TecmoBowl.org Presents Tecmo Super Bowl 2013

Knobbe

Note, I am referring to the 2014 rom and I'm assuming that you are too; so if you're talking about 2013, I don't have that on me.

Thank you for your input on the ROM, I do NOT intend to argue with you.  

I agree that Chicago black/black probably occurs too frequently.  After looking at the way it's set up (2014 rom) I do agree that the 1st jersey ("default") should be White, instead of black.  

This was an oversight, and I can tell by the way the alternate jersey matchups are set that black/black was supposed to be the less frequent alternate.

By "matchup conflict" I mean - basically any other team that has a white jersey with a darkish helmet.

I am assuming that you've never noticed that on the original 1991 TSB game the Giants have black helmets?  There are other "artistic liberties" that the game designers used for effect.

By "boring" I mean black and white all the time is boring, and that is just an opinion.  But just because I stated my opinion does not mean that is the primary reason it was edited that way.  

The primary reason was the matchup conflicts.  After that, so that the bears could have a dark jersey.  So it was determined that the negative/inaccuracy of the Bears having black pants did not outweigh the effect gained.

PS - I did not know that a flashing player icon is a "tecmo staple", thank you for bringing that to my attention.

You have made a strong case.  Next year, we'll take this suggestion into consideration.  Have a good one.

post-5602-0-16645500-1387305550_thumb.pn

Note, I am referring to the 2014 rom and I'm assuming that you are too; so if you're talking about 2013, I don't have that on me.

Thank you for your input on the ROM, I do NOT intend to argue with you.  

I agree that Chicago black/black probably occurs too frequently.  After looking at the way it's set up (2014 rom) I do agree that the 1st jersey ("default") should be White, instead of black.  

This was an oversight, and I can tell by the way the alternate jersey matchups are set that black/black was supposed to be the less frequent alternate.

By "matchup conflict" I mean - basically any other team that has a white jersey with a darkish helmet.

I am assuming that you've never noticed that on the original 1991 TSB game the Giants have black helmets?  There are other "artistic liberties" that the game designers used for effect.

By "boring" I mean black and white all the time is boring, and that is just an opinion.  But just because I stated my opinion does not mean that is the primary reason it was edited that way.  

The primary reason was the matchup conflicts.  After that, so that the bears could have a dark jersey.  So it was determined that the negative/inaccuracy of the Bears having black pants did not outweigh the effect gained.

PS - I did not know that a flashing player icon is a "tecmo staple", thank you for bringing that to my attention.

You have made a strong case.  Next year, we'll take this suggestion into consideration.  Have a good one.

attachicon.gifbeers.png

Thank you for the discussion and interaction, I wasn't trying nor did I intend to come across as looking for an arguement. 

Yes I was talking about the 2014 ROM, I apologize for posting in the 2013 thread, I'm at work and didn't realize that is what I had pulled up.

It makes more sense seeing that it was intended to be an alt. jersey color that was worn fewer times. 

Thanks for explaining that the effort was inspired by not having them in the same black/white uniforms all of the time, given the variety NES color palette and the fun combinations/creativity of the other NFL teams, I can see why the white/black uniforms would be considered boring.  While I am personally not the biggest fan of Chicago's Orange top/black bottom jerseys, those could also be an option for an alt jersey in regards to avoiding the black on black.

I think it really stood out more this year because of the changes to the end zone and the players and marker dissapearing there.  

Given your history and time spent with Tecmo I know you know the flashing marker was part of the game, I was just expressing that I didn't like it when it's solid.  The flashing marker was a personal preference, I can't speak to how much/what type feedback you would recieve if you color mashed more of the teams and by default removed it.

So I appreciate your reply but given the sarcasm of your PS I have no idea how much you actually care or listen to this feedback, but none the less thanks for not ignoring me because I posted in the wrong thread.

I am serious and I understand what you're saying regarding the color-mechanics and the NFL accuracy appeal.  

You are the first person (that I have talked to) that has ever mentioned that they did not like the dark/dark Chicago uniforms.  

Honestly, I have never thought that the flashing player indicators were of any significance.  But I do see your point.

I am serious and I understand what you're saying regarding the color-mechanics and the NFL accuracy appeal.  

You are the first person (that I have talked to) that has ever mentioned that they did not like the dark/dark Chicago uniforms.  

Honestly, I have never thought that the flashing player indicators were of any significance.  But I do see your point.

Very cool, thank you again for the detailed info!

In my original TB ROM, I make the bears home jersey a dark grey...talk about inaccurate!!  It's the best combination I could come up with, other than making them orange and black, and I didn't like that.  

I remember trying to play with the uni's a bit in the editor, even trying the darkest blue, but it wasn't dark enough.  I think I had trouble with anything but white/black which was a bit frustrating.