in HP, giving him popcorn potential. He has better ball control by 4 bumps and his running speed is also better by 3 bumps.

I would think that Ottis would just flat out be better than Johnson regardless of the team. 38 vs 31 in receptions doesn't really sell me. Am I wrong here? Especially not for the trade off of the potential to popcorn guys.

Do you feel that the 1 bump in receptions makes JJ that much better? Ottis has 31 receptions to Johnsons 38.

Ottis crushes Johnson in HP, giving him popcorn potential. He has better ball control by 4 bumps and his running speed is also better by 3 bumps.

I would think that Ottis would just flat out be better than Johnson regardless of the team. 38 vs 31 in receptions doesn't really sell me. Am I wrong here? Especially not for the trade off of the potential to popcorn guys.

Johnson plays above his stats......that's all I can tell ya.......you don't have to believe or agree with me.  You should ask some of my past opponents in Portland.  Many will find out in Seattle, so you'll be able to ask them after the Tourney on April 7th.

With all the shit that tailback talks... I really hope he shows up and runs Johnny Johnson all the way to a title.

I think it would earn him a hearty 'attaboy.

Whatever the case though... he's quickly becoming a tecmo legend. I can't go into any tecmo circle without hearing people mock him!

whoever faces him in sea, kamp,manyo,vader etc.. please call a dal vs arz match for him. and record it.

Being a Dallas fan, I would consider it a sacrilege if I didn't. Saving that matchup for him.

Johnson plays above his stats......that's all I can tell ya.......you don't have to believe or agree with me.  You should ask some of my past opponents in Portland.  Many will find out in Seattle, so you'll be able to ask them after the Tourney on April 7th.

Would be nice if we could stream it live for the masses.

With all the shit that tailback talks... I really hope he shows up and runs Johnny Johnson all the way to a title.

I think it would earn him a hearty 'attaboy.

Whatever the case though... he's quickly becoming a tecmo legend. I can't go into any tecmo circle without hearing people mock him!

Ha hA Ha!!!  Mock me???  b!tc# please........the people in yo circle must all be gayer than a gaggle a geese.  I'd rather people talk shit or not like me rather than no one givin a f%#! about me at all........most of your opinions and stuff you talk about on this site are about as exiting and relevant as your childhood idol Vaughn Hebron.........and who the f%#! is that???  Exactly.  No one gives a f%*k. 

Being a Dallas fan, I would consider it a sacrilege if I didn't. Saving that matchup for him.

I have to say - after finishing well in the tournament (a long shot) the thing I am hoping for or looking forward to the most is watching Tailback match up with some of the other folks around here. I have no idea what to expect, and don't have a horse in the race, but I know it's going to be a big moment. What would be more satisfying? One of the Tecmo.org mainstays shutting Tailback up? or Tailback backing up all his smack talk with a dominating performance by Johnny Johnson? I really don't know. But I know I want to see.

Would be nice if we could stream it live for the masses.

I am all for this, Kamp. Manyo may have brought it up to me in passing before. I have very little tech savy, and honestly, although I'm not overwhelmed with it, I'm so concerned about getting this tourney off the ground properly, the stream isn't a high priority for me. That being said - I'd gladly, happily have it, or do it, I just don't want to be in charge of it right now.

If it's something you guys really want this year, shoot me a message or something and let's see what can be done.

You got your priorities straight Ted. Making sure the tourney goes as planned is way more important. That being said, I'll see what I can do to help. And does the Magnolia spot have Wifi avail?

I have to say - after finishing well in the tournament (a long shot) the thing I am hoping for or looking forward to the most is watching Tailback match up with some of the other folks around here. I have no idea what to expect, and don't have a horse in the race, but I know it's going to be a big moment. What would be more satisfying? One of the Tecmo.org mainstays shutting Tailback up? or Tailback backing up all his smack talk with a dominating performance by Johnny Johnson? I really don't know. But I know I want to see.

I have a feeling that when Tailback loses, he'll do anything but shut up. Likely the opposite. Repeated butt kickings probably wouldn't change his mind or shut him up.

It's curious though; I would pay money to play him or see him play at this point.

I played against someone that offered up NO-NE in a matchup. I gladly took NO, and when we set playbooks he "featured" Marvin Allen in 3 of the run plays (and he put Marv Cook at KR). I was like, "Featuring Allen, huh?" He goes, "Yup." I fought off my snickering as best I could, but it was no use.

Only good things can happen if you feature Marvin Allen in your playbook.

post-5893-0-34368900-1362769406_thumb.pn

Only good things can happen if you feature Marvin Allen in your playbook.

attachicon.gifAllen.png

John Stephens is the 'IT' back on that team......and I would go so far to say he is one of the better backs in the game.  I don't use New England in MAN on MAN because they just get overpowered to eazily, but I once had over 3,000 yrds rushing with him, and over 1,000 yrds kick returning in the same year.  Over 4,000+ yards in one year is great for anybody.

John Stephens is the 'IT' back on that team......and I would go so far to say he is one of the better backs in the game.  I don't use New England in MAN on MAN because they just get overpowered to eazily,

When using NE, you definitely need to rely on Stephens later in the year!  Cook is the go-to guy on that team, but depending on Grogan to get him the ball is beyond frustrating.  And I refuse to replace Grogan with Wilson.  It's kind of like a Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez thing.... ;-)

When using NE, you definitely need to rely on Stephens later in the year!  Cook is the go-to guy on that team, but depending on Grogan to get him the ball is beyond frustrating.  And I refuse to replace Grogan with Wilson.  It's kind of like a Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez thing.... ;-)

I use the 'Pawtuccett Patriot' Marv Cook at fullback, and Mosi at TE.....it works.  I usually run a version of the option when I'm not running Stephens, (which is rare) but when he needs a breather, I use Wilson to get the ball to Cook by running or throwing.........The second pass play is the 'PRO' where Stephens & Cook are in my backfield at the same time.  When I snap the ball, I basically run directly toward Marv Cook.  If he's covered, I tuck the ball with Wilson and go, (since he runs 20 times better than Grogan) but if he's not, or the second I'm gonna get hit, I'll pitch it to Cook!  Many times he's gone, or gets me a huge chunk of yards..........try it.