Fastest player vs. COM

Joker

The fastest player I have ever seen when playing the computer was Howie Long. Faster than Bo, I swear. If you play enough, you can see that one random guy on an onside kick turn on his nitrous and come soaring into the play, usually after the man is down. Howie was that fast on a couple of real plays on D while I played him, and I dropped the controller and my jaw plenty of times. Hell, he would even break up long passes from the D line if he felt like it. On offense vs. the COM, I guess I would say there's a tie with Bo, Barry, and Neal Anderson. Each one of them, even if I was Ronnie Lott, would outrun me, literally. Usually you can catch up, but with these guys towards the end of the season, you could only run the same speed or they would leave your ass. A little unfair, yes, but that's TSB at it's finest. I am good against the run, too, so this pissed me off more than anything else. I think 242 total rush defense yards was my best D outing in a season, but when Barry outran the D play you PICKED CORRECTLY for a 70 yard TD, there isn't much more that can make you throw the remote control across the room. I mean, you know you're in trouble when the MF blinks cuz even the color can't catch up with him... :?

I think the number on his head (indicating that either the player or the computer is controlling him personally) will make a player faster. Or at least it always seems like the computer's player is the one with the best shot of running you down on a big run and his player is always going to be the farside DE.

I've had guys like George Adams of the Patriots run so fast you can't catch up with him. The worst thing I've ever seen was against the Raiders in the playoffs when Jay Schroeder ran for about a 50 yard td. When it comes to computer players, I think they are all basically similar in that the computer is gonna screw you over with whoever is handy.

This is especially scary when you play the Bills, Chiefs, Saints, Giants, Vikings, Eagles & Bears. At least it is for us. That means the CPU controls Smith, Maas, Turnbull, Marshall, Doleman, Simmons & Dent respectively. And if they're not the fastest dudes the CPU controls for you guys, you're missing out. Not so much Turnbull, Marshall & Maas; they need a really good day. But the other teams, look out. The CPU will run you down.

Ive noticed plenty of times, and it seems it happens usually when its an important game. You will sack the qb, or stop the rb for a loss and its fourth down, but a fat ass lineman gets the rock and morphs into bo jackson or something. Going in a straight line u still cant catch him..........i will never forget steve wisneiwski for the raiders i believe did it to me 2 times in one year. I was my houston oilers......happened in game one as i tackled allen and fumbled it, then in the playoffs i tackled schroeder and he did the same thing.........i forgot how far they were but im guessing both were over 50 yard returns. Its only happened 2 me one time on a blocked FG where someone picks it up and takes it to the house........oh the name ralph tamm sticks out...............bastard did it to me a lot as well

Ive noticed plenty of times, and it seems it happens usually when its an important game. You will sack the qb, or stop the rb for a loss and its fourth down, but a fat ass lineman gets the rock and morphs into bo jackson or something. Going in a straight line u still cant catch him..........i will never forget steve wisneiwski for the raiders i believe did it to me 2 times in one year. I was my houston oilers......happened in game one as i tackled allen and fumbled it, then in the playoffs i tackled schroeder and he did the same thing.........i forgot how far they were but im guessing both were over 50 yard returns. Its only happened 2 me one time on a blocked FG where someone picks it up and takes it to the house........oh the name ralph tamm sticks out...............bastard did it to me a lot as well

Even worse than that is when you CAN catch him, but he casts an invisible spell and you run right through him every time you try to tackle. Good God that will be the death of me. It's already given me receding hairlines at age 25. :?