Let's play: Which Team Would You Pick?

vikingmoe02

SD/DET- DET's better offense is the difference with Cofer, spielman and white in good spots.

TB v PIT- TB all day. Woodson cant jj int vinny and you can do enough on offense with vinny jj's and scrambles and the occosional run 3. Pits slow rbs makes it so TB can load up on pass D and probably be able to contain the run with only haddix.

NO vs GB. Kind of a toss up. Neither D can do much against the others strength. A case of who scores last or doesnt turn the ball over vs even players

HOU v BUF. Gotta take HOU because of BUF shitty DBs. At least with dick dick you have hope of stopping a pass or two.

Also I poorly chose the WAS-MIN matchup in madison and my opponent took MIN.. Washington having no lb's and mayhew at bottom CB definitely cost me and won't choose that again.

A 3rd and 15 80 yd JJ over a non jumping but perfectly man positioned D. Green sealed my fate.

SD v DET - Don't think I have ever played it.  I guess I would call DET and try to Kill the Byrd with runs at him and scrambles in front of him.  

TB v PIT - TB unless playing a BSD Tecmo Vet then I'd pick Pit as I think Top guys play even harder with Pit to show off their Tecmo Prowess.  With a Top Player, they don't want to give up a first down on D with Pitt and every Pit offensive play is thought out, since you have to make them count.

NO vs GB - NO is a Paper Tiger with no Stars.  I'll take the few GB stars instead.

HOU vs BUF - Unless I'm playing a great tapper/runner and he know he can run it down my throat.  I'll take Dick Dick to prevent any QB BSD Bombs.

The projected win total for the Rams seems a little high.

I'm intrigued by the whole matchup format of tournaments and why people choose certain matchups and how they decide between the two teams. So which team would you pick (and why...if you want) if offered the following matchups? 1. GB - CLE 2. PHX - ATL 3. MIN - MIA 4. NE - SEA 5. HOU - GIA

1. Id prob go goodside...cmon this coming down who gets the ball last. Want the fumble the recovery advantage and not have to worry about false conditioning. 2. Atl all day...3. Ill go mia and pick on db1/db3 on minn defense 4. Id go goodside this matchup comes down who gets more garbage. Seems like there big fumble recovery for td in this matchup. The chances of fumbling increase cuz of the short gains you will get with slow rbs. Pats offense could go after seattle db1/db3 drones with marv cook (depending on accurate throws). 5. Im not telling lol

Had an interesting matchup called recently that could be worth discussing... TB vs DEN

The weak DL of DEN negates the disadvantage of TB's weak OL. Haddix obviously has a huge advantage against Elway. BHumps is the key here though. I thought it was a decent matchup that's pretty fair. Thoughts?

Had an interesting matchup called recently that could be worth discussing... TB vs DEN

The weak DL of DEN negates the disadvantage of TB's weak OL. Haddix obviously has a huge advantage against Elway. BHumps is the key here though. I thought it was a decent matchup that's pretty fair. Thoughts?

im not love in the fact that basically that tb has 1 usable man defender. Atleast den would not have the personel to run a 2rb offense (run it haddixx attack with upsweeps). Den has good lb1, lb4. db1 is slow as shit can be had, but couple usable safties. I can see be either teams. Id prob roll with goodside.

Also I poorly chose the WAS-MIN matchup in madison and my opponent took MIN.. Washington having no lb's and mayhew at bottom CB definitely cost me and won't choose that again.

A 3rd and 15 80 yd JJ over a non jumping but perfectly man positioned D. Green sealed my fate.

Ah, I see, a case of positioning then. I don't have a lot of experience playing against people, so I make these judgements mostly on the numbers. If Mayhew was where Browner is, would you then choose Washington?

Ah, I see, a case of positioning then. I don't have a lot of experience playing against people, so I make these judgements mostly on the numbers. If Mayhew was where Browner is, would you then choose Washington?

If mayhew was where browner is, it changes the entire dynamic of playing defense with the redskins but having no LBS still hurt

• 3 weeks later...

