Let's play: Which Team Would You Pick?

vikingmoe02

17 hours ago, vikingmoe02 said:

Since SEA was pretty much the consensus versus NE. How about this one...

NE vs Indy 

To me I constantly call NE here, due to the defensive advantages NE can provide, particularly since youre essentially playing to 10 or 14 points.  However IND's offense isn't that bad, and taking deep shots constantly is a handful with IND sometimes.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:32 AM, Dotdon said:

To me I constantly call NE here, due to the defensive advantages NE can provide, particularly since youre essentially playing to 10 or 14 points.  However IND's offense isn't that bad, and taking deep shots constantly is a handful with IND sometimes.

I agree with you - I lean towards NE as well. It's the 31ms RBs that really changes things with a 44ms RB available for Indy.

I like the matchup because it doesn't offer a stud defender aside from Agnew and Lippett - who are more difficult to use.

23 hours ago, vikingmoe02 said:

I agree with you - I lean towards NE as well. It's the 31ms RBs that really changes things with a 44ms RB available for Indy.

I like the matchup because it doesn't offer a stud defender aside from Agnew and Lippett - who are more difficult to use.

I like Indy. Since the NE offense is so slow they won't break a huge play on Indy, and you can MAN 11 different guys for optimal position lol. Perhaps, it also comes down to how comfortable someone is MANning Lippett at DB2. 

5 hours ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

I like Indy. Since the NE offense is so slow they won't break a huge play on Indy, and you can MAN 11 different guys for optimal position lol. Perhaps, it also comes down to how comfortable someone is MANning Lippett at DB2. 

Good point, I can see taking on Mossi at RB vs an optimal position colts scrub then Bentley and Blockers running over Lippett.  IND receivers aren't bad either, always thought I got a "steal" when I drafted Hester or Brooks in the later rnds of the HSTL draft.

Bizzaro World match up.  San Fran Offense and IND Colts Defense as a team.  Would that team still rank in top ten of tecmo teams?  

4 hours ago, segathonsov said:

Good point, I can see taking on Mossi at RB vs an optimal position colts scrub then Bentley and Blockers running over Lippett.  IND receivers aren't bad either, always thought I got a "steal" when I drafted Hester or Brooks in the later rnds of the HSTL draft.

Bizzaro World match up.  San Fran Offense and IND Colts Defense as a team.  Would that team still rank in top ten of tecmo teams?  

Idk but now I want to make a ROM with the top offenses combined with the worst defenses and vice versa.

So Pitt would possibly remain unchanged lol. 

5 hours ago, segathonsov said:

I would say no. 

59 minutes ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

Idk but now I want to make a ROM with the top offenses combined with the worst defenses and vice versa.

So Pitt would possibly remain unchanged lol. 

I remember back in the day making a rom with the best offensive players + worst defensive players vs best defensive players vs worst STARTING offensive players. Offense had the edge.

Maybe if you took out QB eagles it would be a fairer fight. 

15 hours ago, bruddog said:

I would say no. 

You are probably right but Montana to Rice could beat any team if the Tecmo Gods will it.  Just show's how bad IND defense is that it puts them out of the top ten.

HOU

NYG

BUF

RAIDERS

Bengals

Chicago 

KC

MIA

MIN

DET

Rams or 49Olts? 

22 hours ago, segathonsov said:

You are probably right but Montana to Rice could beat any team if the Tecmo Gods will it.  Just show's how bad IND defense is that it puts them out of the top ten.

HOU

NYG

BUF

RAIDERS

Bengals

Chicago 

KC

MIA

MIN

DET

Rams or 49Olts? 

I think MIN/DET/Rams is the correct tier for that team.  I'd probably take them too, because Montana/Rice and Montana/Taylor are the shizz

2 hours ago, segathonsov said:

yhz85f7.gif

Bo Jackson Trap Games

What match ups would you call so the other guy picks Bo and the Raiders? 

I have been surprised how well the Bears D in the right hands can shut down the Raiders.  About every Pass from a Raider QB is susceptible to an INT.  

The trap is on you...I feel like the Raiders are one of those teams that are kind of in their own tier. Chicago is probably one of the closest matches though. 

45 minutes ago, bruddog said:

The trap is on you...I feel like the Raiders are one of those teams that are kind of in their own tier. Chicago is probably one of the closest matches though. 

So going of @Dotdon post you'd put them below SF, NYG, HOU, BUF but above everyone else?

Would not call 

RAI-SF,HOU,NYG,BUF fairly big disadvantage in these matches

Closest matches

RAI-CHI - Both teams are gonna have a tough time passing in this match but RAI wr's all have speed and schroedy can get it to wide open guys quickly. And bo > neal. 

RAI-PHI - depends on how well the DL is controlling Randall. First stop probably wins this. 

RAI-MIA - Marino can wreck the weak Rai secondary and you have two safety options for defending BO

Would def  take RAI if called

RAI-KC  KC defense makes this tough as you can run at Snow and Thomas. 

RAI-CIN Put a high HP player at bottom WR and you can run at Fulcher all day with down runs