Jump to content
Maynard_G_Krebs

New Base NES ROM (32-Team Original TSB Gameplay)

Recommended Posts

The hacks would be from the rom buck just posted. The graphics would be of a ROM I modified of one of keithisgood's which I think is based off the same one buck posted for me. I redrew a few large helmets and didnt switch any of the pointers around. I know how to change the palettes so that won't be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. NFC West "Offense Preference" Bug

(when playing live, heavy pass does heavy rush)

x273B4 change to x20 xB6 x9F

SET(0x273b4, 0x20b69f)
 
2. NFC West "SIM" Bugs
x27479 to x2747B should be x20 xB6 x9F (this goes to cx_rom's written code for Team 1)
x27481 to x27483 should be x20 xB6 x9F (this goes to cx_rom's written code for Team 2)
SET(0x27479, 0x20b69f)

SET(0x27481, 0x20b69f)
x27FCE should be xE0 (this makes it compare team value correctly)
 
SET(0x27fce, 0xe0)
 
3. Player-2 Condition Fix

SET(0x30e55, 0x20809f)

SET(0x31f90, 0xa66ee46df00218603860)

 

*regarding offense SIM and SIM calculations, for the TE to be calculated properly with SIM values
(changed the byte at x175CB from 04 to 05, see http://tecmobowl.org...ata/#entry90243)
 

 

Just been thinking about this lately with it coming up in a league.

Is there any downside to dynamically applying this to all roms on the site? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't do that.  Just because.  And because there's a chance that something could go wrong for little-to-no gain.  


I would at least like to ask not to do it to buck roms.  (they probably don't need it, but I don't want them tweaked even if they do).


 


 




Is there any downside to dynamically applying this to all roms on the site? 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently editing qbviking's 2016 rom in an effort to teach myself how to set the uniforms in-game and on the action screens. I believe his edit is based off this rom so that's why I came here to ask this question. I am trying to set the uniforms for the NFC west to have more dark vs light uniform matchups. I found this note in the TSB Hacks thread:

 

Quote

 

32-TEAM ROM FIXES
32-Team ROM NFC West Locations

(The numbers in "()" are length per team and "[]" is total length for all 4 teams.)

  • 0x199C1 - Sim Data ($30)[$C0]
  • 0x23FF0 - Large Helmet Palettes ($08)[$20]
  • 0x27FDB - Run/Pass Ratio ($01)[$04]
  • 0x2CF82 - In-game Jersey Colors ($0A)[$28]
  • 0x348F7 - Action Sequence Palettes ($08)[$20]

 

 

I have all the NFC West teams set in TSBTool as the dark uniform as option 1 and the light uniform as option 2. As is known though, those changes don't take hold. So, if I am reading the quote above correctly it is then possible to set the uniforms as I see fit with a hex editor, correct? And if so, what exactly are the notes telling me? From what I can tell it's going to involve some hex code. Is there something I missed on this forum that answers this and the in's and outs on how to accomplish this? 

Edited by SBlueman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SBlueman said:

I have all the NFC West teams set in TSBTool as the dark uniform as option 1 and the light uniform as option 2. As is known though, those changes don't take hold. So, if I am reading the quote above correctly it is then possible to set the uniforms as I see fit with a hex editor, correct? And if so, what exactly are the notes telling me? From what I can tell it's going to involve some hex code. Is there something I missed on this forum that answers this and the in's and outs on how to accomplish this? 

1


Head to the Hacking Documentation thread and perform one page scroll. You will find what you seek.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that it is possible, as is, for the NFC West teams to be able to actually use their "2nd" uniform (on-field, that is).  If it is possible, it is news to me.

Edited by buck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, davefmurray said:


Head to the Hacking Documentation thread and perform one page scroll. You will find what you seek.

 

 

It's amazing all the stuff the coders here have found and been able to edit. Looks like I have some catching up to do. Last time I released a season rom was in 2004. It's like a whole new world. Truly awesome stuff happening on this forum. Glad to see the tecmo community strong and growing.

 

35 minutes ago, buck said:

I don't think that it is possible, as is, for the NFC West teams to be able to actually use their "2nd" uniform (on-field, that is).  If it is possible, it is news to me.

