Team Control - MAN/SKP/COA/COM Refrence

TheRaj

Hello again :)

So I have made several changes to the Rom and was trying to change how teams are accessed in the Team Control window. Here is my code below

ORIGINAL CODE (x325BF)

00 05 09 01 06 0A 02 07 0B 03 08 0C 04 00 0D 0E 13 18 0F 14 19 10 15 1A 11 16 1B 12 17 00

MODIFIED CODE (x325BF)

02 06 0A 03 07 0B 04 08 0C 05 09 0D 00 00 00 0E 12 16 0F 13 17 10 14 18 11 15 19 00 00 00

So this code allows me to change which team is selectable from the Team Control menu. For example my modified code makes it so that MIA is the first team, The problem I am having is when I use my Modified Code and then go into Team Control and click the SKP option beside the first team (which is MIA) the SKP option for the team 3 spots down (where MIA use to be) alters instead of the SKP beside MIA.

So before I try to set the first team to MAN my team control screen looks like this:

MIA

-skp

N.E.

-skp

JETS

-skp

But when I try to change MIA to man it instead changes JETS like this:

MIA

-skp

N.E.

-skp

JETS

-man

I know there has to be a pointer or a reference marker for that field, esp since it needs to place the skp/man field down so I'm thinking it will be a reference like the team was.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

x3292F:

E6 20 26 21 66 21 A6 21 E6 21 F0 20 30 21 70 21 B0 21 FA 20 3A 21 7A 21 BA 21 FA 21 66 22 A6 22 E6 22 26 23 66 23 70 22 B0 22 F0 22 30 23 70 23 7A 22 BA 22 FA 22 3A 23

Ok so this looks alot different then the other text placement locations I have worked with in the past. I'm gonna mess with in in hex tonight but do you have any tips on how it places the text?

x3292F:

E6 20 26 21 66 21 A6 21 E6 21 F0 20 30 21 70 21 B0 21 FA 20 3A 21 7A 21 BA 21 FA 21 66 22 A6 22 E6 22 26 23 66 23 70 22 B0 22 F0 22 30 23 70 23 7A 22 BA 22 FA 22 3A 23

Ok so this looks alot different then the other text placement locations I have worked with in the past. I'm gonna mess with in in hex tonight but do you have any tips on how it places the text?

Its basic NES PPU Locations. $2000 is top left, $201F is top right, $23A0 is bottom left, $23BF is bottom right. Each x01 is one space left and each x20 is one space down.

BUF = E6 20 ($20E6) IND = 26 21 ($2126) etc.

Its basic NES PPU Locations. $2000 is top left, $201F is top right, $23A0 is bottom left, $23BF is bottom right. Each x01 is one space left and each x20 is one space down.

BUF = E6 20 ($20E6) IND = 26 21 ($2126) etc.

This worked perfectly :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

JSTOUT Thx for that locations!!, But, how did you manage to move cursors the way it should? (because if you wanted to add a team "below" Steelers= 5 teams in AFC CENTRAL, when your cursor points the JETS, and you push "RIGHT"pad it still goes to SEAHAWKS location, and viceversa, ignoring the "NEW TEAM ADDITION" in the middle) (I think this happens in every "MINI HELMET" menu), I made a total different array of teams, in order to have 15 teams in AFC, as I wanted, but since "PRESEASON" & "TEAM CONTROL" menus, have a different team alingment than "TEAM DATA", the starting pointer of them are different, because of this "original cursor order" to still be logical. Not to mention all the mess it does to the TEAM RANKINGS, and NFL STANDINGS (again, in order to keep a logical order).

For my hack I wanted to have 24 teams, so I decided to removed BUF, IND, N.O., and ATL. That way the AFC and NFC would still have equal number teams. I used the following (http://tecmobowl.org/topic/7850-removing-teams-from-the-menu/#p126299) to remove those teams. Sure those teams still exist, but they were no longer visible or clickable.

-NFL Standings don't matter if a team doesn't PLAY so I just removed the 4 teams from the schedule. So if a team or player never sees play they will never be listed in these menus. Just need to find out how to change how many teams are in each conference.

-Team Rankings bugged me for a long moment. Basically I had to change the size of the AFC and NFC. I original used this (http://tecmobowl.org/topic/13118-leaders-screen/) for some of that information but found it was there but confusing. I re-wrote what they said in that thread and this is the cheat sheet I used for the Team Rankings:

X2397c change from 00 0E to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and where yy = 1 plus the number of teams in both leagues)

X23980 change from 00 0E to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and where yy = 1 plus the last team in the afc)

X23985 change from 0E 1C to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and yy = 1 plus the last team in the nfc)

X23989 change from 00 0E to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and where yy = 1 plus the number of teams in both league)

X2398B change from 00 0E to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and where yy = 1 plus the last team in the afc)

X23990 change from 0E 1C to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and yy = 1 plus the last team in the nfc)

Since I removed the first 2 NFC teams and the last 2 AFC teams this was very easy and now when I look at the Team Rankings I show 24 teams, and when I look at the NFC/AFC they only show 12 teams :) This also will change the split for NFL Leaders if used correctly.

