3rd Annual Lincoln, Nebraska Tecmo Tournament Jan 19th, 2013

Knobbe

WR or TE at RB: A WR is at RB only if, upon accessing the starting lineup/change screen, the WR appears in a RB slot (as opposed to a WR slot). This is prohibited. WRs that remain in a WR slot may, however, carry the football. This comes into play with teams having only 1 RB slot, such as the Lions, Chargers, Cardinals, Oilers, Falcons, and Redskins. When selecting matchups, therefore, be aware that Ricky Sanders and Earnest Givins can carry the football on plays in which they remain in a WR slot (i.e. offset I and toss up).

so, is this an accurate interpretation of this rule?:

1. these teams (DET,SD,PHX,HOU,ATL,WAS) can use the default WR (as a running back) only if they use the "RB2-type" plays?

and

2. can't use TE at RB1 or RB2

so, is this an accurate interpretation of this rule?:

1. these teams (DET,SD,PHX,HOU,ATL,WAS) can use the default WR (as a running back) only if they use the "RB2-type" plays?

and

2. can't use TE at RB1 or RB2

Yes. You also can't do something like run Andre Rison at RB2

Bringing my original Tecmo talents to this thing. Matt, I can assume, my app went through alright? Guess we'll see how the transitive properties work out from exclusively playing TB to playing TSB.

Rumor has it i can throw to a covered WR and not have it intercepted in TSB? :cool: Wow....

I'm going to be looking for some guys to get together for a R.B.I. Baseball tourney in Omaha, so I'll be doing some recruiting for that.

Bringing my original Tecmo talents to this thing. Matt, I can assume, my app went through alright? Guess we'll see how the transitive properties work out from exclusively playing TB to playing TSB.

Rumor has it i can throw to a covered WR and not have it intercepted in TSB? :cool: Wow....

I'm going to be looking for some guys to get together for a R.B.I. Baseball tourney in Omaha, so I'll be doing some recruiting for that.

there's also a rumor that a wide open WR can drop a pass. and you can't run through other grappling players. and there's fumbling, too!

Edited by buck

Awesome man, it will be nice to finally meet you.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of people there who also play RBI

On Monday January 14th I'll find out if a former NFL player and Tecmo Super Bowl member will show up at the event.

I don't want to post his name now in case he cannot make it.

Either way I'll post that and whether he's coming the Monday before the game.

Knobbe, have you given any thought about changing the WR at RB rule given that the Madison rules are changing this year?  Just curious...

yeah I've thought about it....I've never been a fan of that anyway so I probably will

Knobbe, in terms of the Madison rule on WR/RB, I have to say I'm confused by it. So basically if you are Wash/Atl, you cannot run offset I playbook unless you put a RB in at WR1? Doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe I'm just not understanding the rule.

Yes.

No. Chet will not be receiving 2nd place this year.

Damnit Godfather, and damn your tournament! Let me see where i'm at mid-week work-wise and I'll let you know my intentions. Those Nebraska guys are gonna have to explain how they let a Bielema-led Badger team roll in the Big Ten Championship game, thereby making me endure yet another Rose Bowl loss. I was actually rooting for Nebraska so we wouldn't again be embarrassed in Rose Bowl.  

Damnit Godfather, and damn your tournament! Let me see where i'm at mid-week work-wise and I'll let you know my intentions. Those Nebraska guys are gonna have to explain how they let a Bielema-led Badger team roll in the Big Ten Championship game, thereby making me endure yet another Rose Bowl loss. I was actually rooting for Nebraska so we wouldn't again be embarrassed in Rose Bowl.  

Be aware that Bielema's calf belongs to Hawkeye nation.