Sign in to follow this  
kamphuna8

USFL Homework

Before we fire up season 2, help identify any inaccuracies in terms of the players pics on the rom. Example, QB Johnnie Walton for Boston and MVP Candidate WR Jim Smith of the Baltimore, ahem, Birmingham Stallions are not "ethnically accurate" on the rom itself. These can be checked out on the phile. At least do your own team for this season, and if you feel especially diligent, knock out the team you had for season 1. Shiny and Steeno got that part easy. Holla!

I blame the commish ;)

Yeah, those were totally my bad. A little overzealous to get the inaugural season started, and I kinda assumed the base rom had those correct. Those guys were studs...

Haha, just playing with you man, those are in reality very minor things and it really should be up to the owners of the teams to have accurate faces/races if they really want them. The ratings are the only thing that matters with the players and those are awesome and are the reason why I wanted to be a part of this league.

Haha, just playing with you man, those are in reality very minor things and it really should be up to the owners of the teams to have accurate faces/races if they really want them. The ratings are the only thing that matters with the players and those are awesome and are the reason why I wanted to be a part of this league.

Well, as this league has a sense of nostalgia to it too, I'm on the side of getting these guys accurate on this rom. Since we use Dynastyphile, we can't change names or faces once the season is started, and I do want to get these right. The ratings can be changed once the season is started (no need to). So I feel it is important to get this fixed now. This league is a testament to the real USFL and it's awesome story and characters. Thus I want it to be accurate in that way ( as I spent a shit ton of time to getting the players ratings accurate, in relative to all the other players) We just got our 12th owner so as soon as we get these rosters fixed up, 1986 is jumping off!

yikes! homework! haha

I will try to fix my new team Denver Gold hopefully this weekend, but we are moving so not sure how far I will get.

I'm sure there are plenty of websites out there that have old USFL football cards on them, below is one that I found with a quick search when I was looking for Chuck "21 INT" Clanton who btw was also doing his version of Michael Jackson this past season.

One of 3 Stallions with League MVP credentials.

Note: QB Cliff Stoudt was/is white.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gumballkin ... 827106906/

OK, at the risk of sounding like a total racist ass here... since this ROM was obviously just copied from the original and therefore totally RANDOM in regards to ethnicity, how about we just change the entire ROM to black then maybe change the QBs to white and we should be ALMOST all set. sorry, was that out of line? well fuck me Birmingham...