New York Jets Offense

jschminkey28

Anyone else think that the jets are underrated in this game? I love the running back tandem of thomas and mcneil i can usually have them both over 1000 yards on my juiced mode seasons not to mention how awesome moore and al toon are. Defense isnt all that good though byrd and mcmillan are pretty much the defense, anyone else love using the  jets?

funny you say that i've used the jets multiple times in live tournaments because i do believe they're a little underrated.  however they do lack play-makers on offense.  toon is nice but still not a burner.  eason is just good enough to lose games and they're 44ms rb combo is hit or miss.  if bird and clifton were at lb3 and lb4 they'd be a much better team.  mcmillan is at a good spot at db3 but he's not an elite db by any strectch

They can put up points, but there 'D' isn't very good.  Like you mentioned, they have Dennis Byrd & Audrey McMillan, but that defense as a whole isn't gonna stop anybody late in the season, or against real comp.  You should try returning kicks with Blair Thomas.  He got me over 1600 yrds & 7 td's one year in that catagory.  Also trying using Brad Baxter around the goal line & short yardage situations...he seems to play above his stats and also seems to stay in EXELLENT if he's used a lot...One season he got me 52 rushing touchdowns...that's great for any player.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Good tips tailback king! I like swapping blair for baxter because for some reason since i was 7 years old and first got this game i always liked freeman mcneil and he was a decent back in his day but baxter for blair anytime.

Yo........Eric Dickerson was, and still is one one of my favorite players......Check out my post about him in the TECMO BOWL forum.

Good tips tailback king! I like swapping blair for baxter because for some reason since i was 7 years old and first got this game i always liked freeman mcneil and he was a decent back in his day but baxter for blair anytime.

I always liked Freeman McNeil and thought he got jobbed on his rating here.

• 1 month later...

The Jets are sneaky good IMO. Having essentially equal backs in Thomas and Hector, it gives you some flexibility with your playbook. The defense is poor outside of Byrd, McMillan, and Clifton, but you can make it work with those guys if you have skill. Clifton is great in coverage with his 50 INT rating (rivaled only by Gary Reasons among LBs).

Tadaos: Do you always use Eason over O'Brien? Or only with condition changes?

I usually like the lineup of mcneil and hector personally i also like using obrien over eason i dont know why i just do

O'brien has better ps and pc than Eason, so O'Brien is a no brainer to me. Blair Thomas is the best overall back the Jets have in terms of pure attributes. Hector has one notch higher ms but one notch lower rec than Mcneil. Perhaps a toss up there - play whomever is in better condition?

They actually rated the Jets RB's just right based on statistics...  This taken from my thread here

One really interesting factoid to me--- The Jets were literally a 4 headed RB tandem. Brad Baxter, Blair Thomas, Freeman McNeil and Johnny Hector had 124, 123, 99 and 91 carries in 1990. They all averaged over 4.1 YPC. I've never heard of this before or since!

I agree i like mathis too hes good at kick returning i feel like obrien hurts the offense though if that was the ken obrien of say 86 or 87 he would of been a stud unfortunately he was a shell of him former self.

Kick returning speed is based on the Max Speed of the right tackle.

If you have someone with 88+ HP this is the best player to have because you can popcorn some guys if you run into them.

You might get a little more burst using the player with the highest RS

Kick returning speed is based on the Max Speed of the right tackle.

If you have someone with 88+ HP this is the best player to have because you can popcorn some guys if you run into them.

You might get a little more burst using the player with the highest RS

hey, when it comes to kick returning, "blind confidence and mojo" perhaps mean more than RS and HP.

I got a very difficult record with Al Toon about 5 years ago. (I have it written in GOLD in my official record book...which one day I'll share when I have the time, and remember to bring it ta work)  He got 21 TD's in his first 21 attempts!!!  It kinda just happened...My old record was 13 with Johnny Bailey of Chicago, but once Toon passed that, I thought o myself the sky 's the limit.  He was in EXCELLENT condition most of that year if recall correctly, and was abolutley unstoppable.  What's even more impressive is that most of those TD's were for more than 50 yards...I remember Toon leaping, diving, and just flat out OUT PLAYING his defender...........I think that was the same year I had 52 TD's with Brad Baxter, & over 1,500 yrds and 9 TD's kick returning with Blair Thomas.......That was a hell of a fun year......and YES, The Jets won the Superbowl.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I don't find the Jets offense to be light's out, nor the tandem of McNeil and Thomas to be particularly explosive.

I enjoy moreso the LB tandem of Byrd and Clifton. One can buzz around and make tackles, the other can go back and snag a pick or 2.

After being eliminated in my tournament game with the Jets against the Lions, I feel inclined to practice more with the Jets and mine what they have to offer.