Why isn't Michael Dean Perry in Tecmo Super Bowl?

Knobbe

During the 1990-1991 season, Michael Dean Perry was one of the best DTs in the league.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PerrMi00.htm

In fact, he was so popular in Cleveland that the local McDonalds had a MDP Burger....the regional Triple Big Mac.

It looked like he did have a holdout in 1991.

Did he also not have an agreement with the NFLPA?

Did that mean that instead of NT Browns they decided to just not include him from the game?

There are some niggling little roster details that would be sweet if they would answer them.

For example, what was the deadline for roster submission to get into the game? Babe Laufenberg was clearly not on the 1991 Dallas Cowboys; Aikman's backup was Buerlein, while Schroeder's backup on the Raiders was Todd Marinovich. 

Did the video examples the infamous Japanese programmers watch of the Browns only include nickel packages?

I'm sure there are way more than those two small examples. 

I always assumed he was.  Then again, I grew up with the SNES version and he's in that one (and I rarely use the Browns on the NES).

It's funny when people complain about the programmers of TSB asking "why is so-and-so so good/bad?"  However, your point is definitely a legitimate one since he was so good that year statistically.

When Jschminkey was looking for players that should have been included in the original, MDP was one of the first I noticed.  AFC DPOY in '89.  A Pro Bowler in '90.  Doesn't make any sense that he was exclued.

to paraphrase the manual, frank minnifield is almost unbeatable in man on man coverage

HA!  I just went back and read the manual.  The team write ups were clearly done before ratings were given.  Lots of incorrect info there...and they even mentioned some players who aren't in the game, such as NE DT Brent Williams.  Garin Veris must have been a late replacement. 

Got a few laughs reading it over...

"CHI Jim Harbaugh is one of the most accurate passers in the NFL"

After ratings were given, he was actually THE worst.

"No other RB possesses the speed, balance and acceleration of the Lion's Barry Sanders"

I think they are forgetting about someone....