Now it's the PACKERS turn

Stadawim

Well, guess i might turn this into a "Playing a Season with every Single Team" kinda thing, anyway. So i finished one with the Packers. I'm trying to go up a ladder created from our past 4 season results (worst to first). I just threw the Giants in there to break the suckotony.

Anyway, the results; (for those interested and the rest of you)

W PHI=44-3

W DET=31-0

W TBB=34-28 OT

W MIA=42-3

W LAR=24-20

W DAL=24-20

L CHI=19-17

W TBB=25-10 (defensive highlight, held them to 21 rush yds/2 pass yds)

L NYJ=24-20 (huh?)

W BUF=20-13

W MIN=23-21

W IND=36-7

W ATL=40-14

W CHI=22-10

L DET=23-17

W MIN=17-10

Lots of close games in there; but then, this was the Packers.

*NOTE - Special props to the BOLD games. If any other teams had the good luck to get the Colts and Falcons back to back that late in the year....

Some highlights:

Dallas game - TOMMIE (gimme) AGEE busted a eighty-fuckin' two yard run on my shitty defense. How's THAT for moronish? May have burned me, but The Bob SAFETIED Troy's sorry ass TWICE that game (and i wasn't even being The Bob!). Haddix got injured, which sucked because he was gettin' to be a burden for opposing teams with his popcorn-style rushing and clutch catches in the middle.

Bears game - They rushed for 228 yards on me! Guess who got 211 of that? Haddix returned the next game, and none too soon.

Bills game - So, ironically i told the team they need to play 'smart ball' and play for the tie with 1:12 left to go. So Stupid Kemp fumbled on the completion. Luckily it was out of bounds. Then Ed West (the New God) gave us a last second catch to win the game! Wasn't expecting THAT.

Vikings game - Have i mentioned that ED WEST IS GOD!?? Down 21-16, at the Viking 36. I thought it was hopeless. Not even :27 left and we snap from the shotgun, heave it down to... whoever and ED WEST leaps for the grab and jukes the remaining defender to trod on into the endzone untouched with SEVEN SECONDS LEFT. THAT'S Tecmo!!

Did i mention that for some Tecmo-God-awful reason Sterling was BAD from the 2Q of game one right on up until week 14? What kinda crap is that?

Some numbers:

(Nothing too special, nobody really got any ranks)

13-3-0 (best in league)

436 PF

219 PA (best again in league)

Rush Off - 1362

Pass Off - 3020

Tot Off - 4382

Rush Def - 1315

Pass Def - 1621 (best in league)

Tot Def - 2936 (again best in league)

Majik had the lowest INT RAT league-wide (threw 8 for a 4.4)

Thompson was the league's best PR, with 28 attempts for 225 yards (going by most, of course)

Bracken was the league's best punter, 9 times for 498 yards and a 55.3 average.

And Jacke was the league's highest scoring kicker with 108 points on 51/51 XPs & 19/21 FGs.

Nobody else had stellar numbers, but again - this was the Pack.

At least they aren't the Colts.

Playoffs to come...

Is anybody else going.....

why aren't you 16-0?

why doesn't either Nelson or Harris have 60 sacks (depending on your lurching/non-lurching preference)?

why doesn't S.Sharpe have thousands of yards and billions of Touchdowns?

How did week 3 Tampa Bay score 28 points on you???

Your numbers look like your simming these games or running with COA.

am I being mean?

Yes you're being mean. Hell I wanted to kill him last night for talking noise, but then I saw his stats after i challenged him and was like, oh. Nevermind. Hey, some folks are good, some folks are average. I guess we'd know that if someone would post the FREAKIN NE CHALLANGE!!!

Add it up Pat. Considering I beat you, and you think they are nothing but average, then what do we have? Allllrighty then. PatBeeyotch, there is always either a HINT or MASS QUANTITIES of arrogance every time you post. I'm just either mad or funny, which I guess could both come out mean. Ah well. Like I said, the NE Challange will probably tell us what we need to know about who stands where in the TSB world. Oh, and Doug, thanks a mil for not working ON A SINGLE PART OF THIS, as Pat has mentioned. If I knew you weren't going to even touch them 3 weeks after we were done I would have gladly helped Pat finish them within a week. Hell, throw some my way, I'm sure you're not close to being finished. Am I being a prick? ;)

why aren't you 16-0?

I should be? With the fucking Packers? What kind of juiced up cart have you got? They have always sucked in our leagues, no matter who played with 'em. Best they ever did was 6-10 in a MANvMAN season. I'm surprised they did this well with me versus the COM.

why doesn't either Nelson or Harris have 60 sacks?