Hope that helps :)

JSTOUT Thx for that locations!!, But, how did you manage to move cursors the way it should? (because if you wanted to add a team "below" Steelers= 5 teams in AFC CENTRAL, when your cursor points the JETS, and you push "RIGHT"pad it still goes to SEAHAWKS location, and viceversa, ignoring the "NEW TEAM ADDITION" in the middle) (I think this happens in every "MINI HELMET" menu), I made a total different array of teams, in order to have 15 teams in AFC, as I wanted, but since "PRESEASON" & "TEAM CONTROL" menus, have a different team alingment than "TEAM DATA", the starting pointer of them are different, because of this "original cursor order" to still be logical. Not to mention all the mess it does to the TEAM RANKINGS, and NFL STANDINGS (again, in order to keep a logical order).

Oh. I see now!, but for example, here is what I did in order to keep the "cursor path" logical in my MOD. I "switched" all the first row in AFC,(BUF - CIN - DEN) to the last NFC one (DAL - T.B - * ) "removing it", then just move all teams in AFC to an "upper" position, but "removed" SEA. and it looks like this now:

photo-9389.gif?t=86805171?t=69586767

This ROM is a BIG10 conference, and a 15 teams NATIONAL conference (25 team game)

Since BUF is still the first team, (in PRESEASON menu) the cursor's startpoint appears over BUF. (which is now a NFC team). But it keeps the logical path of the cursor (since I only switched first and last rows)

All of this mess was because I only wanted to add a 15th team to a conference, having 5 teams per division. How can you achieve this?, leaving the cursor-path "logical", on every screen menu involving the Mini Helmets??? ( by logical I mean that if you press your "right-pad", the cursor goes a team to the right. if you press "down", it moves the cursor a team down).

I dont remember quite right, but I think you cant "just add" a team on AFC-Central, nor WEST-NFC, pretending you have filled that "blank" with this team youve put in, because the cursor has already a designed order to follow. How can you MODIFY these orders then???

The problem is this: When you want to "put" a team in a "blank" (AFC central/ NFC western) first thing you might try, is to set the cursor to stop at any of these points (below PIT, or below ATL). So you go to the offsets corresponding to these "arrow-cursors" and "add" some "coords" for the cursor to stop. (these spaces are marked with the "FF FF" coords, so they can be "unreachable", or sthing like that). Then, after adding these coords, you can go to the menu youve modified, and actually see how the cursor (arrow-pointer) lands on a "spot" where a team could be selected ( cursor stays right over there just "flashing"). Then you obviously press the "A" button, and the team that you get is the BILLS. (in team data menu you can have 3 "spots" where the BILLS roster can be opened from). But I know (because I have a ROM I messed around with) that you can have any other team to be selectable at least in the "TEAM DATA" menu. (Because somehow this ROM I made has the same Rosters on EASTERN AFC, and NFC.) If you select BUF, it opens the WAS roster. if you select IND, it shows the GIA TEAM DATA. Select MIA, and it shows PHI. but if you open any of EAST-NFC team data, they're all correct, showing the correspondig Roster.

For this I'm certain that in TEAM DATA menu, you can "assign" a value (corresponding to a specific team) to each "coords.", so that you can have the team you want, to be "reached" from any spot you like.

So, Where are these offset locations? (I just cant find them on my notes) and, Arent there some similar assignments for the PRESEASON, and TEAM CONTROL menus???

Sorry man havn't been online but yeah you found it. I think the Preseason one starts at 325BF. If thats not it search for "00 05 09 01 06 0A 02 07 0B" as that is the start of the code used.

Found them: 22C36 - 22C53 [offset] (uses "order"), ***This is for "Team Data" menu*** (http://tecmobowl.org...-from-the-menu/) Now I hope I can find the PRESEASON locations.

That was right : at x325BF starts the locations for the TEAM CONTROL, and at x22C13 the PRESEASON.

Hey man, could you please tell if the team abbr. (TEXT) shown in these Mini helmet menus have a coords. table?, because I only see that the minihelmets have one. (I think they follow that same order, because of the info. at x1F8B5, but I just cant figure it out what does the offsets at x1E943 - x1E960 control exactly)

RE: paste a fucking image

1. hit "more reply options" button

2. go down to attach a file, select the file (image in your case)

3. click "attach this file"

4. click "add to post" and the image will be placed in the post,on the line where your cursor is

pambazos88

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

BTW HOW CAN YOU PASTE A FUCKING IMAGE IN THESE POSTS?????

post-5602-0-35228200-1356059592_thumb.jp