TSB1 SNES ROM Resource Thread

TecmoTurd

I get asked now and again by people for SNES info, so I thought I'd create a thread with a good starting off point:

1. Documentation - I've compiled a ton of information over the years. This link contains a color table guide, along with some other windows programs for working with color
  2. ROM 1 - TSB with generic endzones (I think this was bgboud2's doing, I hope I'm giving the right guy credit). Attached to this post
  3. ROM 2 - TSBHD - adds another color (as noted in the color table guide) for socks. The guides the default sock color if you ever want to reset it. Attached to this post

** I've also included a file with the generic endzones and "HD" graphics merged...

TSBHD.zip

Generic Endzones.zip

TSB HD (Generic).zip

Edited by TecmoTurd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

mr. Turd, I have found your resource at "http://snes.tecmosuperbowl.net/docs/teamcolors.php?t=0", thank you.  

has anyone ever automated this team-uniform/endzone editing process (TOOL Supreme doesn't seem to do that)?  or will I need to go in by hand or whatever and change the colors?

I am shooting for a simple 2013 SNES NFL rom this year, a first for me.

Buck, gotta go in and change the colors manually. I have a few tools for aiding, but nothing automated. There is a generic end zone ROM leeway did a few years back that changed all the end zones to say tecmo so you just edit the colors.

Lastly, you should definitely use the HD version posted above so you can apply the sock color for certain teams. Looking forward to your ROM. Any quesris, let me know.

Buck, here's some of the info I have.  Not all of it has been transferred from my google docs notebook.  One thing you might consider is the game speed location...you can make the SNES play a little faster as I know slow speed was one of your beefs...

A while back I asked jstout to look into removing cutscenes but he said there was something that prevented us from doing that.

https://www.evernote.com/pub/tjans79/snestsb#b=8c008cda-9c8d-45a4-8022-c1cf0e245feb&st=p&n=a6d2a08b-e777-4093-987d-6ac476620203

Let me know when you update this information from your old Google Notes account, TecmoTurd. I'd be happy to more predominately list some of it it in a newly pinned SNES resource thread. You've done a great job with this.

MGK, I've pulled in all my old notes from my google doc notebook and included the link in the top post.

Buck, one more thing, the STUE uniform editor included above will break if you have custom colors for your uniforms.  It has some nice quick and dirty color sets, but you'll get a crisper looking ROM if you use the real colors.  What I always did was go to wikipedia for the team and using a color picker tool (http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/) I would grab the color and get its R, G, and B values, and then input it into my SNES Color Converter tool I wrote (provided in the zip above) to get the SNES hex color. Then, just use SNESPal to aplly that to the ROM...your uniforms will really pop...

If I was active in SNES these days, I'd write a tool that let you put in an HTML hex color and have it convert it to SNES color directly, and allow the user to select which SNES palette (team1helmetdark, team1_endzone_snow, etc) and write it to the ROM to save time.

So many projects.

Edited by TecmoTurd

turd, thanks a lot for throwing all of this together.  freaking goldmine.

I will keep it simple for now, and original style for the most part, with the exception of a few basic hacks (enhancements), I think.

A while back I asked jstout to look into removing cutscenes but he said there was something that prevented us from doing that.

I was able to "skip" (screen goes black quickly) certain cutscreens in NES version (for newest "street" TSB).  I was also able to modify certain screens to cut them off quicker.  however, that was using that NES emulator that has the code-logger and built-in hex editor, which is pretty much how I hack these days - on the fly.  

so it's probably possible to do the same with the SNES TSB, but having to do it caveman style with non-realtime hex editing is too much for me at this time.

Edited by buck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I just may be your guy on this one then. I have some free time coming up around November, I just might be able to have something for you guys. Also I looked through some of your documents TecmoTurd and I like what you have. Very well put together. So I hope to have something for you guys when the next nfl season starts. So that way you can have a double impact with your nes version as well as a Snes version :)