Because A)i didn't lurch for other stats' sake, & B)Harris? He supposed to be good or something? Cause he sure moves like a glacier for me.

Did you read my above post?

Did i mention that for some Tecmo-God-awful reason Sterling was BAD from the 2Q of game one right on up until week 14?

The man dropped pass after freakin' pass. I only threw to him 2/3s of the season but what the hell am i supposed to do when he drops it? Or leaps and misses?

Truly, i don't know. But i didn't know i was expected to keep them below a certain point to not be ridiculed. I sure expected these games to go the way they did. Hell, i turned out better than i thought! I expected the Packers' shoddy D to let most teams run all over them. And Cobb had a field day.

See, i'm not one to embellish my scores and stats to make you think i'm better than you. I'll post what i do, plain and simple. I'm not gonna say i'm the greatest, most knowledgable Tecmo Bowl player because i'm courteous to the other greats already here. I hope to find people better, and expect to. What the hell would i have to live for if i could shout at the top of my lungs, "I AM THE GREATEST PLAYER OF A 17 YEAR OLD VIDEO GAME IN THE WORLD!" I may talk smack, but i won't cross over to cocky arrogance. And i may sandbag, but no one will ever know when.

Tell you what, why don't you send me the God-code you must have to make every single team solid as stone, and i'll try to post stats that would be more respectable to you.

Oh, yeah. And let me take this opportunity to regale you of my in-game notes of that horrid Colts game. Thankfully just a couple of notes...

I tallied 8 pass plays (4 of which were from the 'gun) where they threw a screen dump off and gained absolutely nothing. 8 TIMES. I mean, i don't see 8 dumps the rest of the season with the other teams combined. Not only that, but to gain nothing. ;)

Then, a prime example of suckness. 3rd & 12, from their 4. They come out in the 'gun. I, from my FS position (Cecil), was running fore to prep for a coverage drop when i saw the hole open indicating the Shotgun C Draw was called. So i went for it. Now, this happens in the course of like a second. So i burst up through the hole when Bentley finally gets going but i dive tackle and nail him for the safety. A SAFETY! Now, you all know how Cecil is. And how... oh, i dunno... every other back in the league could've got out of the safety i was intent on making. But lo and behold, another Colt blooper. JESUS. There really is no respect for this team anywhere, is there? What did they do that year, anyway? I mean, it's like Tecmo knew they would suck the next year ('91 was {one of} their 1-15 year).

Since I am still up at 2:45am, I will try to answer for Pat, but with my opinions...

why aren't you 16-0?

I should be? With the fucking Packers?

Yes. 16-0 shouldn't be too difficult. I am not being condescending, but just being a member of this forum for so long with plenty of people to play and your habit I assume is TSB, 16-0 with the Pack should not be hard to accomplish.

why doesn't either Nelson or Harris have 60 sacks?

Because A)i didn't lurch for other stats' sake, & B)Harris? He supposed to be good or something? Cause he sure moves like a glacier for me.

A) Other stats sake? What other stats? I thought that's what we were debating here. ;) Harris is more than capable enough to use on D.

Did you read my above post?

Did i mention that for some Tecmo-God-awful reason Sterling was BAD from the 2Q of game one right on up until week 14?

The man dropped pass after freakin' pass. I only threw to him 2/3s of the season but what the hell am i supposed to do when he drops it? Or leaps and misses?

First of all, don't try to force it to your best guy. The Randy Ratio in real life didn't work, and it won't work in TSB either. Yes Jerry Rice will make amazing catches, but the computer will keep increasing the difficulty it takes for Rice to keep catching consistently...therefore, you look to John Taylor, or in your case, Perry Kemp. Or Ed West, hell. Hit your 2 and 3 WRs, man!!

Truly, i don't know. But i didn't know i was expected to keep them below a certain point to not be ridiculed. I sure expected these games to go the way they did. Hell, i turned out better than i thought! I expected the Packers' shoddy D to let most teams run all over them. And Cobb had a field day.

Now, in your defense, Week 3s have always been eerily hard for me personally. Just something about it. But not in your defense, however, is letting the Bucs score 28 points on you. I'm just not picturing how that could happen at all, unless Haddix had a field day with you and their O was clicking like A Clockwork Orange.

See, i'm not one to embellish my scores and stats to make you think i'm better than you. I'll post what i do, plain and simple. I'm not gonna say i'm the greatest, most knowledgable Tecmo Bowl player because i'm courteous to the other greats already here. I hope to find people better, and expect to. What the hell would i have to live for if i could shout at the top of my lungs, "I AM THE GREATEST PLAYER OF A 17 YEAR OLD VIDEO GAME IN THE WORLD!" I may talk smack, but i won't cross over to cocky arrogance. And i may sandbag, but no one will ever know when.

