So when was TSB II: Special Edition released?

Retrosportsgamer

TSB NES to TSB SNES-GENS was basically taking the old game and just making it work with the newer systems.

TSB II was a completely re-write of not only the graphics but the game engine itself.

I would suppose that it's completely plausible that the games were released a year apart on the different systems.

Thanks - yeah, thinking more on it, it would seem the SNES version really was the following year. I know with TSB III - they were a couple months behind on the SNES.

Does the Genesis version of TSB II have the three previous seasons or rosters or is that just on the SNES?

They both have three seasons. I don't know if they have identical rosters or not. I know that Marino isn't on the 1993 roster as he was injured in the first game of the year and it's one of the rare Tecmo rosters where they rated it after the fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Tecmo Super Bowl 2 is a solid game head to head.... I like it WAY better than Tecmo Super Bowl 3 which was way to offensive ... Tecmo 2 you can lock it down pretty good... JUST don't put season trade mode on because for what-ever reason the game get's really offensive when you do that, It's almost like some kinda glitch... You can play 3 years season mode no problem and it play's great but just leave trades OFF... Take it from me because I've played about 50 seasons in that version... It's by far my favorite version other than 8 bit Tecmo Super...

• 5 months later...

Have to say I disagree with the previous post.

Interesting thread subject here...  I absolutely LOVED the NES games (especially TSB of course).  I enjoyed the SNES TSB as well.  I was VERY excited about the prospects of TSB 2.  But I seem to recall there was a big delay in the release.  I wanted it for my birthday or Christmas or something and I remember it was delayed and then it was REALLY scarce when it finally came out...  That was a real bummer.

And then sadly, to put a cherry on top the game was a HUGE disappointment to me.  After I finally got a copy, I found that it was worse than the previous games in nearly every way.  All that waiting and it pretty much sucked.  The only TSB game worse is the PSX version, which is absolute garbage.

TSB 3 was definitely more enjoyable for me...  Though neither it nor TSB 2 ever came close to matching TSB NES or TSB SNES.

Edited by rmm1976

When it comes to a challenge, the difficulty in TSB makes it amazing. I think it's my favorite one, but the first one on SNES is great too. TSB 3 is really good but like someone else said, it's way too easy offensively. Any QB can easily put up Joe Montana numbers.

• 3 years later...

tsb 2 on genesis was very enjoyable to me only the nes tsb is better to me. i didnt like it on snes and i enjoyed the genesis tsb games more than the snes versions(i still like tsb and tsb 3 on snes). but something about the genesis version i enjoyed a lot more. i wish they still made tsb games with the nfl rosters(unlike the lame two that came out in late 2000s thanks to crap like madden selfishly taking control of the nfl license). i also feel this game needs more love in terms of hacks and managers to hack but im sure its probably because of its program codes. my only complants of the game is the simming of season the stats can be very underwhelming on offense outside of running stats. same with ints on defense. and i wish 3 year mode had a trade feature to for those seasons.