List of errors in TSB II

ash

I know there was a discussion about errors in the rosters of TSB II, and in the middle of my completion of the rosters for the 90's, I'm finding errors, so I'm going to start a list.

Atlanta-

#40 A. Wallace... I can't find an A. Wallace anywhere.

Pats-

I believe K Patriots is Scott Sisson.

Steelers/Bucs-

Hardy Nickerson is on the Bucs instead of the Steelers

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why K-Mart isn't there. In fact, it befuddles me. Someone get a hold of him and find out....

I believe you're right about Sisson. Matt Bahr also kicked for them that year. Sisson was probably a replacement. Since the Pats sucked, he probably didn't lose the diamond out of an AFC championship ring or kidnap Drew Bledsoe and the New England Patriot in a diabolical revenge scheme.

Hardy Nickerson was the Bucs only pro bowl rep of 93. Did they trade him in season or during.

What position does A. Wallace play?

Rod,

A. Wallace (#40) is in the 3rd WR spot... which in the Run and Shoot is the 4th RB. The first site I used (http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/standings.nsf/Seasons/1993) has Nickerson on PIT... but it seems you are correct on that one.

Another fun error (as I'm working on this rom, you find 'em), Yancey Thigpen isn't in TBS II or III... and as with Dickerson in TSB, there isn't a RB Colts or WR Steelers. Curious if we've ever solved that mystery...

Yancey Thigpen didn't get much PT in 1994. Thus it's not suprising he's not in TSB III, which would have been right before the 95 season when he broke out. It's very possible it was a suprise breakout.

As far as Dickerson goes, his all had to do with either contract disputes or NLFPA status.

• 10 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When trying to updated TSB II SNES I noticed 88 WR Patriots and had no clue who that was. I cross checked Pro Football Reference and the team did not have a fourth WR in 92' and also no number 88. (80 Fryar, 83 Timpson, and 86 McMurtry) But the game has a WR4 spot. When doing my editing I added no. 81 Walter Stanley in that 4 spot who is listed as a KR. I then noticed that if you don't edit the playbook the WR Patriots will not be in the game. So if I am not mistaken that means that the only time you can play as WR Patriots is when you choose the 92' Pats and choose to change the playbook to a playbook with a 4WR set. That seems like a crazy addition to a game to make a player up for a situation so unlikely to happen.

• 2 years later...

The biggest error in not just this game, but all of the Tecmos for the SNES, is having Ronnie Lott on the Jets and not the Raiders where he played out the final years of his career. 

If I ever learn how to do the roster hacks, I'll move Lott to the Raiders one day in these games and do a fix. 

On 10/15/2015 at 1:54 PM, hackiv said:

When trying to updated TSB II SNES I noticed 88 WR Patriots and had no clue who that was. I cross checked Pro Football Reference and the team did not have a fourth WR in 92' and also no number 88. (80 Fryar, 83 Timpson, and 86 McMurtry) But the game has a WR4 spot. When doing my editing I added no. 81 Walter Stanley in that 4 spot who is listed as a KR. I then noticed that if you don't edit the playbook the WR Patriots will not be in the game. So if I am not mistaken that means that the only time you can play as WR Patriots is when you choose the 92' Pats and choose to change the playbook to a playbook with a 4WR set. That seems like a crazy addition to a game to make a player up for a situation so unlikely to happen.

If you are playing with the 1993 season, I believe 80 WR Patriots is supposed to be Troy Brown. 

• 11 months later...
On 11/5/2017 at 1:58 AM, _DEBERG said:

The biggest error in not just this game, but all of the Tecmos for the SNES, is having Ronnie Lott on the Jets and not the Raiders where he played out the final years of his career. 

If I ever learn how to do the roster hacks, I'll move Lott to the Raiders one day in these games and do a fix. 

If you are playing with the 1993 season, I believe 80 WR Patriots is supposed to be Troy Brown. 

Ronnie Lott did play for the jets in 1993-94

• 11 months later...
On 10/20/2004 at 2:20 PM, ash said:

I know there was a discussion about errors in the rosters of TSB II, and in the middle of my completion of the rosters for the 90's, I'm finding errors, so I'm going to start a list.

Atlanta-

#40 A. Wallace... I can't find an A. Wallace anywhere.

Anthony Wallace was a running back from the U. of California.

Was drafted by the Saints in 1991 in the 9th round, waived

Training camp guy for the Falcons in 93 and 94, waived both times.  Never played in the NFL.

The Falcons only had 4 running backs on the roster that year.

33 Erric Pegram

44 Steve Broussard
29 Eric Dickerson
28 Tony Smith 

Pegram was the lead back with Broussard spelling him very occasionally.

Tony Smith was the former first round RB that Jerry Glanville didn't want who was only used for KR/PR

They traded for Dickerson in late July and he ended up starting 2 of the 4 games he played there. The Falcons tried to trade him to the Packers in October but he failed the physical and that was the end of his career.

Dickerson was listed as "RB Raiders" for the 1992 roster.  With what seems like no running backs to choose from Tecmo put in a guy who was there for the preseason and might have been on the practice squad.