Tell you what, why don't you send me the God-code you must have to make every single team solid as stone, and i'll try to post stats that would be more respectable to you.

Stada, some people do embellish, and some people use cheat codes to add more spice to the Tecmo world, but on the whole, our stats are legit. Unless someone hit the reset button here or there, that is what the NE ChallAnge was for, to assess everyone's abilities and go from there with more challenges. I think it just caught Pat off guard that your season wasn't an automatic 16-0 and your TDs never exceeded the alotted 63, which is a regular thing for most of us. All that being said, I'm not hatin' on you, I'm glad you post legit stats and are proud of them, that's what makes the Tecmo community what it is. NOW, if I could get back to my infomercials, I bid you adieu...

~Mistah J

Nice breakdown, Joker. Yeah, i might have gotten a little over-riled. It was late and sometimes well-wishers irritate me (another year).

On going 16-0: I suppose if i lurched, or used my plays effectively i could've gone 16-0. One thing is i forgot to alter the playbook to my liking at the seasons' beginning and that is one rule i make for the season - no altering the playbook after the season begins.

On Harris: No, on my cart (or maybe it was condition) this man sucks. He gets fast on occasion, sure. And i did try (OLB is my 2nd fave position to be), but he just wouldn't get going.

On the stats: Yeah. The other stats for other individuals is bound to suffer if i just stop every play with the Bob. I like seeing other people with some numbers.

On Sharpe: Perhaps i was too extreme in what i said of Sharpe. He was in BAD for 12 of the games, but i may or may not have thrown his way two-thirds of the time. Either way, i knew what he was supposed to be capable of and he didn't produce. To compare, his some other receiving stats for other players (i record all these, and here they'll be in order from most to least):

Sharpe = 34-972-28.5-12

Haddix = 32-540-16.8-5

West = 15-520-34.6-4

Wilson = 14-305-21.7-0

Kemp = 9-228-25.3-0

Fontenot = 8-119-14.8-0

Others caught just a few more, but not enough to warrant a listing.

On the Yuccs: Yeah. If you wanna kill me, use Tecmo's Tampa. I can NOT get those fuckers to work for me but, boy they sure can run wherever the hell they want on me. It actually hurts me worse in TSB3. And that goes to respond to what you said before, for a long time my habit/preference has been TSB3, so...

And of course i could hit reset on the games i lost to keep trying until i won, but i'm usually not going to that for the experience it gains me. Besides, 16-0 all the time is boring.

That being said, i will now step up to trying the Browns i think..

I have learned one thing playing with the Pack - despite his name, there is very little "Majik" in Don Majkowski. Fortunately, in my particular season he has been in Good or Excellent for the last two games and my serviceable wide receivers have been making a lot of visits to the end zone. I shut out the hated Cowboys 42-0 today. However, I still couldn't stop Emmitt from running 98 yards. I really suck at stopping the run with any team. Although I nearly always end the season ranked first in defense, I'm often near the bottom in run yardage. I have actually allowed several hundred more yards rushing than passing in about 2 out of every three seasons. The Pack's lousy defensive line (other than ALMIGHTY BOB) doesn't help matters.

Oh yeah, and it's a damn shame that WR reverses are so risky and frankly, useless by week six. I'd love to run Sharpe more, but every broken WR play is nearly a guaranteed fumble.

OK. Closed out the season.

PACKERS WON THE BOWL!

For the first time since i started doing this, i got a SB victory! Granted, the Pats got close (which is why i will take these comments with a grain of salt) but not one yet has got the title.

Post Season results:

W NYG=35-21 (the Pack beat the Giants :evil: )

W WAS=31-6 (i thought teams were harder later in the season?)

W MIA=28-7

28-7! I mean.... What. The. Hell!? The Dolphins outgunned by the lowly Pack? In the BOWL!? And the only reason they even got a single touchdown was a bullshit play where Marino threw a pass to Paige in the flat, which Paige fumbled on the tackle and it got picked up by Clayton On Crack who outran everybody on his way to score. (Actually i was faster, but i didn't get on the screen until he was at my 15) Now, to be fair i had some aid with the Giants (both Meggett and Anderson were out with injuries). And actually, the Dolphins were playing true-to-form as well - they were calling the most conservative plays i've ever seen. Ran (or tried to) at least half the time. More like two-thirds.

Wotta ruckus!

I use to always play every team each year, and record the stats.

After about the 5th year with TSB, I just didn't have the time anymore. This was probably around the mid 90s. I'd only be interested in playing during football season, so that means, what, 448+ games in 5 months?