Sign in to follow this  
kamphuna8

1986 Playoffs and beyond - SEMIS and CONSOLTN 'Ship released

OK Just like 1985, we will have a consolation tourney and a play-in game for the last playoff spot.

Consolation tourney and play - in game will be released soon, hopefully today if the last game of the season is in.

Play in game for the 6th seed is between Memphis and Tampa Bay.

Playoff seeds are

Byes

1. USFLPANTHERS Michigan Panthers 15-3 (O'Dell)

2. GENERALS New Jersey Generals 15-3 (DynastyDegeorge) (MICH head to head win)

#6 (Play in winner Memphis SHOWBOATS or Tampa Bay BANDITS ) @ #3 Houston Gamblers GAMBLERS 13-4 (GorillaBrav)

#5 Philadelphia Stars STARS 9-8 (tecmobrowns) @ #4 Denver Gold GOLD 12-6 (Timbone)

Consolation Tourney

Byes

7. (Play in game loser)

8. Birmingham Stallions STALLIONS 7-11 (Elway)

#12 Boston Breakers BREAKERS 4-14 (Gonickmontana) @ #9 Jacksonville Bulls BULLS 6-12 (shinybehiny)

#11 Arizona Wranglers WRANGLERS 5-13 (baxterbear) @ #10 LA Express EXPRESS 5-13 (Manyo)

First postseason rom release is due soon. I will hold off for today (or at least til tonight) and hopefully we get that game played today. As for the future, the USFL will be going to an HSTL style drafting of players. There are more players on teams on the rom that are not used by our league, but I would like to include them. I'm open to ideas on how to best implement this and will post shortly. The goal I have for this league is mainly fun and learning and appreciation for the players and teams of the original USFL.

As for the future, it sounds like you want the USFL to be a simple league (un-WTF-like)..... so an idea is we could do a circuit style of schedule, so there's only the one ROM, no worries about alignments or injuries and the like, just a series of deadlines to get "x" number of games in or be replaced, teams with the most wins go to the playoffs, etc.

If you wanted to make it more complex, you could incorporate a "keeper" system, of which there are many varieties, from simple to complex, but basically each team could identify a keeper (or more than 1) each year, and then redraft all the other players on their team.

OK Round 2 Playoff Rom has been released.

In Real Postseason,

#6 Memphis Showboats SHOWBOATS @ #3 Houston Gamblers GAMBLERS 13-4 (GorillaBrav)

#5 Philadelphia Stars STARS 9-8 (tecmobrowns) @ #4 Denver Gold GOLD 12-6 (Timbone)

Consolation Semifinals

#9 Jacksonville Bulls BULLS 6-12 (shinybehiny) @ #8 Birmingham Stallions STALLIONS 7-11 (Elway)

#10 LA Express EXPRESS 5-13 (Manyo) @ #7 Tampa Bay Bandits BANDITS 8-10 (Kamphuna8)