So I just played a TPC game last night with this matchup. I took WASH with their improved BC being the tiebreaker, and I fumbled 3 times...

I think I'm swinging back to the MIN camp on this matchup.

Should've never left in the first place. Welcome back.

• 5 weeks later...

With the Madison Tourney looming, I figured it'd be a good time to bring this thread back.

WASH-CIN: I had this offered to me in a recent TPC game. I can't think of any reason not to take Cincy with Fulcher being able to JJ INT either QB, plus Brooks is the better RB.

NE-IND: The toilet bowl, but it's interesting. Indy is terrible on D, but the 31ms RBs for NE are no threat. Meanwhile, 44ms Bentley is legit in this matchup. While Lippett is dangerous, he's in a tough spot to use consistently. I always thought NE was the choice here, but I'm wavering...

SF-any: If offered SF in a matchup, is there any team that you'd pick over them instead?

Cincy / Wash is one of those weird matchups that are almost "close enough" to think the other guy knows something you don't if called.  But yes I thinks it's still Cincy

Good points on Indy, if you can win the tap it's probably a valid choice

SF - Mort had talked about if you take Montana and Rice out where would the 49ers be?  Even if you just took out Joe they would come down to earth a bit.  49ers D is great in their own right and are overshadowed by the O show.   I think the Madison Match up record isn't a slam dunk for SF against HOU.  I think the ONLY  reason I'd call SF/HOU would be against a guy I have played a lot that just destroys me and hope that I can sneak up on him if he plays loosy goosey because he has so much of an advantage and then Tecmo Gods give me some favors.

I tell ya I need to get some TPC in.  Thought my Game has improved since last Madtown, but I have been drafting to my strengths in leagues and there really isn't a tecmo original team out there that resembles the teams I put together.

Cincy / Wash is one of those weird matchups that are almost "close enough" to think the other guy knows something you don't if called.  But yes I thinks it's still Cincy

Good points on Indy, if you can win the tap it's probably a valid choice

SF - Mort had talked about if you take Montana and Rice out where would the 49ers be?  Even if you just took out Joe they would come down to earth a bit.  49ers D is great in their own right and are overshadowed by the O show.   I think the Madison Match up record isn't a slam dunk for SF against HOU.  I think the ONLY  reason I'd call SF/HOU would be against a guy I have played a lot that just destroys me and hope that I can sneak up on him if he plays loosy goosey because he has so much of an advantage and then Tecmo Gods give me some favors.

I tell ya I need to get some TPC in.  Thought my Game has improved since last Madtown, but I have been drafting to my strengths in leagues and there really isn't a tecmo original team out there that resembles the teams I put together.

I know what you mean. I've been getting killed in my Madison warm ups. Doesn't bode well for the Tedster. But oh well. Just hoping I can get a single win in group play.

I'd like to discuss a couple Dallas matchups that get called pretty frequently.

DAL vs. PHX: Tailback King's inevitable comments aside, this one is interesting. Dallas always seemed the obvious choice; however, with an elite MAN defender at DB3 (Young) as well as controllable defenders at DB4 and LB1, the Card's D has better options to get stops than DAL. Hendrix is nice at DB1, but the inside LBs are marginal to use as are the other DBs. How the 44pc QBs play seems to determine this one in my experience.

DAL vs. JETS: Similar argument here with the Jets having a MAN defender at DB3 that can also jump INT Aikman half the time. Byrd is also elite, but not in the greatest spot to use all the time. Jets are also balanced on offense, but not as sexy as an Emmitt Smith led team.

Who would YOU pick?

Edited by vikingmoe02

Ok let's talk about what Bo Know's against top teams

Buffalo - Raiders  - QB Bills God Like PC vs 50 INT guys better than Bo running circles around Corny Bennett?

Eagles - Raiders - Can QB Eagles be pestered enough by the Raiders DL?  

Giants - Raiders - Would LT break a sweat chasing Bo?

Edited by segathonsov