Favorite players to use / Least favorite to face

Eric

My favs to use are Craig Heyward, Deion Sanders, and Seth Joyner. As far as All-Time Greats I like Jim Brown, Mike Ditka, Larry Wilson, and Jack Ham.

The guys that always kill me are:

QB - the soft throwers - they throw those loopy passes (more like jump balls) that are nearly indefensible

*QB - Jeff George and Scott Mitchell suddenly become Barry Sanders-ish when they take off whether on designed sneaks or scrambling (even performing spin moves! - as if!)

RB - the niners RB's - Derrick Moore and William Floyd seem to run me over constantly

WR - Ryan Yarborough and Ray Crittenden - for some reason the D's that I play always leave them wide open on deep patterns

CB - DJ Johnson - he seems to pick me off constantly, even in 1-on-1 situations

KR/PR - Rod Woodson - I always dread punting to this guy

• 1 month later...

Heyward is always fun to use. :)

On defense, I like speedy linebackers or powerful safetys. Occassionally I'll go with a DE that's agile or has high hitting power.

I hate to play against Marshall Faulk as many people know from the last forum. I used to Bills, and finished 14-2. Both losses to the Colts cuz Faulk rushed for over 200 both games.

Ryan Yarborough is good, for some strange reason. His stats don't say he is, but he caught like 8 passes for 223 one time I played him in a regular season game. Must be those rainbow passes down the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Barry Sanders is always great to use when you want to do five spin moves and a few jumps while dodging tacklers. He's either unstoppable (when excellent) or above-average (when bad). I like to use RB Bills (AKA Thurman Thomas) as a good receiving RB. The plays the Bills have really work well with his pass-catching ability.

I find Scott Mitchell pretty annoying, too, especially when both he AND Barry can run the ball pretty well.

Speaking of Yarborough, I just played a game against the Jets in which they had 150 yards passing. Guess who made all six receptions for 150 yards?

My friend used to kill me running the ball with Rashaan Salaam, I don't know why or how though.

• 1 month later...

Fave's: Dexter, or throwing to Yarborough. 5 min Q Dex just had a 49 att game 410 yds and 6 TD. played 5 games so far outta 12 and leads the league in rushing yards and scoring.

Least Faves to face: KEITH BYARS! DE BILLS!

Scott Mitchell has never caused damage to my D. Unfortunately BYARS HAS 2 for 2 in the season I'm playin with the Jets. Potts too, not Faulk, Roosevelt Potts.

My favorite is P. Man he is a D-linemen and he has like a 94 in Speed and he gets like 20 tackles and 17 sacks (per game) without even trying.

no one ever gets passing yards on me.

favorite real players: Chris er... Jim Everett and Michael Hayes

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tracy "Simien Monkey!" and Harry Colon were always fun when my friend Ken played with them

As a Bears fan, Mark Carrier was the man in every Tecmo game. In fact, I think Dave Duerson was actually a young Mark Carrier in disguise in the first Tecmo Bowl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

For some reason I have had a lot of trouble with the Saints in my DEF Only seasons and Mario Bates drives me nuts with his spin moves. Mario Bates is supposed to suck.

I saw someone mentioned Cortez Kennedy as a most feared. After playing a season with each team I noticed that there are two defensive players that can completely take over a quarter even though controlled by COM - Reggie White and Cortez Kennedy. If they are in excellent condition and/or their matchup is favorable, they immediately shed their opponent and snuff out runs and wreak havoc on pass plays. QBs that try to roll out are dead meat have no shot and even if they stand still they have to release so fast that receivers haven't had a chance to get downfield.