TSB II tips

Bad Moon Rison

I just started playing TSB II recently and must say that it is way harder than I expected. It is really difficult to get my offense going, especially on the ground (even though I have a RB with 56 MS). Defense is not a problem.

I know some TSB techniques, but they haven't been very successful in this version (I even lost a game 21-11). Does anybody know how to make the game any easier on offense?

I've found that running in II isn't too easy unless you have a superstar running the ball. Also, a powerhouse runner can break a lot of tackles. My Packer team has Keith Byars. He kicks ass, but he's always getting injured. I've had him for two seasons, and he's played in about 12 -15 games.

I tried to play the game after I read your post. I used the browns 1994 v.s. cowboys 1994 on the hard level. I put in all of the backups, Todd Philcox was the man! I won 45-18. I had 396 yds. at 83% for passing with Philcox. But, only had 4 yds. rushing with Hoard on 9 attempts. So in all, the game is very easy to pass on, but DAMN hard to run on unless you have that stud Rb like you were saying.

There is a hard level?

I wasn't having problems the first few games of the season. I won my games 42-3 and had a better point differential than I usually have. Just when I got to week 8, the Chiefs crushed me. I had negative yardage in the first half (-7 rushing, 0 passing). Of course, their D-Line & CBs were in Excellent, but it was inexcusable.

I think upping the offensive players stats via TSB Manager might help.

You can edit TSB II in TSB Manager?

There is a hard level?

I wasn't having problems the first few games of the season. I won my games 42-3 and had a better point differential than I usually have. Just when I got to week 8, the Chiefs crushed me. I had negative yardage in the first half (-7 rushing, 0 passing). Of course, their D-Line & CBs were in Excellent, but it was inexcusable.

I think upping the offensive players stats via TSB Manager might help.

The reason that you will never be able to run in TSB II (and TSB for the snes) is because when two people grapple and someone runs into them, the grapple is always broken.

In TSB for the NES you have the chance that the person that runs into that group can either bounce and fall or bounce off and not break the grapple.

The reason that you will never be able to run in TSB II (and TSB for the snes) is because when two people grapple and someone runs into them, the grapple is always broken.

In TSB for the NES you have the chance that the person that runs into that group can either bounce and fall or bounce off and not break the grapple.

In TSB I, you can at least make the running game respectable if you have a good RB (i.e.-56 MS or above). In TSB II, the defenders swarm around the ball carrier even before I can hand it off.

It looks like delay plays help like draws and such. I was able to run for 189 yards between Harold Green and Derrick Fenner of the 94 Bungles vs. the 94 Niners. This game also featured a tipped pass INT return for a TD.

It looks like delay plays help like draws and such. I was able to run for 189 yards between Harold Green and Derrick Fenner of the 94 Bungles vs. the 94 Niners. This game also featured a tipped pass INT return for a TD.

Was it midseason? I had a few 100+ games with Leonard Russell Weeks 1&2 '94 season. Then he got injured and I had to put mediocre backups in and rush for about 20 yards per game.

I have yet to get the tipped pass for an INT. It seems exciting.

I believe you said somewhere else that TSB II uses a similar or same player engine as TSB I. If this is the case, then that why it might even be harder than TSB I offensively.

The graphical enhancements in the 3/4 view for TSB II make the field slightly larger than TSB. If the players are running at the same speed and have a further distance to go, they will put up lesser numbers than if the field were shorter.

The only factor that might come into play to help you get more yardage are the new moves added like spinning that were not in TSB I. These are rarer, IMO, than TSB III, so it will feel extremely hard to run the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this threads's getting old, but I just finished a TSBII season and was glad to hear people still play it.

I played with the '93 Raiders. Their RBs are so-so, but I found rushing was still important late in the season, even if it was only 3-4 yds at a time. I think Rod's right about the delay runs - I had the direct snap sgun draw, and almost every time I used it between passing, it was good for 10 yds.

The "Hard" setting for preseason is still pretty wimpy compared to late season games.

Even though defense is easier than w/TSBIII, I like how sacking is harder because of smarter QBs. And my new vote for most ridiculous team is no longer the '95 Cowboys, but the '93 Oilers (I squeaked by them 16-7 in the AFC championship).

• 1 year later...

I used Leonard Russell in the '94 versioon of the broncos and barely made it in loosing my last 4 game to finish 9-7. It's true this whole game wants to be realistic starting off strong ending up miserable yet finding steam again for the playoffs. I scored 6 field goals in my last 4 games getting crushed by 2-10 New orleans and 3-13 L.A. Raiders but come playoff time even though I made it as a wildcard I still won the superbowl 35-9 over the Giants.

Anyone knowthogh why I can't have another season unless I delete the memory file? I tried to go another season ut the same credits came up as in the end to the superbowl.

P.S. I wish TSB had added or worked on the Superbowl halftime show hahaha that was something I did not expect on TSB II.