ArkLaTex Tecmo Rankings

bgboud2

1) Jack from Shreveport. If he played online or had a screen name CastAwayTecmo might be fitting due to his beardness. I now consider myself fortunate to have beaten him in 2011 in SWLA. He has since won 2012 SWLA original and the updated cartridge tournaments. He was #2 in Mud Bowl V.

2a) Me. Why do I put myself here (slightly) over Dave? I evened up the score on him in Mud Bowl V and swept the vaunted pookie in Mud Bowl V, only to be derailed by Jack's solid clock bleeding. I won SWLA 2011 and was #2 in SWLA updated cartridge 2012.

2b) Dave Ashman Twin Cinema. He was #2 in SWLA 2012 and won Mud Bowl V. He doesn't like Cajuns but can win with New France relic Trudeau. In fact he called Jack a Cajun whereas Jack is a Texas native, yet thought I was a Texan even though je m'appelle Boudreaux.

3a) Tommy from Shreveport. This is a guy who has been in the running each time but hasn't broken through. He went toe to toe with a Holzbaur in SWLA 2010. It took me a Greg Lloyd blocked FG to beat him in SWLA 2011. He was close but no cigar vs. me in SWLA updated cartridge 2012.

3b) Chad SWLA. The fastest tapper of the ArkLaTex (among those still playing). At least in our exhibition games he's managed to get me almost every time. Kind of like Tommy, he's been in the running each time in the tournies but hasn't broken through.

4a) Sam of SWLA. He was my nemisis in 2012, beating me twice to end my hopes of defending. Another clock bleeder take his tackles kind of guy but knows your plays when he's on defense.

4b) Willyom. If my friend cared to play at one of these he'd probably be the fastest tapper of the ArkLaTex. He was capable of taking down the NES MAX on any given tap back in the day. He hasn't been to a tournament but I've seen enough to know where he'd stand.

5 a,b,c,d) Jimmy and pookie of carthage, kweh/tecmongrel, cubsfan. The former two I have played live and were solid enough. The latter two are online vets who live in the ArkLaTex and should be mentioned even though they are not impressive.

Edited by bgboud2

I love this regional ranking page. Now it is time for me to start playing my true game and claim my rightful spot at #1!

Brent, you forgot to mention my that I won the first SWLA TSB tourney without loosing a game.

In the second SWLA tourney (I finished 3rd) I was able to handle all the boys from Wisconsin except for Chet. In that same tourney I had to beat Jack (I was TB he was SD) in the single elim tournament to move on and beat Rico (we used pro bowl teams) from Wisconsin to then move on to lose by a fumble to Josh Holzbauer (I was Cin he was Chi). I played Chet (who won the tourney) after the tourney and he destroyed me(I was MIA he was KC). In the round robin portion, Jack did beat me.

In the third SWLA tourney (double elim tourney) I beat Jack, then Tommy beat me, Then I beat Tommy, Then Jack beat me. Therefore Jack moved on to play you. He beat you the first game and lost to you in the second game making you the Winner. I didn't play you in the tourney so I played you afterwards and you were MIN and I was TB and I beat you.

In the fourth tourney, Sam beat you twice, I beat Sam twice, Jack beat me once, David beat me once (this will not happen again by the way, lol) and Jack went on to beat David and become the Champion without loosing a game! I didnt play you in the tourney so I played you again on the side and beat you again on TV #1.

That now brings us to our first updated roster tourney. Due to some certain events we are just going to paraphrase this tourney and say Jack was the winner without loosing a game! But on the lighter side of things, we played a side game and we tied and we met up in the tournament and you beat me (this will not happen again by the way, lol).

I am ok with your current rankings but know that they will change after each tourney with me moving up the charts, LOL!

Everyone have an awesome week!

1) Jack from Shreveport. If he played online or had a screen name CastAwayTecmo might be fitting due to his beardness. I now consider myself fortunate to have beaten him in 2011 in SWLA. He has since won 2012 SWLA original and the updated cartridge tournaments. He was #2 in Mud Bowl V.

2a) Me. Why do I put myself here (slightly) over Dave? I evened up the score on him in Mud Bowl V and swept the vaunted pookie in Mud Bowl V, only to be derailed by Jack's solid clock bleeding. I won SWLA 2011 and was #2 in SWLA updated cartridge 2012.

2b) Dave Ashman Twin Cinema. He was #2 in SWLA 2012 and won Mud Bowl V. He doesn't like Cajuns but can win with New France relic Trudeau. In fact he called Jack a Cajun whereas Jack is a Texas native, yet thought I was a Texan even though je m'appelle Boudreaux.

3a) Tommy from Shreveport. This is a guy who has been in the running each time but hasn't broken through. He went toe to toe with a Holzbaur in SWLA 2010. It took me a Greg Lloyd blocked FG to beat him in SWLA 2011. He was close but no cigar vs. me in SWLA updated cartridge 2012.

3b) Chad SWLA. The fastest tapper of the ArkLaTex (among those still playing). At least in our exhibition games he's managed to get me almost every time. Kind of like Tommy, he's been in the running each time in the tournies but hasn't broken through.

4a) Sam of SWLA. He was my nemisis in 2012, beating me twice to end my hopes of defending. Another clock bleeder take his tackles kind of guy but knows your plays when he's on defense.

4b) Willyom. If my friend cared to play at one of these he'd probably be the fastest tapper of the ArkLaTex. He was capable of taking down the NES MAX on any given tap back in the day. He hasn't been to a tournament but I've seen enough to know where he'd stand.

5 a,b,c,d) Jimmy and pookie of carthage, kweh/tecmongrel, cubsfan. The former two I have played live and were solid enough. The latter two are online vets who live in the ArkLaTex and should be mentioned even though they are not impressive.

Yes, Jack is for sure CastawayTecmo! That is awesome! Or he could be called TecmoHangover! LOL!

So.. let me get this straighy Brent.. I have played in two tournies with u. In both tournies we 2-2 against each other. However, I finished higher than u in both but u r somehow edging me out? I am also the Tecmo Mud Bowl III Champion just FYI not to mention my status as being a member of OTFL POOL 1 which was very hard to become a member of back in tha day...

being a member of OTFL POOL 1

Not that I care about this either way but I have no idea how playing Tecmo on the internet earlier than others makes you a better player than anyone else at this point and time.

OTFL Pool 1 was very hard to become a member of. You had to be the best of the best to join. It has nothing ti do with hiw long ago it was.

I've been around that long. While it means you can play and have played against good competition, it has EVERYTHING to do with how long ago you were on the internet.

Well thats funny because I beat out several older online players getting into that league and I was even told by Mr. Beef and WashingtonGM is was player skill that got e into that league. I mean no disrespet I remember it well because a lot of guys were mad when I was selected iver them to play in that league

No actually it doesnt.. Admission to Pool 1 was player skill. If Mr. Beef or WashingtonGM were ariund they could confirm this. I beat guys who had much more time on getting into Pool 1

I'm not dismissing the talent in this league.

I'm simply pointing out that listing it as a reason you think you rank higher than bgboud is completely ridiculous.

BTW, would have been more impressed if you had listed Monkey, Donny, or Bruddog.

I remember u too Brud..And Knobbe I played with MonkeyButler too! Its just been so long I have forgotton some of those names. Well bring ur a**'s to Mud Bowl VI and I can show u my talent level! Lol! WashingtonGM was giod too I just remember him so easy because he threw a fit when he lost. And wasnt Mr.Beef commish of OTFL or is my memory bad Knobbe?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...