Let's play: Which Team Would You Pick?

vikingmoe02

36 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

I call this one quite a bit, because I think every opponent will take PIT here, leaving me with The Man, The Myth, and the Legend they call Johnny Johnson, who of course I prefer. (who wouldn't?)  When you really think about it, the matchup is not even close.  It's eazy to score on a soft, towel waiving defense as long as you keep Rod Woodson honest by dropping a couple bombs on his a$$ by using "THE LEGEND" as a decoy, and if you have any type of a tap game, it makes it only that much worse for PIT.  I like the offensive advantage at Tailback a hell of a lot more because I have Johnny Johnson in my backfield and they don't.   

Johnny Johnson blows donkey dick. Fumbles when the game's in his hands. All time choke artist. 

^^^WOW..............You mad bro???  Seems to be a lotta hostility in that statement.  Like you had a real bad experience or somthin'.  Kinda like you had a bad trip the first time you smoked weed because it got you too paranoid, or you were hangin' round the wrong people and you swore off it and never tried it again........When your the only person on the team who can do anything special, people key in on you because that's all they have to do...a fumble here or there comes with the territory.  When the games on the line, there's no other player in the game I'd want in on my offense no matter what position you line him up in...running the ball, receiving, or as a decoy.  The positives WAY outweigh the negatives.  Don't be butthurt that he fumbled in a key situation for ya, and hold a grudge, because it coulda' happened with anybody else.....Chances are if you give Johnson another try, he'll shine for ya in a big way.......that is of course unless you don't believe in the 'force'....remember, he's a different typa' player that can and will do unexplainable things other players can't....You must 'unlearn' what you have 'learned' when using him with the game on the line.

2 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

^^^WOW..............You mad bro???  Seems to be a lotta hostility in that statement.  Like you had a real bad experience or somthin'.  Kinda like you had a bad trip the first time you smoked weed because it got you too paranoid, or you were hangin' round the wrong people and you swore off it and never tried it again........When your the only person on the team who can do anything special, people key in on you because that's all they have to do...a fumble here or there comes with the territory.  When the games on the line, there's no other player in the game I'd want in on my offense no matter what position you line him up in...running the ball, receiving, or as a decoy.  The positives WAY outweigh the negatives.  Don't be butthurt that he fumbled in a key situation for ya, and hold a grudge, because it coulda' happened with anybody else.....Chances are if you give Johnson another try, he'll shine for ya in a big way.......that is of course unless you don't believe in the 'force'....remember, he's a different typa' player that can and will do unexplainable things other players can't....You must 'unlearn' what you have 'learned' when using him with the game on the line.

Johnny Johnson won a tecmo championship in Texas yesterday

On 2/6/2017 at 10:12 AM, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

Bout time someone said it. He doesn't fumble donkey dick even when he chokes on em

Hey................check this out, You're a fucc!n idiot.  Johnny Johnson is the best all around offensive weapon in the game of Tecmo Superbowl.  If you're to stupid to understand that, it's your problem, not mine.

4 minutes ago, Dotdon said:

More, this time with another enigma of a team to me, who seems to match up against 10 or more teams fairly well, MIN

MIN v. MIA

MIN v. CIN

MIN v. DEN

MIN v. SD

MIN v. WASH

MIN v. DAL

I'm a MIN homer, but could switch up the match up against a monster tapper so they don't get a great RB.

MIN v. MIA

MIN v. CIN

MIN v. DEN

MIN v. SD

MIN v. WASH

MIN v. DAL

On 2/16/2017 at 3:25 PM, Dotdon said:

More, this time with another enigma of a team to me, who seems to match up against 10 or more teams fairly well, MIN

MIN v. MIA

MIN v. CIN

MIN v. DEN

MIN v. SD

MIN v. WASH

MIN v. DAL

I'll take MIN over every team in TSB but SF, HOU, and GIA. Maybe not BUF, depending on my mood.

7 hours ago, vikingmoe02 said:

One that was missed here, I think, is MIN vs TB.

Agree, that's a good one.  MIN is a weird team to me.  Strong D, average offense...I threw in DAL because I see SD and DEN sometimes, and DAL is a sneaky good matchup with DEN, so wanted to extend the thoughts out a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

@OL' Dirty Tecmo had a 28-0 loss as TB in a CIN-TB match this weekend.  When I asked what happened he said Tampa let him down, but I didn't get the full story.  Care to share the details? Did it poke a hole in your "good match-up" feeling or was the game pretty fluky? 

Meh. I don't like ever blaming Tecmo but based on how many successful matchups I've had with TB/cin it was an anomaly. I was played pretty evenly but 28-0 or 28-27 is the same in my book. So no, the pt diff doesn't concern me at all. 

Vinny, Carrier, Hall, Cobb, Haddix (I think)... All bad condition. Overthrows, booted passes, missed ints, fumbles, the works. Usually there are enough rolls to even things out, but I even got boned on the gimmies. Gotta overcome devastating shit to win any tournament.

Another for discussion:

NYJ vs ATL

This was the call in the most recent TTL championship game. I chose ATL because of the star power, and I didn't want to get beat by a back-n-B to Rison. NYJ are intriguing here IMO because Easy Mac can jump pick the ATL QBs. Can kind of turn into a game of conditions, too.

4 hours ago, vikingmoe02 said:

Another for discussion:

NYJ vs ATL

This was the call in the most recent TTL championship game. I chose ATL because of the star power, and I didn't want to get beat by a back-n-B to Rison. NYJ are intriguing here IMO because Easy Mac can jump pick the ATL QBs. Can kind of turn into a game of conditions, too.

I've played this matchup in tournaments twice and got ATL both times and won the game both times, so I will take ATL.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, vikingmoe02 said:

Another for discussion:

NYJ vs ATL

This is a good one, because there are arguments for any opponent.  Is the opponent better than you?  Take Rison with the punchers chance, or take NYJ where you can potentially control the defensive side a bit better for that 1 stop/turnover you need.  Worse than you?  Take Falcons to take out the Rison bomb factor, or take NYJ to potentially dominate on D?   I could see this going either way against virtually anyone.  This one is 100%  who I'm playing at the time its called. 

1 hour ago, vikingmoe02 said:

Here's another, more offensive, matchup:

DET vs RAMS

Who you got?

this matchup was already looked at a page or two ago (in a string of DET matchups), but again DET for me.

• 9 months later...