Gotcha. Looks like it'll end up being more about minimizing the uniform clashes. I will be limited to what I can control in TSBTool. With that you can set what uniform to wear against the 49ers and Rams but not the Seahawks and Cardinals. The only thing I can edit is what uniform is option1 and 2 for the NFC West teams. Some matchups will end up clashing...oh well. 

 

So what does this part of the 32-team rom fixes mean? What can/can't be done with this:

 

Quote

32-TEAM ROM FIXES
32-Team ROM NFC West Locations

(The numbers in "()" are length per team and "[]" is total length for all 4 teams.)

  • 0x2CF82 - In-game Jersey Colors ($0A)[$28]
  • 0x348F7 - Action Sequence Palettes ($08)[$20]

 

Edited by SBlueman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SBlueman said:

I wanted to share an updated base rom with the Rams helmets updated for 2017

1

 

Thanks. Added to download section and updated threads.

 

Also, @Maynard_G_Krebs & @buck put in a ton of work on this ROM too. They also deserve the praise. Thanks, gentlemen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@davefmurray....can you upload this file instead. I didn't realize it until @gojiphen malor caught it but the rom I uploaded had other hacks applied to it (no sprite flicker, song randomizer, etc.). The attached file is the correct file with just graphical changes to the Rams helmets.

 

 

base2017update.nes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buck said:

thanks for the base rom 2017 update, whoever did the graphics and stuff!!!  I didn't even realize it'd been updated for 2017.  

@keithisgood and @bruddog were the brains behind the updated rom, I just edited as per their instructions that they were so generous to share. The rom isn't totally up to date though as @oilertitanfan pointed out:

If there's any Tecmo guru's who know how to update the Browns and Lions helmets it would kick ass for everyone. I am reading up and trying to learn what to do but props to people who have edited helmets, it's a convoluted mess to figure out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SBlueman said:

 

If there's any Tecmo guru's who know how to update the Browns and Lions helmets it would kick ass for everyone. I am reading up and trying to learn what to do but props to people who have edited helmets, it's a convoluted mess to figure out!

 

SET(0x23DA4,0xXX) Browns Facemask Bar Outline
SET(0x23DA5,0xXX) Browns Facemack Bar

SET(0x23E24,0xXX) Lions Facemask Bar Outline
SET(0x23E25,0xXX) Lions Facemack Bar

Edited by gojiphen malor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy sweet mother of pearl, that did the trick! Now all that's left to edit are the facemasks on the mini-helmets and the stripe and logo on the Lions uniform and it'll be up to date! Thanks so much @gojiphen malor!

 

Here's an updated base rom with the Browns and Lions big helmet facemasks updated:

 

base2017update.nes

 

Screenshots:

 

base2017update.png

base2017update1.png

Edited by SBlueman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more update, here's the update with the Lions logo updated with a blue outline:

 

base2017update - Copy.nes

base2017update - Copy.png

 

So what's left now is:

1. Lions large helmet needs the stripes edited. Make the blue grey and the black blue.

2. Browns small helmet facemask from white to brown

3. Lions small helmet facemask from black to grey

Edited by SBlueman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SBlueman said:

One more update, here's the update with the Lions logo updated with a blue outline:

 

base2017update - Copy.nes

base2017update - Copy.png

 

So what's left now is:

1. Lions large helmet needs the stripes edited. Make the blue grey and the black blue.

2. Browns small helmet facemask from white to brown

3. Lions small helmet facemask from black to grey

 

Looking good but noticed the face mask got darker in this update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oilertitanfan said:

 

Looking good but noticed the face mask got darker in this update?

 

Here we go, sorry about that:

base2017update - Copy.nes

 

base2017update - Copy1.png

 

With that done, all that's left is changing the facemasks on the small helmets for the Browns and Lions!

Edited by SBlueman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa, @gojiphen malor is on a friggin' roll! I went with SET(0x23E23,0x10) to match the helmet's grey, here's another update:

 

base2017update - Copy.nes

 

base2017update - Copy1.png

 

All that is left to do now is edit the small facemasks for the Browns and Lions and I think we'll be all done with a proper 2017 update!

Edited by SBlueman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SBlueman said:

All that is left to do now is edit the small facemasks for the Browns and Lions and I think we'll be all done with a proper 2017 update!

 

I see the facemasks in YYCHR, but they're not as easy to decipher as the logos are. It looks like teams share them?

If this is the case, it will change other team's facemasks also obviously :(

Edited by gojiphen malor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×