Tecmo Bowl Strategy Guides?

Tecmo Pro

Hey I recendly decided I wanted to start playing Tecmo Bowl competitively but I still consider myself a noob as I didn't really get to play it a lot as a child. Can you make some good recommendations for strategy guides? Tutorails, Podcasts, Videos?

Here's the best I've found so far but I'm hoping for more.

/>http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/tecmo-bowl-strategy.html
/>http://tecmobowl.org/topic/10710-beginners-guide-to-competitive-tsb-nes-play/

Leif Powers information is a bit outdated and a small amount of it is incorrect. Leif has the best there is right now but it doesn't do justice to competitive online gameplay.

Experience is the biggest thing but there are a ton of nuances that you need to learn to just be an above average player. If you can pick someone's brain then you'd be ahead of the curve.

Hey I recendly decided I wanted to start playing Tecmo Bowl competitively but I still consider myself a noob as I didn't really get to play it a lot as a child. Can you make some good recommendations for strategy guides? Tutorails, Podcasts, Videos?

Which game specifically are you talking about, Tecmo Bowl for the NES, Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES, or a different one.

Since Tecmo called them all "Tecmo Bowl" it can be a bit confusing

Which game specifically are you talking about, Tecmo Bowl for the NES, Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES, or a different one.

Since Tecmo called them all "Tecmo Bowl" it can be a bit confusing

Well Both. Right now I'm starting wit Tecmo Bowl NES then once I feel I've got solid at it I'm going to move on to Tecmo Super Bowl since that seems to be the one people play the most. I have the NES and SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl.

For those interested, I made a detailed thread with the most comprehensive strategies for Pass and Run defense schemes in Tecmo Bowl.

That can be found here --> http://tecmobowl.org...strategy-guide/

Thanks this looks great! I eventually want to move on to Tecmo Super Bowl but my theory is that Tecmo Bowl has a smaller learning curve and if I can get a good grip on it then the learning Tecmo Super Bowl won't be that big of a jump.

Edited by shwisha

Thanks this looks great! I eventually want to move on to Tecmo Super Bowl but my theory is that Tecmo Bowl has a smaller learning curve and if I can get a good grip on it then the learning Tecmo Super Bowl won't be that big of a jump.

I'm not really privy to TSB strategies, but I'm not sure if they are more complex or not. Its my understanding that people like to call run plays on defense a lot and just take their chances against the pass.

Totally different game. More plays and players, totally different strategies. Also original rom TSB is totally different from league play.

So most online leagues use Tecmo Super Bowl 2013? It seems that most offline leagues use Super Tecmo Bowl NES right?

No league uses TSB 2013 specifically though some might use a current season rom. There are a wide variety of teams and even moving the original players to different positions changes the game a little.