Let's play: Which Team Would You Pick?

vikingmoe02

i disagree with this after being at a few of these tourneys.  crap teams tend to remove skill advantages much more than great teams.  This is how i was eliminated from madison 8

Sobhi's right, I think. If you're terrible, muck it up. You're not stopping an elite player with an elite team. And terrible players don't know how to bomb well enough such that they can take advantage of, for instance, the Joe to Jerry garbage. Pick two terrible teams and let them do what they do best--lose games.

Edited by holzy11

I tried disentangling team talent from over 30,000 tpc games. Who is controlling the teams is by far more important than the teams used.

Even try to "subtract out" the player talent helped but still a ton of bias and small samples even with that many games. Not too mention some guys are just better with certain teams.

Its a fun thing to put on the site though.

You guys might be right as far as the underdog matchup. Its a tough call. I feel I get more stops and still score pretty easily with shit vs shit.

If the elite matchup is not the way to go for an underdog would think more elite guys would call those.

Ultimately bad luck can doom you regardless.

So, I've never met Mort. I just saw him featured in the NFL films Tecmo episode. Is he really that good? Or is he lucky? I've read some mixed reviews on these forums about him.

He's an elite tournament player.

My favorite match-up in which I don't think I have lost any

NYJ vs Pit

NYJ vs Dal

NYJ vs Phx

NYJ vs Atl

See a pattern? I thought I saw somewhere that the Jets only win 12.5% of the time? Jets are my favorite team, they match-up so well vs those 4 teams. I offered Kevin M (buzzsaw) NYJ vs Dal hoping he would choose Dal. He did, and I won 27-0. McMillan being able to JJ int Aikman is a big advantage.

that is a huge advantage and another i like nyj so much is if u can somehow get ur opponent to 3rd/4th and long and use clifton with his higher int rating giving u more passing coverage and primarily guess pass.  U get a 25 % chance of guessing right, and if not, u got another DB.  Very underrated offense as well.

Well played vs mort down 13-0 with the jets too

Well you havn't used him.......or you just don't know how.  Option 2 is what I'm guessing.

I have used him plenty, Tailback. Thanks for the judgemental insult towards my ability as well.

My point is that the only thing that makes Johnny Johnson different than any other 50ms RB in the game is his "white" pixelated pigmentation.

I have used him plenty, Tailback. Thanks for the judgemental insult towards my ability as well.

My point is that the only thing that makes Johnny Johnson different than any other 50ms RB in the game is his "white" pixelated pigmentation.

........oh, and the fact that he can catch, return punts, kicks, play tight end, tailback, fullback, & wide receiver exceptionally well???  Yeah.....you forgot to mention that.  That's what sets him apart from everybody else...not the skin tone.  And another thing...I really don't care if you agree with me or not. 

........oh, and the fact that he can catch, return punts, kicks, play tight end, tailback, fullback, & wide receiver exceptionally well???  Yeah.....you forgot to mention that.  That's what sets him apart from everybody else...not the skin tone.  And another thing...I really don't care if you agree with me or not. 

The "skin tone" thing was just a joke. Nothing more. Furthermore, any other 50ms RB in the game can do any of the things you just mentioned just as well if not better than Johnny Johnson.

It's probably a good thing that you don't care if I agree or not. Hopefully, you're just as apathetic when everybody else disagrees with you, too.

The "skin tone" thing was just a joke. Nothing more. Furthermore, any other 50ms RB in the game can do any of the things you just mentioned just as well if not better than Johnny Johnson.

It's probably a good thing that you don't care if I agree or not. Hopefully, you're just as apathetic when everybody else disagrees with you, too.

No they can't...that's my point.

Okay, he's earned it. It's time for a special Tailback King round (all PHX matchups).

Who do you pick?

PHX - NO

PHX - NYJ

PHX - PIT

PHX - MIN

Johnny Johnson vs. The World

I'iate new booty.....I'll play your game...I'm bored at work anyway.....

Phoenix when I'm using them would crush the Saints...their backers stats should be much better.  Once Johnson gets through that wall it's over.

If I'm playin an opponent with real skill...they 'should' beat Phx...The ball will bounce there way much more, plus the Giants simply overpower the Cards.

If Johnson tosses Woodson...thats it for Pitt...that will be the trend the whole game.  (so PHX)

Johnson vs Walker (another guy who seems to play above his stats).........Browner is in a great position to stop Johnny, & Millard is a headache.......this game would depend on which way the ball bounces........whoever turns it over the most.

Johnny vs the World...........................................................???  I'll have to go with Johnny....72 ta 2...DA CARDS.