Apple Valley, MN - 03/16/13 - Millards Mayhem I

8-bit

Ha, sweet man! The first player in each group can game

Tried to seperate groups evenly with power players. I hope everyone can make it, we have a full tournament :)

Edited by 8-bit

Excited for my 1st Tecmo Tourney tomorrow. 

So who are the ringers in this thing?

Adam in your group is a good player.  Luke C. is an excellent player and my pick to win it all.  Sobhi, Ed, and the Burkhardt boys can all play as well.

Wish I could have made it, hopefully next year.  Good luck everybody!

Adam in your group is a good player.  Luke C. is an excellent player and my pick to win it all.  Sobhi, Ed, and the Burkhardt boys can all play as well.

Wish I could have made it, hopefully next year.  Good luck everybody!

I played against Ed and Bill K. in the other MN tournament earlier this year. Very good players. Bill K. didn't lose a game that day until the final. I also played Jeremy S. online and he knows what he's doing (he's also a very nice guy for walking me through my first online tecmo experience).

My little brother, Trav G., is a pretty fast tapper (and there's nothing he hates more than losing to me lol).

I don't understand why you guys don't just put everyone in the single elimination tournament with only 30 people in it. Seems like it's a friendlier way IMO. But, I hope you guys have a great tournament!

Edited by vogtcd11

I don't understand why you guys don't just put everyone in the single elimination tournament with only 30 people in it. Seems like it's a friendlier way IMO. But, I hope you guys have a great tournament!

We like group play because we're able to seed the bracket. Also, we wanted everyone to have at least three games without having to do a tripple elimination style of tournament.

Thanks man, kinda nervous since its our first run at things. But all the players have been more than helpful with equipment and TVs.

I could only show up for a few hours, but I had a good time without even being in the tourney. Great job setting it up 8-Bit! Wish I could have met you personally and gotten involved, but it's probably for the best as I was feeling humbled by my quick Madison exit. Good time talking with MN guys and our training buddy Jesse had a nice showing. I'll be sure to watch out for Millard's Mayhem Part Deux...

if you did this after 25 minutes there would be 15 people done and going home after 1 game. the whole tournament would take 2 hours.

Edited by ryanr33fulcher

Sorry, no stream. Bdubs wouldn't secure the Internet and the available bandwidth wasn't enough.

Congrats to Bill K, Sobhi Y, and Kris S.

Thanks to everyone that came out, espically those who drove a long way.

I will update the website tomorrow evening with the bracket and scores.

dang can in play my games online? just had a radical idea (im sober too) online stations at an console tournanment....ill send the money via paypal lol.

I thought about this for madison, but the lag to me would have been too much of an issue for the guys who were there live

Dave sorry man, the wifi kept going in and out on my PC.

I had the setup

Dude, no sweat! The link in the T-Borg header was incorrect. It looked awesome though. EdGrams killing the tweet play by plays.